Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I tried it in Live and demo accounts sema issue, and the broker is "Saham-" (https://sahamholding.com/about-us).
That broker's trading server is misconfigured, at least for CADCHF. It reports zero unit cost both for profit and for loss. This is something the broker should fix on their end.

janot51

Trader
Dec 24, 2022
OK, thanks for the answer, I have to take care about that.
TPs can not be modified with Position Sizer EA when the trade is running. Right ? So, you modify the TPs of a trade "by hand" directly in MT5 ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
OK, thanks for the answer, I have to take care about that.
TPs can not be modified with Position Sizer EA when the trade is running. Right ? So, you modify the TPs of a trade "by hand" directly in MT5 ?
If the trade has already been executed, then yes, it should be modified directly in MT5.

Vargacento

Jan 3, 2023
View attachment 22204
I think now my issue is solved. EA is not working only Forex currecy pairs. The EA is working fine with all other instruments
I found that certain brokers require a prefix in front of the currency pair as they have tradable and untradable lists of currencies and only allow currencies with their specific prefix on the currency pair. This may be whats blocking your trading of the currency pairs.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

cuchu

Trader
Dec 29, 2022
Is there any way of disabling the Trailing Stop, or should I set it to 0, or maybe 2000?
I got 3 trades closed by the EA applying a 20 "point" Trailing stop.
Thanks in advance.

jh02

Jan 5, 2023
Can I use this EA on MT4 if I my account base currency is GBP and I am trading EURUSD? Will the lot size be calculated correctly based on pre-determined risk?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Can I use this EA on MT4 if I my account base currency is GBP and I am trading EURUSD? Will the lot size be calculated correctly based on pre-determined risk?
It should work fine unless the broker's server is misconfigured in some way, that's why it's best to test on a demo account first.

pepperb

Trader
Aug 8, 2022
When I open MT4, it loads up all the charts with the lines of the Position Sizer showing, even though the button says "Show Lines". Oddly it's only showing the lines, not the text info. If I click "show lines" then the text info (risk, pips, etc) show up. On my MT5, it only shows the TP line like this, and I just live with it. But how can I get it to load up each time NOT showing the lines?

Here's what it looks like when I first crank up MT4:

AUDJPY.iDaily.png
You can see that "show lines" isn't selected. If I do select that, then it looks like this:

AUDJPY.iDaily.png

I know someone asked this earlier in the thread, and was directed to a link, but that link no longer works.

Thanks!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When I open MT4, it loads up all the charts with the lines of the Position Sizer showing, even though the button says "Show Lines". Oddly it's only showing the lines, not the text info. If I click "show lines" then the text info (risk, pips, etc) show up. On my MT5, it only shows the TP line like this, and I just live with it. But how can I get it to load up each time NOT showing the lines?

Here's what it looks like when I first crank up MT4:

View attachment 23258
You can see that "show lines" isn't selected. If I do select that, then it looks like this:

View attachment 23259

I know someone asked this earlier in the thread, and was directed to a link, but that link no longer works.

Thanks!
It's a known bug. It should be fixed in the next version of the Position Sizer.

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
Thanks for all the hard work Enivid.

I have a small suggestion:
  • I use the breakeven functionality but I think it could be improved as slippage/fees could also be taken into account
  • I propose a 'Breakeven pip modifier' so you can add a +/- value (in points) when price is moved to breakeven to counteract any fees/slippage
  • So for example, you could have +10 as modifier value and this would have breakeven point at BE + 1 pip profit

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for all the hard work Enivid.

I have a small suggestion:
  • I use the breakeven functionality but I think it could be improved as slippage/fees could also be taken into account
  • I propose a 'Breakeven pip modifier' so you can add a +/- value (in points) when price is moved to breakeven to counteract any fees/slippage
  • So for example, you could have +10 as modifier value and this would have breakeven point at BE + 1 pip profit
Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't think I will be adding this to the Position Sizer. Please consider using the Account Protector for more advanced breakeven setting.

• 👍
Reactions: CARPARK

jh02

Jan 5, 2023
Hi, I placed a sell position and when SL hit, MT4 failed to execute and gave an error that said order failed [off quotes]. Why is this the case?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, I placed a sell position and when SL hit, MT4 failed to execute and gave an error that said order failed [off quotes]. Why is this the case?
I am not sure what actually happened. The error that you are citing is about a failure to open a trade, it wouldn't pop up when SL fails to execute. SL execution is controlled entirely by the broker's server and cannot be affected by either EA or the MT4 platform itself.