Deante gumbs

Trader
Aug 15, 2022
I see. The risk % you see in the left column (captioned Input) is the risk % that you enter - the one you want. The risk % in the right column (captioned Result) and in the SL line's additional label is the resulting risk - the percentage you'll lose if you open the calculated trade.

There is a difference between the Input risk and Result risk because the EA would calculate a higher position size given your risk and SL, but it would be above the maximum position size, which is 100 in your case. Since, it cannot increase the position size, when you move the SL closer to your entry, the Result risk goes down.

Most likely, the position size isn't calculating correctly here (not sure how much is 100 lots of NAS100 is at your broker). This is probably caused by incorrect info returned to the EA by the trading server due to its misconfiguration.
ahh ok understood. is there anyway to fix this because i was not having this issue before. i could have my sl at tight as i wanted and it just adjust the lot size

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
ahh ok understood. is there anyway to fix this because i was not having this issue before. i could have my sl at tight as i wanted and it just adjust the lot size
What risk do you actually get if you open a 100 lot trade with some stop-loss? Can you open an example trade and show how it looks in the Trade tab of your MetaTrader?

LittleBB

Sep 17, 2021
You can modify the settings in Mq4,5 files then compile. It'll be always stay.
Thank you Enrich, much appreciated! I can tinker around with that but usually prefer not to mess with those files. :)

Feature request: Please consider allowing a default.set file to be inside the directory that is auto loaded when starting PS on a NEW chart. It would basically do what the 'Load' button does without requiring that step.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you Enrich, much appreciated! I can tinker around with that but usually prefer not to mess with those files. :)

Feature request: Please consider allowing a default.set file to be inside the directory that is auto loaded when starting PS on a NEW chart. It would basically do what the 'Load' button does without requiring that step.
You can save a template file with your preferred settings as default.tpl and then every new chart will load with the PS set with your preferred input parameters.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

pepperb

Trader
Aug 8, 2022
It's still not working. Every once and a while it will let a trade through (and it works fine on Eightcap), but The5%ers tell me the problem is not on their end. I still get "unknown retcode 16" every time.

psc error.JPG

LittleBB

Sep 17, 2021
You can save a template file with your preferred settings as default.tpl and then every new chart will load with the PS set with your preferred input parameters.
Thank you Enivid.

I created the file as you mentioned (Save defaults to a .set file so I manually changed it to default.tpl) When PS starts it doesn't pull settings from the file. My definition of PS starting in this circumstance:

1. minimize existing chart
2. drag another product from the market watch list to the empty space
3. double click PS EA or drag it onto the new chart

I'm attaching the set and tpl files so you can see they are the same.

Attachments

• default.tpl
    4.3 KB · Views: 1
  • position sizer ea settings.set
    4.3 KB · Views: 2

kamthind

Trader
Jul 27, 2022

I experienced the same issue, but My Forex Funds (assuming TradersGlobalGroup is MFF) limits lot sizes to 100 lots. Don't think they will let you increase it.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It's still not working. Every once and a while it will let a trade through (and it works fine on Eightcap), but The5%ers tell me the problem is not on their end. I still get "unknown retcode 16" every time.

View attachment 22350
Retcode 16 is an invalid stops error. Considering the fact that the trades you tried to open don't have stops at all, I can only guess that your broker disallows opening trades without SL attached.

EDIT: Can you manually open a trade without SL?

pepperb

Trader
Aug 8, 2022
Retcode 16 is an invalid stops error. Considering the fact that the trades you tried to open don't have stops at all, I can only guess that your broker disallows opening trades without SL attached.

EDIT: Can you manually open a trade without SL?
When you say my trades don't have stops...what do you mean? I'm seeing stops on my end. The Position Sizer has them shown, both graphically on the chart and in the number field. And the photo I posted showed stop loss orders of 0.74208 and 0.74222.

I can (and have been) manually opening all these trades, just typing into the trading execution box on MT5 the same info that's shown in my Position Sizer, which always includes Stops.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When you say my trades don't have stops...what do you mean? I'm seeing stops on my end. The Position Sizer has them shown, both graphically on the chart and in the number field. And the photo I posted showed stop loss orders of 0.74208 and 0.74222.

I can (and have been) manually opening all these trades, just typing into the trading execution box on MT5 the same info that's shown in my Position Sizer, which always includes Stops.
When I say that the trades don't have stops, I mean that the Position Sizer detects the Market Execution mode, which means that it first sends a trade without a stop-loss, and only after it is executed, it will modify it by adding an SL.

So, can you manually open a market order without SL?

pepperb

Trader
Aug 8, 2022
When I say that the trades don't have stops, I mean that the Position Sizer detects the Market Execution mode, which means that it first sends a trade without a stop-loss, and only after it is executed, it will modify it by adding an SL.

So, can you manually open a market order without SL?
Huh...I've never tried. The5%ers require a stop loss, though they have stated that we have 5 minutes to add one. Did the old Position Size Calculator do the same thing? The weird situation I'm dealing with is that I had been using the PSC with The5%ers since Nov of last year with no problems. This "retcode 16" just popped up in the last 2 months, both on the PSC Indicator and the Position Sizer EA. Every once and a while I'll have a day that it works, but it always stops working the next day.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Huh...I've never tried. The5%ers require a stop loss, though they have stated that we have 5 minutes to add one. Did the old Position Size Calculator do the same thing? The weird situation I'm dealing with is that I had been using the PSC with The5%ers since Nov of last year with no problems. This "retcode 16" just popped up in the last 2 months, both on the PSC Indicator and the Position Sizer EA. Every once and a while I'll have a day that it works, but it always stops working the next day.
The fact that it is working one day and not working the other may be because the broker forbids trades without SL during specific time periods? Or around specific Forex news announcements?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you Enivid.

I created the file as you mentioned (Save defaults to a .set file so I manually changed it to default.tpl) When PS starts it doesn't pull settings from the file. My definition of PS starting in this circumstance:

1. minimize existing chart
2. drag another product from the market watch list to the empty space
3. double click PS EA or drag it onto the new chart

I'm attaching the set and tpl files so you can see they are the same.
No, I didn't mean renaming a .set file into a .tpl file. You should create a default.tpl file as a chart template.

• 👍
  • ℹ️
Reactions: EnrichWave and LittleBB

pepperb

Trader
Aug 8, 2022
The fact that it is working one day and not working the other may be because the broker forbids trades without SL during specific time periods? Or around specific Forex news announcements?
Do both the Position Sizer EA and the PSC Indicator send trades without a SL and then modify it? Or only the Position Sizer EA?

altak

Aug 18, 2022
Hello Is it possible to create a hot key in the position size indicator that can trade from instant to pending without the need to open the panel in the chart with a command keyboard key? Thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello Is it possible to create a hot key in the position size indicator that can trade from instant to pending without the need to open the panel in the chart with a command keyboard key? Thanks
Do you mean that you want a hotkey that switches between Instant and Pending entry type or a hotkey that actually opens either an instant or pending trade?

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Hi @Enivid in MT5 Enable, Disable Stop limit price will be more helpful. Because 99% of the time traders will use Market order or Pending order. If we have option to enable disable stop limit (buy or sell) that will be great one.

Regards

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
Do you mean that you want a hotkey that switches between Instant and Pending entry type or a hotkey that actually opens either an instant or pending trade?
I would find a hotkey very useful that switches between instant/pending (NOT open a trade).

At the moment I am using autohotkey to move the mouse over to the button coordinates, click it, then move back to original (pointer) position.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid