Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there any problems about the 3.02 version ?
Yes, there are quite a few bugs there.
I mean I've had some problems with limit orders like a wrong volume size calculated. I should have losses and didn't get them, and so on.

1677597023201.png

The last line is an order put after have closed MT4 + PSC and started them again. It seems to have the right value in term of volume.
Sorry, but I don't understand. What do you mean by a wrong volume size calculated for limit orders? What is that screenshot supposed to show?

cxskate

Trader
Aug 12, 2022
Hello,
Is there any problems about the 3.02 version ? I mean I've had some problems with limit orders like a wrong volume size calculated. I should have losses and didn't get them, and so on.

Something similar happened to me when my limit order was larger than my max allowed trade size.. The trade didn't go through

Fokse

Dec 12, 2022

Sorry, but I don't understand. What do you mean by a wrong volume size calculated for limit orders? What is that screenshot supposed to show?
It is supposed to show that the volume isn't correct... I'm risking the same 1% per trade on a 80K demo account here. You have a right value at the end on the last trade, look the values above... "0.03" and so on. I had to close and start again MT4 + PSC then the lot size has changed... it was correct.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It is supposed to show that the volume isn't correct... I'm risking the same 1% per trade on a 80K demo account here. You have a right value at the end on the last trade, look the values above... "0.03" and so on. I had to close and start again MT4 + PSC then the lot size has changed... it was correct.
So, what you are saying is that the Position Sizer calculated a buy limit of 15.18 lots, while with similar risk and stop-loss, it usually calculated 0.02-0.03 lots? And after you restarted the platform it re-calculated everything correctly with 0.03 lot?

It's hard to detect the problem here without seeing any screenshots. Could you please capture the screenshot of the Position Sizer's Main tab when and the entire chart when something like this happens next time?

Bergh

Feb 28, 2023
Discuss the Position Sizer expert advisor here. This EA lets you calculate optimal position size and execute trades based on these calculations. Based on Position Size Calculator, it allows some additional control over the trades it opens. You can ask any questions about this free MetaTrader tool here.

Hi all,

Is it possible to get Position-Sizer on your mobile (iPhone) to overlay MT5? This would make it possible to calc position size in MT5 whilst away from your desk for example.
Thanks.

Mio

Trader
Nov 10, 2021
Position Calculator manage to calculate my lot size perfectly for a 2% risk in SP500 symbol, but my broker has a limit size to open only 100 lots per order.
Sadly, 100 lots doesn't correspond to 2%, it's way less. It's possible to PSC recognize the symbol broker maximal volume per position and divide the "Position Size" in PSC Panel by orders at that size?
So for example, for 2% risk at 10 pip distance would be 600 lots SP500, but PSC caps at 100, could it recognize and divide it by 6 orders of 100?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Position Calculator manage to calculate my lot size perfectly for a 2% risk in SP500 symbol, but my broker has a limit size to open only 100 lots per order.
Sadly, 100 lots doesn't correspond to 2%, it's way less. It's possible to PSC recognize the symbol broker maximal volume per position and divide the "Position Size" in PSC Panel by orders at that size?
So for example, for 2% risk at 10 pip distance would be 600 lots SP500, but PSC caps at 100, could it recognize and divide it by 6 orders of 100?
If you set the CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize input parameter to true, the Position Sizer will calculate the size without capping it at the broker's maximum. However, you would still have to manually divide the position into 6 trades.

• 👍
Reactions: Mio

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks. Do you know if cTrader does?
Do you mean if cTrader mobile app supports custom indicators and EAs? No, it doesn't.

If you want to use EAs and indicators on your mobile, I would suggest running a MetaTrader instance on a VPS and then connect to its via the mobile interface.

Bergh

Feb 28, 2023
Do you mean if cTrader mobile app supports custom indicators and EAs? No, it doesn't.

If you want to use EAs and indicators on your mobile, I would suggest running a MetaTrader instance on a VPS and then connect to its via the mobile interface.
Thanks for the feedback. Will check out the VPS products.

