Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Account for spread would add the additional spread buffer to your long trade entry price and short trade stop loss! I think that's the only important idea I really had.. I'd like to see an option to add a custom automatic buffer to the stop loss as well (before the spread buffer was added for the shorts)
In all cases except for the ATR-based, SL is explicitly set by the trader. There is no second SL to display with the spread applied. It would required adding a new field for each such input (SL, TP, Entry). I'm not sure it's better than for the trader just to take spread into account when setting the existing fields.

DanWe

Trader
Feb 6, 2023
Hi, Could someone please help me with that?
Why I can't open a position for 9.14 lots (2% of my balance), picture attached, on BTCUSD MT5? I've checked the properties and everything seems ok. I manage to open larger lot sizes for other cypto currencies. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-05 5.06.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-05 5.06.25 PM.png
    50 KB · Views: 6

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, Could someone please help me with that?
Why I can't open a position for 9.14 lots (2% of my balance), picture attached, on BTCUSD MT5? I've checked the properties and everything seems ok. I manage to open larger lot sizes for other cypto currencies. Thank you!
My guess is that you don't have enough margin. It might also be some margin calculation bug in the MT5 version of the Position Sizer. Are you able to open a 9.14 lot trade manually?

joseph_75

Trader
Feb 7, 2023
how to fix sl line and prevent it to chane with price change ?
I would like to fix SL and volume will change with pric movement

Fokse

Dec 12, 2022
Hello,

I'm using Position Sizer and I'm wandering if I would be able to set an automatic breakeven at a certain level ?

Thanks,

Fokse

Dec 12, 2022
Yes, you can do so using the Breakeven field on the Trading tab.
You're talking about an input to type a number in points to set the break-even level ?
I was talking about a button to automatically set the breakeven at a certain level.

Fokse

Dec 12, 2022
Please elaborate.
I mean a button into the GUI which would let us to automatically set a BE level at a certain level of price (example : 1.10150).
I didn't check how works what you talk about but I'm not sure it's about this.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I mean a button into the GUI which would let us to automatically set a BE level at a certain level of price (example : 1.10150).
I didn't check how works what you talk about but I'm not sure it's about this.
I still don't get how that button would work. You would press it manually when the price reaches 1.10150?
How is it better than entering the point value in the current Breakeven field?

Fokse

Dec 12, 2022
I still don't get how that button would work. You would press it manually when the price reaches 1.10150?
How is it better than entering the point value in the current Breakeven field?
Didn't really try this feature as I said so I don't really know if it could do the trick.
It's not a level in terms of pips, it's about points, right ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Didn't really try this feature as I said so I don't really know if it could do the trick.
It's not a level in terms of pips, it's about points, right ?
Yes, it is in points, not pips. So, if you want the breakeven to trigger at 1.10150 after opening a long trade at 1.10000, you have to set "150" in the field.

• 👍
Reactions: Fokse

Fokse

Dec 12, 2022
Yes, it is in points, not pips. So, if you want the breakeven to trigger at 1.10150 after opening a long trade at 1.10000, you have to set "150" in the field.
Is it possible to set this BE level at any moment even if the trade has already been started... ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is it possible to set this BE level at any moment even if the trade has already been started... ?
Yes, but the trade needs to have the matching Magic number - the same one that is set on the Position Sizer's Trading tab. But that's likely the case unless you changed that field for some reason.

Fokse

Dec 12, 2022
Yes, but the trade needs to have the matching Magic number - the same one that is set on the Position Sizer's Trading tab. But that's likely the case unless you changed that field for some reason.
The idea behind my need is to set this level but sometimes after the trade has been started. I just want to know that point :)
It's my personal break-even method which is working like that.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The idea behind my need is to set this level but sometimes after the trade has been started. I just want to know that point :)
It's my personal break-even method which is working like that.
Yes, you can do that. The Breakeven starts tracking the trade once you enter some non-zero value into that field.