EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Is there a way to configure PS so it uses a fixed lot size? But still sets SL and TP?

I can see I can config max lots, and I suppose I could do it by configuring like 10% risk per trade, but would rather just set fixed lot size somewhere
I hope once @Enivid added this previously request feature in upcoming version., most of the important risk management will be done.
Dear @Enivid Plase consider having option for Allowed Maximum Positions per instrument,All,,
and Allowed Maximum Lot Size per instrumet,All..., and Allowed Maximum Risk % or USD per instrument,All...

• 👍
Reactions: CARPARK

JeffNLisa

Trader
Nov 24, 2022
I LOVE LOVE this tool, and THANK YOU for creating it! But along with it's wonderful functionality is a problem that does have me guessing all the time, and that is having to think about how many actual pips each level is going to be.

I'm always having to think about how many pips each part is, and it distracts me trying to do the math in my head. It would be so nice to just SEE the pips right there at a glance, and not have to think about it. Plus, in some cases would make it very easy to spot a typo if you've typed in the prices wrong!

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO ADD A BOX THAT COMPUTES AND SHOWS THE PIPS FROM THE NUMBERS ENTERED?

It would look like I have mocked up in this picture, and that would help me TREMENDOUSLY!!

I looked and did not see any such discussion, apologies if that's already been discussed! And if so, could I ask for links to any such discussion that has already taken place?

Position Sizer with my idea of showing it computing Pips.jpg

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I LOVE LOVE this tool, and THANK YOU for creating it! But along with it's wonderful functionality is a problem that does have me guessing all the time, and that is having to think about how many actual pips each level is going to be.

I'm always having to think about how many pips each part is, and it distracts me trying to do the math in my head. It would be so nice to just SEE the pips right there at a glance, and not have to think about it. Plus, in some cases would make it very easy to spot a typo if you've typed in the prices wrong!

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO ADD A BOX THAT COMPUTES AND SHOWS THE PIPS FROM THE NUMBERS ENTERED?

It would look like I have mocked up in this picture, and that would help me TREMENDOUSLY!!

I looked and did not see any such discussion, apologies if that's already been discussed! And if so, could I ask for links to any such discussion that has already taken place?

View attachment 23099
First, you can switch SLDistanceInPoints and TPDistanceInPoints input parameters to true and the fields will switch to points.
Second, you can see the distance in points as text labels near the respective lines on the chart.

JeffNLisa

Trader
Nov 24, 2022
First, you can switch SLDistanceInPoints and TPDistanceInPoints input parameters to true and the fields will switch to points.
That wouldn't work for me, because I'm entering the numbers from a signal provider, and I don't know the pips/points, only the numbers. The pips is what I would want to see if it showed. HOWEVER

Second, you can see the distance in points as text labels near the respective lines on the chart.
YES I SEE THAT NOW!! I don't know why I had never noticed that before! That is EXACTLY the info I need, I had just never noticed it was there already!!!

I do wish it moved the decimal point and showed PIPS, but that doesn't really require "brain power" at all . . . .

THANK YOU for pointing it out!

cxskate

Trader
Aug 12, 2022
Is automatically accounting for spread only possible in ATR mode? Feature request for next update to account for spreads ✅

tomn

Trader
Nov 27, 2022
Hi,

I really like the position sizer, but I'm confused about how I would accurately take long positions when they are based on the ask price of the symbol, and not the bid price like short positions.

Many Thanks.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I really like the position sizer, but I'm confused about how I would accurately take long positions when they are based on the ask price of the symbol, and not the bid price like short positions.
The Position Sizer will automatically switch from Bid to Ask when you switch to a Long position.

tomn

Trader
Nov 27, 2022
The Position Sizer will automatically switch from Bid to Ask when you switch to a Long position.
I'm confused as to how you trade based on the ask price when the bars on the chart are formed based on the bid price, sorry if this is meant to be a basic concept lol

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
I'm confused as to how you trade based on the ask price when the bars on the chart are formed based on the bid price, sorry if this is meant to be a basic concept lol
You just move the SL line up or down from the current price. It'll calculate buy or sell order accordingly.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes, charts are usually formed using the Bid price. Long trades are entered using the Ask price. What exactly gets you confused?

Nov 28, 2022
I am new to this tool, I have installed it on MT4 and using it on my Mac, the Auto trading is enabled but I am unable to take the trades using the tool, when I click on the trade button it shows the confirmation dialogue and when I press on yes and it gives me the sound of rejection from MT4 (the same sound we listen when we try to take the trade when the market is closed) is there a way to check why it's not taking the trade and if there is any log file section?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I am new to this tool, I have installed it on MT4 and using it on my Mac, the Auto trading is enabled but I am unable to take the trades using the tool, when I click on the trade button it shows the confirmation dialogue and when I press on yes and it gives me the sound of rejection from MT4 (the same sound we listen when we try to take the trade when the market is closed) is there a way to check why it's not taking the trade and if there is any log file section?
Check what it says in the Experts tab of the Terminal subwindow. Most likely, there is a requote issue due to the time passing between the price info forming and you clicking the confirmation button. You can try disabling order confirmation and see if that helps.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
@Enivid One suggestion. Kindly make the Trade button within the main tab.. So every time when we set the para meter there is no need to go trade tab to place the trade.

Regards