janot51

Trader
Dec 24, 2022
Hello. Is it possible to backtest Position Sizer in Metatrader ?

Last edited by a moderator:

janot51

Trader
Dec 24, 2022
Hey mate. This EA is not to take trade automatically for you. It's the tool to take trades with risk calculated.
!!!!!Merry Christmas to all fellows.!!!!!
Hi. Yes, I know, that's the tool I was looking for. In fact, my objective was to train myself with this tool on historical data. So, I will do it on realtime data with a demo account instead.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Results do not appear in the results box?

How do I solve this problem ?
I use MT5.

View attachment 23228
Is there any output in the Experts tab when this happens? Does this happen immediately when you attach the Position Sizer to a chart or do you do anything before this happens?

ragycpa

Dec 27, 2022
When I drag the SL or PT line after I am in a position to change the SL and PT, the order does not get updated on the "Trade" tab in MT5. basically I can drag the line up and down but does not update the existing trade. Is there a way I can fix that?

Additionally, is there instructions on how to setup hot keys for the position sizer in MT5?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When I drag the SL or PT line after I am in a position to change the SL and PT, the order does not get updated on the "Trade" tab in MT5. basically I can drag the line up and down but does not update the existing trade. Is there a way I can fix that?
It is not supposed to affect the existing trades. The Position Sizer's controls are for the next planned trade.
Additionally, is there instructions on how to setup hot keys for the position sizer in MT5?
You set it up using the SymbolChangeReset input parameter. For example, if you want to trade using Shift+L, combination you simply put "Shift+L" in the parameter's value.

cuchu

Trader
Dec 29, 2022
Discuss the Position Sizer expert advisor here. This EA lets you calculate optimal position size and execute trades based on these calculations. Based on Position Size Calculator, it allows some additional control over the trades it opens. You can ask any questions about this free MetaTrader tool here.
AWSOME TANKS

cuchu

Trader
Dec 29, 2022
Hi, thank you for the awesome tool.
Just tested it yesterday with 2 trades, and set a TP which even today was not reached,
Still, both trades were closed (TP?), but the TP was never reached!
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• P.png
    P.png
    274.6 KB · Views: 4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, thank you for the awesome tool.
Just tested it yesterday with 2 trades, and set a TP which even today was not reached,
Still, both trades were closed (TP?), but the TP was never reached!
Thanks in advance.
According to the trading history snapshot that you posted, the closing price is equal to SL for each trade.

yoovie

Trader
Feb 9, 2022
About this code on Position Sizer.mqh line 4391 (MT4 version) which is related to "PanelOnTopOfChart" setting:

MQL4:
ChartSetInteger(0, CHART_FOREGROUND, !PanelOnTopOfChart);

I think this solution is not good or not really necessary I think, as user can just do same thing by changing the "Chart on foregound" setting in chart property, and some users might not appreciate an EA modifying the chart property.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
About this code on Position Sizer.mqh line 4391 (MT4 version) which is related to "PanelOnTopOfChart" setting:

MQL4:
ChartSetInteger(0, CHART_FOREGROUND, !PanelOnTopOfChart);

I think this solution is not good or not really necessary I think, as user can just do same thing by changing the "Chart on foregound" setting in chart property, and some users might not appreciate an EA modifying the chart property.
Yes, you are probably right that it's best to live to the user to configure via the chart's settings.

• 👍
Reactions: yoovie

Salah47

Dec 27, 2022
Is there any output in the Experts tab when this happens? Does this happen immediately when you attach the Position Sizer to a chart or do you do anything before this happens?
This happens immediately when I attach the Position Sizer to a chart and press the "Take- profit" button.

cuchu

Trader
Dec 29, 2022
According to the trading history snapshot that you posted, the closing price is equal to SL for each trade.
That is what shows after the trade was closed, I think by the EA, neither my stop loss nor the TP were ever reached. And they were not the same for sure. As you can read, it says TP but looks at the chart pic. The trade was initiated through the position sizer, the trade before, on the same chart, got closed very fast, on a TP at the same value as later, but with a 0,24 gain
If that original TP would be hit, at 0.6742. the profit would be around 27 U$. I am not complaining, I trade with a prop account, maybe that screws up the EA. I will use it only for calculations and put the orders manually.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 2

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
That is what shows after the trade was closed, I think by the EA, neither my stop loss nor the TP were ever reached. And they were not the same for sure. As you can read, it says TP but looks at the chart pic. The trade was initiated through the position sizer, the trade before, on the same chart, got closed very fast, on a TP at the same value as later, but with a 0,24 gain
If that original TP would be hit, at 0.6742. the profit would be around 27 U$. I am not complaining, I trade with a prop account, maybe that screws up the EA. I will use it only for calculations and put the orders manually.
The stop-losses of your CADCHF trades were at 0.68550 and 0.68237 according to the trade history you've attached. They were not at 0.6893.

I have no idea why you are saying that the SL was never reached when the fact is it was.