Position Size Calculator
A free Forex tool that lets you calculate the size of the position in units and lots to accurately manage your risks. It works with all major currency pairs and crosses. It requires only few input values, but allows you to tune it finely to your specific needs. All you need to do is fill the form below and press the "Calculate" button)
The form does not calculate position size for oil, gold (XAU/USD), silver (XAG/USD), and other commodities
their contract specifications (namely, lot size) differ significantly between brokers. Please use a relevant MetaTrader indicator to assess position volumes for such assetsMetaTrader indicator
Calculating your position size correctly is very important, especially if you are pursuing a money management strategy
The main idea behind these levels is the support and resistance values for a currency pair trend at which the most important breaks or bounces can appear. It is recommended to set your stop-loss, take-profit as well as stop and limit orders at these levels or around their values. This position-size calculator will organize your currency trading experience and will allow you to be in the market full-time.
The advantages of the MetaTrader version are:
- Very fast calculation (once set up)
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface with a graphical panel
- Position size calculated in the same software that is used for trading
- Will work for you even when you are offline
- Calculate position size even if EarnForex.com is temporarily offline.
- Trade based on your calculated position size using a simple script.
The disadvantages of the MetaTrader version are:
- Requires MetaTrader (4 or 5) installation
- Requires downloading and installing the indicator
- It is not as intuitive as this simple lot size calculator
You might also find our pip value calculator
It can help you to find the value of the pip for various currency pairs and for the nonstandard account currencies.pip value calculator