In February 2008, I have launched a simple online position size calculator — a tool that helped thousands of traders to open trades based on their risk preference. In March 2012, I have published the first version of position size calculator (PSC) indicator for MetaTrader. Now, 4 years later, I am honored to present the latest iteration in the development of PSC — the position size calculator with a graphical panel:
In addition to an entirely new user interface, the latest version of this position sizing indicator includes:
- Account currency display.
- Current leverage display.
- Custom leverage input for margin calculation.
- Calculation of the maximum position size with all the available margin.
- Configuration saving and loading.
- Compatibility with hedging mode in MT5 (including the trading script).
This video briefly explains how to use this indicator, including placing trades using its outputs:
If you find any bugs in this calculator panel for MetaTrader or if you have some cool ideas to add to it, please post them using the commentary form below.