Mio

Trader
Nov 10, 2021
If you set the CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize input parameter to true, the Position Sizer will calculate the size without capping it at the broker's maximum. However, you would still have to manually divide the position into 6 trades.
Yeah, but it's possible to jerry-rig the PSC to divide for me, if I set TakeProfitNumber to something higher than 1 it actually gives me the opportunity to divide between the "takes" a lot %!
Sadly I have 2 options of Take Profits , equal distance or inside the main one. It's possible to create a third option to all takes just be in the same position as the main one?
Or even better, if we use/activate "CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize" to bypass broker restriction, why not auto divide like the "TakeProfitNumber" when placing the order?
Which means, the EA would have a new function inside the "CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize":
You set your order, it bypass the symbol broker maximal volume per position but when you actually "Shift+T" it will place multiple orders with same SL n TP, exactly like "TakeProfitNumber" works. To prevent bugs:
The "position size" font/number only gets red and block trades (with CalculateUnadjestPositonSize true) if the margin is not available.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yeah, but it's possible to jerry-rig the PSC to divide for me, if I set TakeProfitNumber to something higher than 1 it actually gives me the opportunity to divide between the "takes" a lot %!
Sadly I have 2 options of Take Profits , equal distance or inside the main one. It's possible to create a third option to all takes just be in the same position as the main one?
Or even better, if we use/activate "CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize" to bypass broker restriction, why not auto divide like the "TakeProfitNumber" when placing the order?
Which means, the EA would have a new function inside the "CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize":
You set your order, it bypass the symbol broker maximal volume per position but when you actually "Shift+T" it will place multiple orders with same SL n TP, exactly like "TakeProfitNumber" works. To prevent bugs:
The "position size" font/number only gets red and block trades (with CalculateUnadjestPositonSize true) if the margin is not available.
OK, I will see what can be done here.

Anon784590

Mar 13, 2023
Hi, really great tool!!!
But I have a issue when using the function of placing orders via Position Sizer in MT4. I'm on a assessment account with Scandinavian Capital Markets and I can't place a order without SL. But even if I have placed a SL in Position Sizer and the SL function is on, it looks like the execution is without SL and adjusted immediately after the order is placed. In limit order there is no issue, but when I use "Instant" the order get rejected due to the broker rules of missing a SL.
Do you know what's wrong?

Last edited:

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Hi, really great tool!!!
But I have a issue when using the function of placing orders via Position Sizer in MT4. I'm on a assessment account with Scandinavian Capital Markets and I can't place a order without SL. But even if I have placed a SL in Position Sizer and the SL function is on, it looks like the execution is without SL and adjusted immediately after the order is placed. In limit order there is no issue, but when I use "Instant" the order get rejected due to the broker rules of missing a SL.
There is currently a bug in the Position Sizer that permits Position Size calculation and trading for Long positions. It will be fixed in the next version. It won't allow either calculation or trading when SL = 0. If you really need to open an order without stop-loss, you can do so by ticking the "Do not apply stop-loss" checkbox on the Trading tab of the panel.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, really great tool!!!
It detects that the symbol has its execution type set to SYMBOL_TRADE_EXECUTION_MARKET. Normally, it means that market orders have to be sent without SL and TP and that SL and TP should be applied after the position is opened. However, it appears that this isn't always the case. In the future versions of the Position Sizer, there will be an input parameter that would allow you to control whether to open market orders with immediate SL/TP or to apply them after the position has been opened.

• ℹ️
Reactions: EnrichWave

Anon784590

Mar 13, 2023
It detects that the symbol has its execution type set to SYMBOL_TRADE_EXECUTION_MARKET. Normally, it means that market orders have to be sent without SL and TP and that SL and TP should be applied after the position is opened. However, it appears that this isn't always the case. In the future versions of the Position Sizer, there will be an input parameter that would allow you to control whether to open market orders with immediate SL/TP or to apply them after the position has been opened.
Ok, thank you for your answer. Do you know when that version is due?

Pjp

Mar 19, 2023
Discuss the Position Sizer expert advisor here. This EA lets you calculate optimal position size and execute trades based on these calculations. Based on Position Size Calculator, it allows some additional control over the trades it opens. You can ask any questions about this free MetaTrader tool here.
The psc line and the stop loss line remain on some of my charts. How can I remove them?