How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hi, i've been used this tool for few months, it's pretty convenient .thank you
i have a suggestion that maybe is a good idea to earn more.
i stick to the risk reward ,so i wonder if there possible to update the pending order function that entry price set automatically by the manually set tp and sl , and risk reward ratio which was presetted.
I understand what you mean. I will consider implementing that, but it looks like it is a rather difficult thing to accomplish in a good way.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you for your quick response, Enivid!
The chart window shows the symbol without the suffix.

Edit: After looking at the "new chart" options, there are 2 of the major pairs, one without the suffix at the top level and another one, under "Instruments-5" with the suffix. When I selected the one with the suffix, the script now works.
It was confusing, but I got it now.
Which broker has such a confusing setup?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
pardon me for newbie question, Why didn't you make an EA instead of combination of an Indicator and a script?
Two reasons:
  1. The indicator came first with its main purpose to calculate and show the position size, which could be used in a trade on a different platform. The trading script was developed much later.
  2. The initial choice of making it indicator was based on the fact that making it an EA would prevent loading any other EA on the same chart.
Right now most of the stuff with trailing stop and breakeven can be accomplished by using the Account Protector EA on the same the chart.

tigran

May 6, 2022
Which broker has such a confusing setup?
I'm testing out Oanda - I'm using the practice/demo account for now, so perhaps they have different symbol per account type.
I'm new to FX so can use recommendations for a broker - looking for tight spread with a fixed commission option.

Mio

Trader
Nov 10, 2021
It's possible to create a TP Multiplier for Take-profit 2, Take-profit 3, Take-profit 4, etc?
At moment, the TP Multiplier is only working at the default take-profit, so for example, I have 3 targets and I want to change my stop position:
auto-locked TP will change the first default one, but the other two remain randomly placed.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It's possible to create a TP Multiplier for Take-profit 2, Take-profit 3, Take-profit 4, etc?
At moment, the TP Multiplier is only working at the default take-profit, so for example, I have 3 targets and I want to change my stop position:
auto-locked TP will change the first default one, but the other two remain randomly placed.
There are buttons on the Script tab for quick placement of the multiple TPs.

Mio

Trader
Nov 10, 2021
There are buttons on the Script tab for quick placement of the multiple TPs.
Not the same, I want my multiples TP to be 10x my SL. It doesn't work, only the default TP is multiplied with "TP Multiplier".
The Script tab only allows me to change the TPs value manually, which is painful to do every time when I modify my stop :c

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Not the same, I want my multiples TP to be 10x my SL. It doesn't work, only the default TP is multiplied with "TP Multiplier".
The Script tab only allows me to change the TPs value manually, which is painful to do every time when I modify my stop :c
You want all your multiple TPs set to the same value?

Rexi359

Trader
Aug 23, 2021
THANK YOU FOR THE SHARED CODE, I HAVE A QUESTION:
HOW TO COMPILE IN MT4 SOURCE CODE IN WHICH THE NAMES CONTAIN "."

Kingsman37

Trader
May 15, 2022
Tôi sử dụng MT4 cho giao dịch nhưng khi sử dụng PSC-trade thì gặp lỗi như hình. Mong sự giúp đỡ

TRANSLATION: I use MT4 for trading but when using PSC-trade, I get an error as shown. Hoping for help

Post automatically merged:

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.png
    3.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.png
    4.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Tôi sử dụng MT4 cho giao dịch nhưng khi sử dụng PSC-trade thì gặp lỗi như hình. Mong sự giúp đỡ

TRANSLATION: I use MT4 for trading but when using PSC-trade, I get an error as shown. Hoping for help

Post automatically merged:
Did you upgrade from a previous version of PSC? Try removing the indicator, then clearing all chart objects (Ctrl+B, select all, delete).

PS: Please use Google Translate to post in English next time. We do not allow non-English messages in English-language threads.

Kingsman37

Trader
May 15, 2022
Did you upgrade from a previous version of PSC? Try removing the indicator, then clearing all chart objects (Ctrl+B, select all, delete).

PS: Please use Google Translate to post in English next time. We do not allow non-English messages in English-language threads.
Thank you very much. I removed all the indicator and it was successful. Have a nice evening

Armin

Trader
May 21, 2022

Hello, thank you for your very good indicator
I wanted to ask if it is possible to limit the number of open trades at a time to avoid over-trading. For example, we can not open more than five trades with one magic number. Or there is a limit to the maximum risk of open trades.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello, thank you for your very good indicator
I wanted to ask if it is possible to limit the number of open trades at a time to avoid over-trading. For example, we can not open more than five trades with one magic number. Or there is a limit to the maximum risk of open trades.
The closest thing to that is the "Subtract open positions volume" checkbox on the Script tab, which can be used to subtract the volume of the currently open trades from the calculated position size before opening a trade.

Armin

Trader
May 21, 2022
The closest thing to that is the "Subtract open positions volume" checkbox on the Script tab, which can be used to subtract the volume of the currently open trades from the calculated position size before opening a trade.
Thank you very much for your answer. Is it possible to add such a feature, ie to limit the number of positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.