csteiner27

Trader
Dec 7, 2022
I changed a bunch of input parameters and SAVED. How do I make that default instead of having to LOAD the file each time?
Post automatically merged:

I made changes to the Input parameters and did a SAVE. How do I make that the default instead of having to do a LOAD of the settings each time I add it to chart?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I changed a bunch of input parameters and SAVED. How do I make that default instead of having to LOAD the file each time?

I made changes to the Input parameters and did a SAVE. How do I make that the default instead of having to do a LOAD of the settings each time I add it to chart?
You would need to modify the default values in the EA's source code and re-compile it.
Alternatively, you can try creating a chart template with the Position Sizer added with your preferred parameters.

QSI

Sep 14, 2022
Discuss the Position Sizer expert advisor here. This EA lets you calculate optimal position size and execute trades based on these calculations. Based on Position Size Calculator, it allows some additional control over the trades it opens. You can ask any questions about this free MetaTrader tool here.

Position sizer doesn't seem to work with Eightcap and MetaQuotes. Is there a reason for this?

QSI

Sep 14, 2022
How exactly doesn't it work? Most likely, Autotrading is disabled, but seeing the Experts tab output and knowing what you mean by "doesn't seem to work" would really help here.
Ok. I'm beginning to think it is only Eightcap-Demo or The Funded Trader that is using them as their broker?

Screnshot of Journal, Expert tab will help to understand about the real issue.

Attachments

• Position_Sizer_Experts.png
    Position_Sizer_Experts.png
    158 KB · Views: 6
  • Position_Sizer_Journal.png
    Position_Sizer_Journal.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Position_Sizer_Experts.png
    Position_Sizer_Experts.png
    158 KB · Views: 5
  • Position_Sizer_Journal.png
    Position_Sizer_Journal.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Ok. I'm beginning to think it is only Eightcap-Demo or The Funded Trader that is using them as their broker?
The "AutoTrading disabled by server" error is just what it says. It can mean one of three cases:
1. Autotrading disabled entirely for your account.
2. Autotrading disabled specifically for the symbol you are trying to trade.
3. Autotrading was disabled at that particular time. For example, due to it being near some news release.
Your broker will be able to tell you more about the actual case.

Also, I remind you that you can still use the Position Sizer for calculation and then open the trade manually.

yoovie

Trader
Feb 9, 2022
1) There is a bug in "Position Sizer.mqh" line 3043:

Code:
sets.DoNotApplyTakeProfit = m_ChkDoNotApplyStopLoss.Checked();

The m_ChkDoNotApplyStopLoss should be m_ChkDoNotApplyTakeProfit instead.

2) Another issue is the Copy Text shortcut key (Ctrl+C) doesn't work for the textfield on main dialog in Position Sizer MT4 version if Data Window is visible. The Ctrl+C shortcut key will copy the value from Data Window instead. If I hide the Data Window, the Ctrl+C will work correctly for the textfield, so looks like there is shortcut key conflict here between the EA and MT4.

3) About the "TakeProfitsNumber" feature, could you make this tweakable in main dialog instead? Sometimes in the middle of trading, I would switch from opening 2 trades to 1 trade only (and vice versa) depending on the situation, to do this I have to open EA settings dialog and modify the TakeProfitsNumber value which is cumbersome. So it's better if the setting exists in main dialog instead.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1) There is a bug in "Position Sizer.mqh" line 3043:

Code:
sets.DoNotApplyTakeProfit = m_ChkDoNotApplyStopLoss.Checked();

