After a long period of open
- MQL4 with OOP and other MQL5 features, retaining old MQL4 code compatibility. MetaEditor IDE has been also upgraded to that of MQL5. New MQL4 features include full support for classes and calls to all functions of MQL5, including its huge standard library. MetaQuotes also claims an increased execution speed for all new MT4 apps (robots, indicators and scripts).
- New files location. With the introduction of new MQL4 development environment, MT4 has got a renewed directory structure to store its apps. Now, you need to copy all your files to the following path:
- Complete integration of jobs and market for MT4 apps. You can now buy and sell various MT4-based products inside your trading platform. Newly compiled .ex4 files will feature the same level of protection against decompilation as the .ex5 products sold in MetaTrader 5 market.
- Trade request cancellation is no longer supported by the platform. After you send a request to the server, it will be either executed or rejected by the trading server. This is due to the new connection mechanism implemented by MetaQuotes. It is also making all trading request transmissions much faster than before.
- History format of MT4 has been updated to that of MT5 to store spreads and volume.
- The same as in MT5,
push-notificationsto the mobile version of MetaTrader are now available in MT4.
- Time of trading orders and price quotes is now shown down to seconds.
Basically, the platform has turned into a MetaTrader 5 with support for all (or nearly all) the old features of MetaTrader 4. All the brokers that I have checked had already updated their server software, and Build 600 update is now available from them.
All the MetaTrader indicators and expert advisors published on EarnForex.com should remain compatible with MT4 Build 600. You can download the newer versions of Fisher and Laguerre indicators and HAN, Amazing and MACD Patter EAs to get rid of some
If you have some questions or comments about the newest release of the MetaTrader 4 platform, please feel free to submit them using the form below.