Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When using the PSC in MT4 how do I take partials , and can I choose what % of my trade to take off?
With the Position Sizer EA, you can divide a trade into multiple trades with your chosen % allocation, each with its own TP. You can switch on multiple TPs via the EA's input parameters by changing TakeProfitsNumber to the number of trades you would like to divide into (by default, it is 1).

aalfath

Trader
Nov 7, 2022
I don't have an explanation for it, but I have finally diagnosed the problem. I always trade during the last hour of the day, an hour before the NY close. It's during that time period that the orders from the Position Sizer get rejected. If I place an order an hour earlier or later than that, everything works fine. Oddly, this didn't use to be the case, only in the last 4 months or so. It must be something with The5%ers broker settings that they recently changed. Never had an issue with it working on Eightcap.
Hi, just wondering if you have solved this problem. I also have this problem with 5ers.

dorianvgr

Nov 8, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have an error and I would need help to understand why.
Most of the time, when I click on the "Trade" button, it doesn't open the trade. When it doesn't work, I get one of these two messages.

Capture d’écran (36).pngCapture d’écran (37).png

I'm using position sizer ver. 3.02, 2022-08-12. And I have MetaTrader 5 build 3490.

Thank you .

Regards.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello everyone,

Most of the time, when I click on the "Trade" button, it doesn't open the trade. When it doesn't work, I get one of these two messages.

View attachment 23007View attachment 23008

I'm using position sizer ver. 3.02, 2022-08-12. And I have MetaTrader 5 build 3490.

Thank you .

Regards.
This error means that the price changed between forming the order and it reaching the trading server. One solution would be to increase the Max slippage value on the Trading tab. Another would be to untick the Ask for confirmation checkbox, so that the order went to the server immediately.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

dorianvgr

Nov 8, 2022
Hello everyone,

View attachment 23007View attachment 23008

Thank you .

Regards.
This error means that the price changed between forming the order and it reaching the trading server. One solution would be to increase the Max slippage value on the Trading tab. Another would be to untick the Ask for confirmation checkbox, so that the order went to the server immediately.
You are right thank you !

BuckyM

Trader
Nov 15, 2022
Hello. I have problem with setting up positions sizer. After watching yt video i saw that there was 2 different files. Position size caculators and the script. I have MT5 and after downloading there is only 1 file and scrip is missing? Is there a new update or i just cant find from where to download script file? I had one script file saved from previous pc but after trying to open trades its shows'' Pos size caculator not found''. I would appriciate some help

Attachments

• Ekrānuzņēmums 2022-11-15 160956.png
    Ekrānuzņēmums 2022-11-15 160956.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Ekrānuzņēmums 2022-11-15 161027.png
    Ekrānuzņēmums 2022-11-15 161027.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Ekrānuzņēmums 2022-11-15 162657.png
    Ekrānuzņēmums 2022-11-15 162657.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello. I have problem with setting up positions sizer. After watching yt video i saw that there was 2 different files. Position size caculators and the script. I have MT5 and after downloading there is only 1 file and scrip is missing? Is there a new update or i just cant find from where to download script file? I had one script file saved from previous pc but after trying to open trades its shows'' Pos size caculator not found''. I would appriciate some help
The video is for the old Position Size Calculator. The newer Position Sizer is an EA and doesn't require a script.

Martin911

Nov 18, 2022
Hello @Enivid . First of all thank you for taking such great care of this product and for helping so many on their trading. I've used the Position Size Calculator for some time already and it's great. I just found out about the EA and I'll try to switch immediately. My problem for the oast weeks is that I can't use the old psc to trade costum symbols, can't seem to have a fast enough way to do it. Could you help me with this?

I have the Seconds Timeframe Charts for MT5 and the seconds candlesticks are displayed on a different chart as a costum symbol chart. The old PSC indicator works like a charm there, but the Script doesn't. It doesn't work executing the orders because of the costum symbol. Is there any way I could try to modify the code somehow, so that the indicator is on the costum symbol and when executing the script it takes the values from the costum symbol indicator and executes them on the main chart? Similarly, I could try to move to the new Position Sizer EA if you think it can solve this matter easier. Basically applying the logic in the Costum Symbol Chart but executing the orders on a tradable chart.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Martin911

Nov 18, 2022
I also found this video on Youtube. I'll try to make it work using the things I learn here. I am a complete noob at programming so fingers crossed. Also waiting for your reply. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello @Enivid . First of all thank you for taking such great care of this product and for helping so many on their trading. I've used the Position Size Calculator for some time already and it's great. I just found out about the EA and I'll try to switch immediately. My problem for the oast weeks is that I can't use the old psc to trade costum symbols, can't seem to have a fast enough way to do it. Could you help me with this?

I have the Seconds Timeframe Charts for MT5 and the seconds candlesticks are displayed on a different chart as a costum symbol chart. The old PSC indicator works like a charm there, but the Script doesn't. It doesn't work executing the orders because of the costum symbol. Is there any way I could try to modify the code somehow, so that the indicator is on the costum symbol and when executing the script it takes the values from the costum symbol indicator and executes them on the main chart? Similarly, I could try to move to the new Position Sizer EA if you think it can solve this matter easier. Basically applying the logic in the Costum Symbol Chart but executing the orders on a tradable chart.
Thank you for reporting this! I will make sure the Position Sizer EA works fine with MT5 custom symbols in the next version.

• 🎉
Reactions: EnrichWave

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
Is there a way to configure PS so it uses a fixed lot size? But still sets SL and TP?

I can see I can config max lots, and I suppose I could do it by configuring like 10% risk per trade, but would rather just set fixed lot size somewhere

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there a way to configure PS so it uses a fixed lot size? But still sets SL and TP?

I can see I can config max lots, and I suppose I could do it by configuring like 10% risk per trade, but would rather just set fixed lot size somewhere
You can set the position size you want directly in the panel.