qzn25

Nov 28, 2023
Do you want the input parameters to have some preset values when you attach a new Position Sizer to a chart? You can use the Save/Load feature for that:
View attachment 26246
1) Sure, but by setting the position size to be loaded automatically when opening a graph, how do I load the configuration later?
2) Is there no way for it to load with a default configuration like "quick risk" already activated? without having to put load every time?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1) Sure, but by setting the position size to be loaded automatically when opening a graph, how do I load the configuration later?
2) Is there no way for it to load with a default configuration like "quick risk" already activated? without having to put load every time?
1) F7 or right-click Expert Advisors->Properties.
2) You can save the chart template with a pre-configured Position Sizer and then apply the chart template to a new chart.

qzn25

Nov 28, 2023
1) F7 or right-click Expert Advisors->Properties.
2) You can save the chart template with a pre-configured Position Sizer and then apply the chart template to a new chart.
really nice! works

One more.. Install the tool on mt4 and mt5. In mt5 it works perfectly, in mt4 when I open a limit for example in any pair WITHOUT the tool, it becomes perfect, but when using the tool it makes the typical metatrader error noise, like when the market is closed, etc.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
really nice! works

One more.. Install the tool on mt4 and mt5. In mt5 it works perfectly, in mt4 when I open a limit for example in any pair WITHOUT the tool, it becomes perfect, but when using the tool it makes the typical metatrader error noise, like when the market is closed, etc.
Check the output in the Experts tab of the Terminal subwindow when that happens - there should be some messages about the issues it encountered while executing the order.

Dyablox

Trader
Dec 1, 2023
Is there a way to snap the SL / TP and Entry levels to the OHLC of a candle? Couldn't find any info regarding this in the Position Sizer EA site.

A feature similar to Tradingview's Long/Short position tool.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there a way to snap the SL / TP and Entry levels to the OHLC of a candle? Couldn't find any info regarding this in the Position Sizer EA site.

A feature similar to Tradingview's Long/Short position tool.
No, there is no such a feature and I don't think I'll be implementing anything like that in the future.

Dyablox

Trader
Dec 1, 2023
No, there is no such a feature and I don't think I'll be implementing anything like that in the future.
Appreciate your reply Enivid. I wish this was considered, as it optimizes the trade entry process, contrary to having to manually input the price values for each field.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Appreciate your reply Enivid. I wish this was considered, as it optimizes the trade entry process, contrary to having to manually input the price values for each field.
Any such levels would be arbitrary. You also don't have to manually enter the values - you can drag the lines to where you want them.

benchy

Trader
Dec 5, 2023
Referring to the Position sizer...If you've set a buy or sell limit by pressing trade is there any way you can go back into it if you wanted to add a break even or add multiple take profit levels.... I thought it might have been related to the magic number as in type in the relevant magic number from the trade into the box in the position sizer to change things but it seems not???? any help would be appreciated

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Referring to the Position sizer...If you've set a buy or sell limit by pressing trade is there any way you can go back into it if you wanted to add a break even or add multiple take profit levels.... I thought it might have been related to the magic number as in type in the relevant magic number from the trade into the box in the position sizer to change things but it seems not???? any help would be appreciated
If you've already created the orders, you can only apply BE or trailing stop. You can no longer add multiple TPs. However, if you've created pending orders, you can simply delete them and open new ones with multiple TPs.

qzn25

Nov 28, 2023
Hello, is it possible to set a fixed balance by default or save it in some way? or a fixed risk but in USD, not in %?

I explain why I want it, maybe it's easier, I don't want to do compound interest with my funded since it increases my risk in % of the drawdown.

I would always like to have a fixed risk of 100usd for example, or 1% but on 100k, not on current assets

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello, is it possible to set a fixed balance by default or save it in some way? or a fixed risk but in USD, not in %?

I explain why I want it, maybe it's easier, I don't want to do compound interest with my funded since it increases my risk in % of the drawdown.

I would always like to have a fixed risk of 100usd for example, or 1% but on 100k, not on current assets
Yes, that's possible. You can set it on the panel or you can set it via the input parameters.

portnoy0

Dec 8, 2023
For macOS, installation is a bit complicated - you have to open each source file via MetaEditor and save it to its proposed location, then compile Position Sizer.mq5.

Hi Enivid. I have done everything you said above plus I removed the line. #property icon "EF-Icon-64x64px.ico" and when compile still have 100 errors and 2 warnings. Use Mt5 on macOS. When I installed it on Mt4 everything was fine, also on macOS.

Thank you in advance for your help.

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
@qzn25 open the IDE from MT5. from there, find the position sizer .mq5 file. this holds all your default settings. change them in the file as you would for default risk etc and recompile it and all the defaults on your PS will be pre set without having to load a .set file

for example, if you change the commission from '3' in pic below you can change your default commission from broker

And if you don't know how to compile or use IDE - PLEASE google it there are hundreds on youtube

1702036869018.png

• 👍
Reactions: qzn25