Aug 2, 2022
Discuss the Position Sizer expert advisor here. This EA lets you calculate optimal position size and execute trades based on these calculations. Based on Position Size Calculator, it allows some additional control over the trades it opens. You can ask any questions about this free MetaTrader tool here.
Discuss the Position Sizer expert advisor here. This EA lets you calculate optimal position size and execute trades based on these calculations. Based on Position Size Calculator, it allows some additional control over the trades it opens. You can ask any questions about this free MetaTrader tool here.

Hi,
I'm having a problem with this new ver 3.0 & 3.1, when ever i try to activate the trade by double clicking or with hot key, I see an alert massage (Position Size Calculator not found!). there was no such problem with pervious ver.
I'm using position sizer with MT4 on Macbook, MacOS Monterey. with last ver we have to copy past Position Sizer folder in indicators and with this ver 3.1 we have to copy past Position Sizer folder in Expert Advisors ! Right ? I follow all the steps but but not working with this version. Thank you

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Hi,
I'm having a problem with this new ver 3.0 & 3.1, when ever i try to activate the trade by double clicking or with hot key, I see an alert massage (Position Size Calculator not found!). there was no such problem with pervious ver.
I'm using position sizer with MT4 on Macbook, MacOS Monterey. with last ver we have to copy past Position Sizer folder in indicators and with this ver 3.1 we have to copy past Position Sizer folder in Expert Advisors ! Right ? I follow all the steps but but not working with this version. Thank you
Hi, I think yours got confused with EA+Indicator+Script.
Remove short cut key for the script.. Then set the shortcut key into the EA

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,
The EA (Position Sizer) no longer needs the script. You can execute trades with it either via the Trading tab or using a hotkey set via its input parameters.

• 👍
Reactions: Khurram Shahzad

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
Amazing as always Enivid! Thanks for all the hard work you put into these utilities for us!

I have one issue though: I was scalping earlier today and noticed that after the order is submitted, the SL is then added as a separate request. As my orders are split into 2, it first adds the order, before then making a separate request to add SL and TP, and then moves onto the 2nd part of the (split) trade.

This might not be too bad for those not scalping but in a fast moving market this morning it meant that there was a gap of 0.8 seconds between the split trades, which looked like this:
chart.png

Here's the journal:
2022-08-03 13_21_10-Clipboard.png

I appreciate that I did the above with PSC (indicator) but have been testing PS (EA) and it works in the same way (adding TP/SL after order has been accepted by broker), and am a little worried I will have the same problem.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? I appreciate a better ping time would probably help (at the time, ping was about 100ms to broker)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Amazing as always Enivid! Thanks for all the hard work you put into these utilities for us!

I have one issue though: I was scalping earlier today and noticed that after the order is submitted, the SL is then added as a separate request. As my orders are split into 2, it first adds the order, before then making a separate request to add SL and TP, and then moves onto the 2nd part of the (split) trade.

This might not be too bad for those not scalping but in a fast moving market this morning it meant that there was a gap of 0.8 seconds between the split trades, which looked like this:
View attachment 22245

Here's the journal:
View attachment 22246

I appreciate that I did the above with PSC (indicator) but have been testing PS (EA) and it works in the same way (adding TP/SL after order has been accepted by broker), and am a little worried I will have the same problem.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? I appreciate a better ping time would probably help (at the time, ping was about 100ms to broker)
It is adding SL/TP as separate position modifications because your broker Market Execution (instead of Instant Execution), so trades should first be opened without SL/TP. I may consider changing it so it first opens all trades and then modifies them all, but I am not sure it would be a better way of handling this.

• 👍
Reactions: CARPARK

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
OK great I didn't know about the market/instant execution thing.

One other issue: the 'auto suffix' and commentary feature doesn't individually assign anything different into comments. For example: a 2-part trade (v3.01) with 'PSC' set as commentary with auto suffix enabled. I was expecting maybe '-1', '-2' or something to differentiate between them:
2022-08-03 14_19_20-Clipboard.png

And in the panel I have it set as this:
2022-08-03 14_22_29-Clipboard.png

So I was expecting comments on the orders to be something like:
'PSC-1'
'PSC-2'...etc

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
OK great I didn't know about the market/instant execution thing.

One other issue: the 'auto suffix' and commentary feature doesn't individually assign anything different into comments. For example: a 2-part trade (v3.01) with 'PSC' set as commentary with auto suffix enabled. I was expecting maybe '-1', '-2' or something to differentiate between them:
View attachment 22247

And in the panel I have it set as this:
View attachment 22248

So I was expecting comments on the orders to be something like:
'PSC-1'
'PSC-2'...etc
Yeah, thank you! There is a bug in the MT5 version of the Position Sizer. It will be fixed in the next release.

• 👍
Reactions: CARPARK
Aug 2, 2022
Thank you so much for your quick answer and help. its working now with your help
Post automatically merged:

Thank you so much for your quick answer and help. its working now with your help

The EA (Position Sizer) no longer needs the script. You can execute trades with it either via the Trading tab or using a hotkey set via its input parameters.

abcd

Trader
Aug 4, 2022
I installed the expert advisor but when I add it to a chart, nothing happens. Why?

Last edited:

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
i add tool to chart nothing happen
how can i fix that
What do you mean nothing happen. It won't automatically place trades for you. You have to make decision whether you want place orders or not. It is great tool to manage the position size.

abcd

Trader
Aug 4, 2022
What do you mean nothing happen. It won't automatically place trades for you. You have to make decision whether you want place orders or not. It is great tool to manage the position size.
sorry for my bad english
i just edit my question

Jacobblane

Trader
Aug 7, 2022
Hello does it automatically adjust the type of account im using? I am using a micro account which means 1 lot in MT5 is equivalent to 1000 unit. Does it detect that I am using a micro account? or do we have to change a value in this EA?

Hello does it automatically adjust the type of account im using? I am using a micro account which means 1 lot in MT5 is equivalent to 1000 unit. Does it detect that I am using a micro account? or do we have to change a value in this EA?