How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triplehunter

Apr 21, 2022
The hotkey is handled by the MT4 settings - it has nothing to do with the script itself or the indicator. Make sure your MT4 installation can save its settings - that its folders are writable. Most likely, this is caused by terminal.ini file not being writable by MT4.
Okay Thanks

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
Is it possible to create an MQL script to change for example default risk or risk (currency)?If so what would I need to change?
(I already have scripts to set SL and TP values)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is it possible to create an MQL script to change for example default risk or risk (currency)?If so what would I need to change?
(I already have scripts to set SL and TP values)
Why would you need a script for that? You can set the default values via the indicator's input parameters.

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
Why would you need a script for that? You can set the default values via the indicator's input parameters.
I'm getting a USB keypad to customise for trading, and one of the things I'd like is to be able to change risk very quicky with a physical button (linked to a script). I suppose I could do it with autohotkey but as I use different computers at home/office it might be better to do everything within Metatrader rather than an external macro coding program.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm getting a USB keypad to customise for trading, and one of the things I'd like is to be able to change risk very quicky with a physical button (linked to a script). I suppose I could do it with autohotkey but as I use different computers at home/office it might be better to do everything within Metatrader rather than an external macro coding program.
You want scripts that would change Risk to some pre-specified values and activate those scripts on a hotkey?

It probably can be coded - you would just need the script to find the right chart object (Edit field) and update it with your value. However, that may fail, depending on whether such an update triggers an ON_END_EDIT chart event for the field or not. If it doesn't trigger a chart event, the variable's value inside PSC won't change to your new value.

• 👍
Reactions: CARPARK

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
You want scripts that would change Risk to some pre-specified values and activate those scripts on a hotkey?

It probably can be coded - you would just need the script to find the right chart object (Edit field) and update it with your value. However, that may fail, depending on whether such an update triggers an ON_END_EDIT chart event for the field or not. If it doesn't trigger a chart event, the variable's value inside PSC won't change to your new value.
Cool ok that should be enough for me to go on, thank you

saleh222

Trader
May 3, 2022
Hi the price on the line I activate is working properly in the demo account but the original account is not working properly
demooo.PNGrealllll.PNG

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi the price on the line I activate is working properly in the demo account but the original account is not working properly
View attachment 21435View attachment 21436
Are the labels always at the same spot in the real account? Or do they move at some fixed distance from the lines? That's a very weird bug...
Is it in the different MT4 instances? Or are you connecting to a different account, keeping the same chart?

saleh222

Trader
May 3, 2022
I tried in all currencies and a few MT4
And the label stays at an unchanged point in the real account
But in the demo account, the same broker works correctly

saleh222

Trader
May 3, 2022
Are the labels always at the same spot in the real account? Or do they move at some fixed distance from the lines? That's a very weird bug...
Is it in the different MT4 instances? Or are you connecting to a different account, keeping the same chart?
Is there a broker?
And can it be fixed?

The brokers I work

Windsor Brokers &​

FIBO Group's

https://en.windsorbrokers.com/
https://www.fibogroup.com/

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there a broker?
And can it be fixed?

The brokers I work

Windsor Brokers &​

FIBO Group's

https://en.windsorbrokers.com/
https://www.fibogroup.com/
I think, it is some kind of bug in the indicator. What are the messages in the Experts tab of the Terminal subwindow when you attach the indicator (and the label should move) in the real account?

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
  • 👍
Reactions: saleh222

saleh222

Trader
May 3, 2022
Use one account which has some USDs. It might be that problem. Also test by changing the instrument. (even 0.01 lots not eligible for the orders means you have very low equity which is not eligible to place orders)
Thank you very much for your response

Status
Not open for further replies.