The m_ChkDoNotApplyStopLoss should be m_ChkDoNotApplyTakeProfit instead.
Thank you for reporting! It will be fixed in the next version.
2) Another issue is the Copy Text shortcut key (Ctrl+C) doesn't work for the textfield on main dialog in Position Sizer MT4 version if Data Window is visible. The Ctrl+C shortcut key will copy the value from Data Window instead. If I hide the Data Window, the Ctrl+C will work correctly for the textfield, so looks like there is shortcut key conflict here between the EA and MT4.
This is interesting... I will see if it can be fixed or if there is some underlying MT4 issue.
3) About the "TakeProfitsNumber" feature, could you make this tweakable in main dialog instead? Sometimes in the middle of trading, I would switch from opening 2 trades to 1 trade only (and vice versa) depending on the situation, to do this I have to open EA settings dialog and modify the TakeProfitsNumber value which is cumbersome. So it's better if the setting exists in main dialog instead.
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, there are too many things that would be handy to have in the Main tab, which is already overloaded in my opinion. I will see if it can be done in some unintrusive way.

• 👍
Reactions: yoovie

Fokse

Dec 12, 2022
Hello,
I just downloaded Position Sizer because I had the old version 2.X.X. I noticed there was a new version so I will try it. I was wandering to myself it has the same features as Trade Assistant or this kind of softwares...
I read we need to compile a file in the installation step on your website but it seems to work without doing anything on Windows 10, do you confirm ?
I just dragged and dropped the entire folder to my MT4 folder and double clicked on the MT4 icon to start the assistant.

Thanks,

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I just downloaded Position Sizer because I had the old version 2.X.X. I noticed there was a new version so I will try it. I was wandering to myself it has the same features as Trade Assistant or this kind of softwares...
I read we need to compile a file in the installation step on your website but it seems to work without doing anything on Windows 10, do you confirm ?
I just dragged and dropped the entire folder to my MT4 folder and double clicked on the MT4 icon to start the assistant.
If you started/restarted your MT4 after having copied the folder to your MQL4\Experts\, then it should have compiled automatically.

• 👍
Reactions: Fokse

lawrenzo

Dec 12, 2022
I have followed a few videos on this and when i get to this point it will not add to my chart?

Attachments

• 3936C59E-BCD2-4DFB-86A4-1046CB7B8827.jpeg
    3936C59E-BCD2-4DFB-86A4-1046CB7B8827.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 2

vinay612

Jun 15, 2022
Hi there,

I currently use PSC 2.42 with a Keyboard shortcut configured on PSC Script.

But I could not see the Script files in the latest Position Sizer 3.0.

Having a keyboard shortcut's been so convenient to execute trades. Is there any way to configure 3.0 with a shortcut for trade execution with a Script?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I currently use PSC 2.42 with a Keyboard shortcut configured on PSC Script.

But I could not see the Script files in the latest Position Sizer 3.0.

Having a keyboard shortcut's been so convenient to execute trades. Is there any way to configure 3.0 with a shortcut for trade execution with a Script?
The Position Sizer EA doesn't use the PSC-Trader script, but you can set a keyboard shortcut via its input parameters.

Crypto Beaver

Dec 16, 2022
Hi, congrats on the EA, it's really great. I have a few comments, hope you won't mind.

Bugs:
  • There are issues while entering some data, either in the main tab, or the trade tab, mainly for TP data. But it's random. If you have 3-5 TP for example, you can change the price for the first one or 2, then when changing the 3rd, removing or entering a new one, it reverses to the old one. Same for TP shares on trade. You have to retry several times, random again, 3-5-10-15 times, then it works. Odd.
  • Data Entry is pretty slow to react, don't know if there's a way to improve that. And together with the previous point, when we try to scalp quickly, might be annoying
  • If we have for example 5 TP, 20% split each, and reduce to 3 TP in the settings, coming back in the EA, there are now 3 TPs with 20% each (might not be a bug, could be expected) but it's not highlighted in red and when placing the trade like this, one of them is made 60% (a little bit surprising the first time we see thigs)

