Mehta-Trayda

Trader
Apr 13, 2021
If you try to set the Risk again (either % or $) after this, does it start to recalculate the Position Size again?
Could it be so that you modified the Position Size manually at some point? If you do that, it fixes the Position Size at that value until you modify one of the Risk fields.
I couldn't reproduce this issue.
Ah, I believe I pressed the enter key while inside the position size box.

Einlight

May 27, 2023
Hi @Enivid, thanks for this wonderful tools, i have a little question if we let the magic number empty or 0 , does it support to manage manual trade through other platform? say if we entry through our MT5 mobile apps and the desktop with this ea /vps is open with magic number 0 , is it doable?

Regards,
Einlight

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi @Enivid, thanks for this wonderful tools, i have a little question if we let the magic number empty or 0 , does it support to manage manual trade through other platform? say if we entry through our MT5 mobile apps and the desktop with this ea /vps is open with magic number 0 , is it doable?
Do you mean to ask if the PS will be able to set trailing stop or breakeven for trades that open manually? Yes, if you set the Magic number to zero.

• 👍
Reactions: Einlight

Einlight

May 27, 2023
Do you mean to ask if the PS will be able to set trailing stop or breakeven for trades that open manually? Yes, if you set the Magic number to zero.

Hi @Enivid , Appreciated for the confirmation, yes including trail /breakeven / partial take profit, so it means all features will work as usual if the magic number zero , since this support as trade management, can i suggest additional OCO setting for MT5? as MT5 is more advanced

Thanks a bunch and Regards,
Einlight

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi @Enivid , Appreciated for the confirmation, yes including trail /breakeven / partial take profit, so it means all features will work as usual if the magic number zero , since this support as trade management, can i suggest additional OCO setting for MT5? as MT5 is more advanced
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I'll be implementing OCO in the Position Sizer EA.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Hi Enivid, One little bug.
If we set ShowAdditionalSLLabel = true and DefaultSL = 10 points, SymbolChange = Keep panel as is.. when we change the symbol between AUDJPY, GBPJPY the SL Line ShowAditional $, % not working properly.
Enivid. This happens to ShowAditionalTPLable = true too...

Hubex

Trader
May 27, 2023
Position Sizer 3.03

I use this wonderful EA with a lot of parameters which are perfect for trader's daily work. But when I put in more than one TP (with Magicno.) the EA did not work in this way but close the position in one way. Do I make a mistake or there is a bug in the system? I thank you very much for your advice.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Position Sizer 3.03

I use this wonderful EA with a lot of parameters which are perfect for trader's daily work. But when I put in more than one TP (with Magicno.) the EA did not work in this way but close the position in one way. Do I make a mistake or there is a bug in the system? I thank you very much for your advice.
I'm not sure what Magicno is, but when you add more than one TP with the Position Sizer, it opens more than one position when you execute the trade with it. Each position then has its own TP and is closed at that level.

Hubex

Trader
May 27, 2023
Magic Number is for identifying the order, I read somewhere that is duty. As you see on my two pictures the order was done with a middle quotation and the middle TP. Can you see what I have to change?

Attachments

• usdchf_buy_TP3_Main   MetaTrader 5 - ActivTrades.png
    usdchf_buy_TP3_Main MetaTrader 5 - ActivTrades.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 7
  • usdchf_buy_TP3_Trading   MetaTrader 5 - ActivTrades.png
    usdchf_buy_TP3_Trading MetaTrader 5 - ActivTrades.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 7

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Magic Number is for identifying the order, I read somewhere that is duty. As you see on my two pictures the order was done with a middle quotation and the middle TP. Can you see what I have to change?
You have a netting account - you cannot open multiple positions on the same currency pair.

thebeck

May 30, 2023
Ok, I'm a new member and just started playing with the Position Sizer.
I have viewed the videos and like the options and flexibility this Trade Panel provides.

I'm running into a volume issue. If this question needs to be posed somewhere else, please point the direction.

I'm getting "Invalid Volume"... I'm trading based on he ATR, and have set my risk to 0.25%, which turns out to be $24.40 of my $9,761.01 balance.
So I'm not able to execute a successful trade per this... appreciate any suggestions on areas I need to review/correct?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have viewed the videos and like the options and flexibility this Trade Panel provides.

I'm running into a volume issue. If this question needs to be posed somewhere else, please point the direction.

I'm getting "Invalid Volume"... I'm trading based on he ATR, and have set my risk to 0.25%, which turns out to be $24.40 of my $9,761.01 balance.
So I'm not able to execute a successful trade per this... appreciate any suggestions on areas I need to review/correct?
$24.40 is your risk. What is your output volume (position size)?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
My Position Size is - 0.114... see attached
It looks like you've set the CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize input parameter to true. Almost no MT5 broker will allow you to execute trades with volume that contains more than two decimal places. You should enter a trade using 0.11 instead.

