cxskate

Trader
Aug 12, 2022
How about a checkbox in the scripts tab that says "Take Profit 1 removes risk". It would automatically change the percentage of the position split and update as your drug the lines. You could use a little extra math to account for the remaining risk being less after Take Profit 1 was achieved, and account for commissions.
This is how it would work in the trading system all my groups are using: https://s3.tradingview.com/snapshots/g/gFT3xvAR.png

Attachments

• 4 T 1.png
    4 T 1.png
    1 MB · Views: 9

Raster

Sep 2, 2022
Hello,
Can you help me understand what have I done wrong when installing the new PSC EA? I had the old version installed as an indicator and when I try to install the EA, I receive this message. I attached a few screenshots with some relevant information in my opinion. I reinstalled the old version but if necessary I will try to provide other info if necessary.
Thank You!

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 5

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,
Can you help me understand what have I done wrong when installing the new PSC EA? I had the old version installed as an indicator and when I try to install the EA, I receive this message. I attached a few screenshots with some relevant information in my opinion. I reinstalled the old version but if necessary I will try to provide other info if necessary.
Thank You!
I don't see any problem, but it looks like you tried to attach an instance of the PS EA to the chart where there was already one running.

Raster

Sep 2, 2022
I don't see any problem, but it looks like you tried to attach an instance of the PS EA to the chart where there was already one running.
Thank You very much for your reply!
I uninstalled the old version and reinstalled the new EA and I have the same problem. Please find below some pictures with the current situation. If you need some other information i will be happy to provide it.

Attachments

• PSC1.png
    PSC1.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PSC2.png
    PSC2.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 7

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank You very much for your reply!
I uninstalled the old version and reinstalled the new EA and I have the same problem. Please find below some pictures with the current situation. If you need some other information i will be happy to provide it.
I still don't see any problem here and you still continue attempting to attach the PS EA a second time (don't do it!). Why?

Installation and de-installation has nothing to do with it.

Raster

Sep 2, 2022
I still don't see any problem here and you still continue attempting to attach the PS EA a second time (don't do it!). Why?

Installation and de-installation has nothing to do with it.
I do not attempt to attache a second EA to the chart. I have only one attached and is this one installed now, but when a try to place an order using the key combination I receive this message. If there is a way to show you that please let me know how.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I do not attempt to attache a second EA to the chart. I have only one attached and is this one installed now, but when a try to place an order using the key combination I receive this message. If there is a way to show you that please let me know how.
You shouldn't set the key combination on the PS EA via MetaTrader. With PS EA, the trading key combination is assigned via its input parameters (TradeHotKey).

Eric0

Sep 5, 2022
Hello, when I save a template with MT4 Position Sizer on it (minimized or not, shows same behaviour), and then re-apply the template on a different chart, the EA still plots lines (SL, TP and Entry). Same for opening a MT4 profile with Position Sizer on it.
Even though I have set "ShowLines: show the lines by default?" to false. And the "Show Lines / Hide Lines" button is showing "Show Lines"
Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to not have the lines drawn on the chart when opening a template (or profile).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905_155425.png
    Screenshot_20220905_155425.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

LittleBB

Sep 17, 2021
Hello, when I save a template with MT4 Position Sizer on it (minimized or not, shows same behaviour), and then re-apply the template on a different chart, the EA still plots lines (SL, TP and Entry). Same for opening a MT4 profile with Position Sizer on it.
Even though I have set "ShowLines: show the lines by default?" to false. And the "Show Lines / Hide Lines" button is showing "Show Lines"
Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to not have the lines drawn on the chart when opening a template (or profile).
Try what was suggested here:

https://www.earnforex.com/forum/threads/position-sizer.47384/post-211892

Enivid posted a link that explains how to do it.

Saro90

Trader
Sep 1, 2022
Prova ciò che è descritto in questo post per l'installazione di macOS. Dovresti provare a compilare solo dopo aver copiato la cartella.
I managed to copy the Position Sizer folder, but now how do I compile the required files? How do I fill it out?

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Could you please attach the problematic template here? And the settings file with the input parameters separately?

Eric0

Sep 5, 2022
Could you please attach the problematic template here? And the settings file with the input parameters separately?
.tpl and .mq4 files are attached. I have modified the mql4 code for the Position Sizer (I changed Only! the input parameters) so I don't have to load a set file every time.
FYI. Applying this template to a chart shows the correct behavior; eg. no lines visible.
The problem is this:
1. I apply the saved template to a chart.
2. Then change to another profile.
3. Change back to the profile with the chart which has the position sizer EA attached.
Then I see the SL, TP and Entry lines drawn on the chart and the "Show Lines" button is shown on the panel.
Cheers, Eric

Attachments

• PosSiz.tpl
    58.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Position Sizer.mq4
    28.9 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
.tpl and .mq4 files are attached. I have modified the mql4 code for the Position Sizer (I changed Only! the input parameters) so I don't have to load a set file every time.
FYI. Applying this template to a chart shows the correct behavior; eg. no lines visible.
The problem is this:
1. I apply the saved template to a chart.
2. Then change to another profile.
3. Change back to the profile with the chart which has the position sizer EA attached.
Then I see the SL, TP and Entry lines drawn on the chart and the "Show Lines" button is shown on the panel.
Cheers, Eric
Looks like a bug with profiles. I will look into it. Thanks for reporting!

crocalbtc

Trader
Jan 21, 2020
Hi guys, I am following you for long time and I'm very happy that you turned PSC indicator into EA.
Since it can continuously work now as EA, would it be possible to add 2 new options for Trade/Time Management:
1. Close Pending Trades at Server Time:
2. Close Open Trades at Server Time:

Thanks a lot everyone and have a great day.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi guys, I am following you for long time and I'm very happy that you turned PSC indicator into EA.
Since it can continuously work now as EA, would it be possible to add 2 new options for Trade/Time Management:
1. Close Pending Trades at Server Time:
2. Close Open Trades at Server Time:

Thanks a lot everyone and have a great day.
That's better attained by using the Account Protector EA.