Ideas for improvements:
  • Auto Fixed SL: It would be great to be able to set the automatic positioning of a fix SL. Let me explain. If we use quick trading or copy trading, it would be great to be able to have the EA set a fix SL given a certain number of points. This is already working for trailing SL, but if we haven't set a SL in the main tab, then this feature could apply automatically a SL at -20 pips for example (obviously configurable)
    - BE offset: Trades often come back in loss due to the BE due to market fluctuation/execution. Would be nice to have a settable offset allowing us to secure a minimum profit
  • Conditional SL: Trigger SL(s) conditionally. Could even set multiple SL at several thresholds, as we do for TPs. Also, and more important to me, have the trailing SL start being applied from a certain level. For example, I'd like it to be applied at -20 pips, but not before I'm in profit, and before that I want to stick to a fix SL (setting trailing to 20+SL would allow it not to trigger before profit, but then after the delta is too wide)
  • TP Number setting: It would be great to move the setting to modify the numbers of TPs in the EA itself rather than its settings. Depending on our trade that would ease the flexibility
  • Share split auto populate: As you have for spreading the price across TPs would be nice to have a button to auto-populate the Share %. Could have several options/behaviors: populate just empty boxes, repopulate all; spread evenly, spread exponentially

If you've read down to this line, thanks for having read!! :'D Hope it wasn't too unclear, let me know if you have questions or if I can help in any way.

Cheers

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
  • There are issues while entering some data, either in the main tab, or the trade tab, mainly for TP data. But it's random. If you have 3-5 TP for example, you can change the price for the first one or 2, then when changing the 3rd, removing or entering a new one, it reverses to the old one. Same for TP shares on trade. You have to retry several times, random again, 3-5-10-15 times, then it works. Odd.
  • Data Entry is pretty slow to react, don't know if there's a way to improve that. And together with the previous point, when we try to scalp quickly, might be annoying
  • If we have for example 5 TP, 20% split each, and reduce to 3 TP in the settings, coming back in the EA, there are now 3 TPs with 20% each (might not be a bug, could be expected) but it's not highlighted in red and when placing the trade like this, one of them is made 60% (a little bit surprising the first time we see thigs)
Thanks for reporting! I will look into these issues.

Auto Fixed SL: It would be great to be able to set the automatic positioning of a fix SL. Let me explain. If we use quick trading or copy trading, it would be great to be able to have the EA set a fix SL given a certain number of points. This is already working for trailing SL, but if we haven't set a SL in the main tab, then this feature could apply automatically a SL at -20 pips for example (obviously configurable)
Not sure what you mean by this. You can already set a fixed stop-loss via an input parameter, and it will be used as a default stop-loss. If you mean that the Position Sizer should be setting some SL to other trades (not opened by the PS), I don't think it's a good idea.

Conditional SL: Trigger SL(s) conditionally. Could even set multiple SL at several thresholds, as we do for TPs. Also, and more important to me, have the trailing SL start being applied from a certain level. For example, I'd like it to be applied at -20 pips, but not before I'm in profit, and before that I want to stick to a fix SL (setting trailing to 20+SL would allow it not to trigger before profit, but then after the delta is too wide)
This is also something that I think is best done by specialized EAs rather than trying to insert all this stuff into the Position Sizer.
TP Number setting: It would be great to move the setting to modify the numbers of TPs in the EA itself rather than its settings. Depending on our trade that would ease the flexibility
Yes, that would probably be a good idea, but I'm not yet sure that it would be a viable option to implement.

Share split auto populate: As you have for spreading the price across TPs would be nice to have a button to auto-populate the Share %. Could have several options/behaviors: populate just empty boxes, repopulate all; spread evenly, spread exponentially
Thanks for suggesting! I will see if I can add it in the next version.

cxskate

Trader
Aug 12, 2022
This is how I've been using it.. I have Metatrader on half my screen so any slimmer PSC would be better. I'm using part of this other EA as well to take partial profits and move my stop loss to break even (+ pips accounting for spread).

psc.png

cxskate

Trader
Aug 12, 2022
Still wish it could calculate a partial take profit percentage as I drug my TP1 line. Would like the percentage to change so I always took out the same amount of money on TP1.