Hubex

Trader
May 27, 2023

The problem isn't this EA but your broker: For any item of your trading there is a minimum volume set from your broker. You can proof it for example in MT5-Marketview-Symbol-Specification-minimum volume???.

Your are trading with low risk than the volume can go under minimum volume.

thebeck

May 30, 2023
It looks like you've set the CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize input parameter to true. Almost no MT5 broker will allow you to execute trades with volume that contains more than two decimal places. You should enter a trade using 0.11 instead.
Enivid,

I set the CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize to false and now I'm able to execute a trade.
This is a great trading panel... I really like to the options/power behind this EA.
I know there is more for me to learn about this EA. Thank you for your help on this. Cheers!!!
Post automatically merged:

The problem isn't this EA but your broker: For any item of your trading there is a minimum volume set from your broker. You can proof it for example in MT5-Marketview-Symbol-Specification-minimum volume???.

Your are trading with low risk than the volume can go under minimum volume.
Hi Hubex,

Was not faulting the EA... this seems like a great EA. Being a newbee to this tool I was guessing it was pilot error.
Thanks for your response/help on this. I'm able execute trades now.

milkybar

May 31, 2023
Hi, I've been using the old position size calculator for a long time and have just changed to the new Position Sizer EA. I can't for the life of me get the trade hotkey to execute a trade. I'm using MT4, all auto-trading/one-click trading etc is switched on, Trade button on the Trading tab works fine, the other hotkeys in the Inputs work fine. 'Ask for confirmation' is set to false. At first I had changed the hotkey to Ctrl+Z (as I used Alt+Z on the old script and as Alt is not supported this was as close as I could get), but then realised Ctrl+Z is a default hotkey in MT4 and undoes the previous action (I was at first baffled why my previously deleted Fib lines kept reappearing - so, would be good if Alt could be supported as there are much fewer MT4 default hotkeys using Alt). So I then just changed it to Z, then tried T which is the original default, but just cannot get it to work. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, I've been using the old position size calculator for a long time and have just changed to the new Position Sizer EA. I can't for the life of me get the trade hotkey to execute a trade. I'm using MT4, all auto-trading/one-click trading etc is switched on, Trade button on the Trading tab works fine, the other hotkeys in the Inputs work fine. 'Ask for confirmation' is set to false. At first I had changed the hotkey to Ctrl+Z (as I used Alt+Z on the old script and as Alt is not supported this was as close as I could get), but then realised Ctrl+Z is a default hotkey in MT4 and undoes the previous action (I was at first baffled why my previously deleted Fib lines kept reappearing - so, would be good if Alt could be supported as there are much fewer MT4 default hotkeys using Alt). So I then just changed it to Z, then tried T which is the original default, but just cannot get it to work. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thank you!
First, there is a bug in MT4 that makes it so that if you are using either Shift+ or Ctrl+ combination and then the order confirmation window appears, the hotkey will only work the first time. The solution here is to either avoid using Shift+ and Ctrl+ in the hotkeys or untick the confirmation checkbox.

Second, plain hotkeys, such as T or Z should work without problem every time. It's been thoroughly backtested and I haven't encountered a single case when it doesn't work. There could be two possibilities here: a) the chart isn't in the focus when you press the hotkey (it should be in the focus); b) the hotkey works, but the order cannot be executed due to some reason (see the Experts tab of the Terminal subwindow for the reason).

PS: It's impossible to use the Alt key for keyboard shortcuts in EAs because the Alt key triggers the MetaTrader's menu.

milkybar

May 31, 2023
First, there is a bug in MT4 that makes it so that if you are using either Shift+ or Ctrl+ combination and then the order confirmation window appears, the hotkey will only work the first time. The solution here is to either avoid using Shift+ and Ctrl+ in the hotkeys or untick the confirmation checkbox.

Second, plain hotkeys, such as T or Z should work without problem every time. It's been thoroughly backtested and I haven't encountered a single case when it doesn't work. There could be two possibilities here: a) the chart isn't in the focus when you press the hotkey (it should be in the focus); b) the hotkey works, but the order cannot be executed due to some reason (see the Experts tab of the Terminal subwindow for the reason).

PS: It's impossible to use the Alt key for keyboard shortcuts in EAs because the Alt key triggers the MetaTrader's menu.
Thanks for your reply. I have literally just managed to sort it by restarting MT4, should have been the first thing I tried. I'm now back to using Shift+Z and it's worked multiple times. I knew about the bug so made sure the confirm option was switched off from the beginning. I'm not sure what the problem was as the other hotkeys were ok, the chart was in focus and nothing in the Experts tab. Noted re the Alt key. Thanks again.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid