thebeck

May 30, 2023
Hi,
Newbee to the PS Trader... I just ran into a FIFO Violation when trying to put on a trade (2 trades, share 50%).
The message "Filling the order is against the FIFO requirements". I think this is a US restriction.
Is there parameter or option with the PS I can set to avoid or get around this restriction?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Newbee to the PS Trader... I just ran into a FIFO Violation when trying to put on a trade (2 trades, share 50%).
The message "Filling the order is against the FIFO requirements". I think this is a US restriction.
Is there parameter or option with the PS I can set to avoid or get around this restriction?
That depends on how the FIFO requirements are actually enforced at your broker.
Can you hold two simultaneous trades on the same pair? Can they have the same stop-loss? Can newer trade have TP closer than the older trade?

thebeck

May 30, 2023
That depends on how the FIFO requirements are actually enforced at your broker.
Can you hold two simultaneous trades on the same pair? Can they have the same stop-loss? Can newer trade have TP closer than the older trade?
The way I got around this before when putting on 2 trades at the same time (with a previous trade panel tool), was to have my stop loss differ by a pip or 2.
Is there a way I can automatically have my stop loss differ with the PS Tool when I split my trade (50% share)?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The way I got around this before when putting on 2 trades at the same time (with a previous trade panel tool), was to have my stop loss differ by a pip or 2.
Is there a way I can automatically have my stop loss differ with the PS Tool when I split my trade (50% share)?
Currently, there is no way to do it automatically. Is it the issue that preventing the order from opening - that the stop-loss should differ?
You could try cutting your risk in half and opening the trades separately with a slightly different SL.
I will think about implementing some way to avoid that FIFO restriction in the future version of the PS EA.

thebeck

May 30, 2023
Currently, there is no way to do it automatically. Is it the issue that preventing the order from opening - that the stop-loss should differ?
You could try cutting your risk in half and opening the trades separately with a slightly different SL.
I will think about implementing some way to avoid that FIFO restriction in the future version of the PS EA.
Thanks Enivid. Having that option would be helpful for those in the US where brokers have this restriction.
In the meantime, I'll look to execute 2 trades. (Note, my strategy allow for me to split my trade in half or in thirds to allow all TP targets for first one (or two) and let the last one go with a trailing stop. Also, the option to have default risk percents and 2 other % 's easily selectable allows me to easily execute my strategy.) Thanks much.

Last edited:

thebeck

May 30, 2023
Thanks Enivid. Having that option would be helpful for those in the US where brokers have this restriction.
In the meantime, I'll look to execute 2 trades. (Note, my strategy allow for me to split my trade in half or in thirds to allow all TP targets for first one (or two) and let the last one go with a trailing stop. Also, the option to have default risk percents and 2 other % 's easily selectable allows me to easily execute my strategy.) Thanks much.
Hi Enivid,

I think I may have found a way to make split trades with the PS. I just made the Share % 51 and 49, instead of 50, 50.
This seems to work... the lot size for the split trades are different, so that is a good sign. Will let you know if I find out differently.

My next challenge is to now get the trailing stop to trail for 2nd split trade after the 1st one hit the TP.
Thanks again.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid,

I think I may have found a way to make split trades with the PS. I just made the Share % 51 and 49, instead of 50, 50.
This seems to work... the lot size for the split trades are different, so that is a good sign. Will let you know if I find out differently.

My next challenge is to now get the trailing stop to trail for 2nd split trade after the 1st one hit the TP.
Thanks again.
I'm glad you found a way! Which broker are you using?

wmurel

Trader
Jun 1, 2023
Hi everyone.

Has Someone problems using Metaquotes Language Editor in metatrader 5 in mac m1 in order to compile the code?

Thanks in advance

boredtrading

Trader
Jun 2, 2023
hi everybody, maybe someone can help? im using position sizer on mt4 accounts and i love it
now ive installed it in a mt5 account (i dont know if this is the reason) , everything looks correct but trades dont work out, can u help me?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hi everybody, maybe someone can help? im using position sizer on mt4 accounts and i love it
now ive installed it in a mt5 account (i dont know if this is the reason) , everything looks correct but trades dont work out, can u help me?
What exactly do you mean when you say that "trades don't work out"? Is there any output in the Experts tab of the Toolbox subwindow when you try to execute a trade?

boredtrading

Trader
Jun 2, 2023
What exactly do you mean when you say that "trades don't work out"? Is there any output in the Experts tab of the Toolbox subwindow when you try to execute a trade?
thank u for the reply. I mean trades dont get executed. it makes that "not executed" sound

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-02 154013.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-02 154013.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 3

boredtrading

Trader
Jun 2, 2023
Then, I will repeat my question - what does it say in the Experts tab of the Toolbox subwindow when you try to execute a trade?
i didnt reply because i dont understand what u mean.. :( where do u mean?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-02 202802.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-02 202802.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 4