Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,

I have had this problem with this program back when it was position size calculator and now after upgrading to the EA program - Position Sizer for MT5 - the same issue.

I have been using this for a long while, love it and understand it pretty thoroughly...BUT for some reason, it won't let me execute a trade (I use pending/limit orders) shortly after the NY close. It takes about an hour or so to allow me to place a trade. I hit the "hotkey" and nothing happens...until later on. Then when I try an hour or two later, it works. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you!
When you press the hotkey or click the Trade button on the Trading tab, check the Experts tab - it will output what it does there. Perhaps, there is an execution delay, but perhaps, there is some other problem, which it will write about there.

juancarlosfc

Trader
Sep 21, 2022
Good morning, I don't undertand because the Position Size didn't work if it compilate perfect, I push the trade button and generate this error "Error sending order: auto trading disable by server." Could you help me to fix it? I don't know if PSC-Trader file are available to MT5 like Ver. 2.40 when I trade with accelerator key.MT5.PNG

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Good morning, I don't undertand because the Position Size didn't work if it compilate perfect, I push the trade button and generate this error "Error sending order: auto trading disable by server." Could you help me to fix it? I don't know if PSC-Trader file are available to MT5 like Ver. 2.40 when I trade with accelerator key.View attachment 22663
The error means that autotrading is disabled by your trading server (your broker).

Dr. Ninja

Trader
Sep 5, 2018
Check with your Broker. Your broker may have restricted that time. You can check with another terminal Demo, Broker so you will be amazed its working fine in that.

PS: In the market watch Right click and Specification, Scroll down on a instrument may give some details about the Trade time.
I will experiment with this today. Thank you!

Help

Trader
Sep 22, 2022
Position Size Calculator
There is no script file(PSC-Trader) for me to add into my MT5 Script folder after downloading the file. As seen on a couple YouTube videos of people showing how to instal this. Without it I can’t execute the trades.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
There is no script file(PSC-Trader) for me to add into my MT5 Script folder. As seen on a couple YouTube videos of people showing how to instal this. Without it I can’t execute the trades.
Read all the previous comments in this thread. You will understand

• 👍
Reactions: Help

Eric0

Sep 5, 2022
There is no script file(PSC-Trader) for me to add into my MT5 Script folder. As seen on a couple YouTube videos of people showing how to instal this. Without it I can’t execute the trades.
Are you referring to the PositionSizer EA or Position Size Calculator indicator. Because the first one does not need the PSC-trader script. Read the manual.

Help

Trader
Sep 22, 2022
Are you referring to the PositionSizer EA or Position Size Calculator indicator. Because the first one does not need the PSC-trader script. Read the manual.
I downloaded the EA . Its on my screen and I can adjust the stop loss and take profits but how do I get it to function(enter the trade)
Post automatically merged:

Read all the previous comments in this thread. You will understand
Yes thank you! I was all confused going off of people downloading the old version on YouTube while I’m downloading the new version. It’s working thank you :)

• 🎉
Reactions: EnrichWave

lueny_toons

Trader
Jun 27, 2021
Hi. Great work as always... I hv been a huge fan and user of Position Size Calculator since few years ago with the one using PSC Script to quickly put in a trade. This new Position Sizer is amazing. Kudos to the Team in its further development.

I have a suggestion... One which I believe if can be implemented will be a game changer for Position Sizer EA. I have been trading lately using the Pound Averaging Strategy used by big boys taught by my mentor. What this does is to open multiple PO POS (position) at various prices but all with the same SL. So, e.g. if I decided to execute a netting strategy with 5 Sell Limit POS because price is playing out based on my strategy parameters. The very 1st POS I set either an instant or Sell Stop to trigger the 1st order for me to be in play. As I believe there would be a retrace before moving forward to my intended analysis, I will then set Sell Limit orders. So, the next 5 Sell Limit POs I would like to input POS 1 at 1.0000, POS 2 at 1.0010, POS 3 at 1.0020, POS 4 at 1.0030 and POS 5 at 1.0040 with all these 5 Pending Orders are with the same SL value. However, with the TP I would like to have options to have all TP value of each POS the same price value (OR)..., manually/by pulling the line on the chart to set each POS differently. Meaning e.g. POS 1 the TP set at 0.9980, POS 2 the TP set at 0.9980, POS 3 the TP set at 0.9960, POS 4 the TP set at 0.9940 and POS 5 the TP set at 0.9940

Pound averaging strategy ensures that I have a better price when price goes against initially but still keeping the same SL value of each POS. So, on the last POS essentially I'm risking a smaller SL amt but when price goes in favour, my 5th, 4th and 3rd POS will start amassing more pips and better returns than the 2nd and 1st POS. If for whatever reasons price stalls and doesn't go beyond my 1st POS I can close all the POS' with still a sizeable +ve TP amount. This is in itself controlling my risk management with a smarter approach. But if price does go in my favour puncturing through POS 1 then I'm in good profit for all 6 POS' and just wait till price hits the already set individual TP values for each of the 5 POS'.

So..., that's what I see can be a wonderful feature if the Pound Averaging feature can be coded into Position Sizer EA. I'm not sure if it could be done (as I'm a noob in coding, and thus I leave it to you to see if it can be done?) but if it can..., this definitely is a game changer in my eyes as I've learnt this from my mentor and it's a wonderful strategy that has shown superb results. We're all trading using this strategy to maximise profits when it works out and if it doesn't by going against, we're still able to manage our funds at the end, coming out with +ve returns.

I hope you see the value in such a feature and if this could be done and added into Position Sizer EA in the next update I am sure it will be a biggie for everyone to enjoy :) Anyway, you're the expert and let me know how this goes... Can it be done and is it useful... Cheers

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi. Great work as always... I hv been a huge fan and user of Position Size Calculator since few years ago with the one using PSC Script to quickly put in a trade. This new Position Sizer is amazing. Kudos to the Team in its further development.

I have a suggestion... One which I believe if can be implemented will be a game changer for Position Sizer EA. I have been trading lately using the Pound Averaging Strategy used by big boys taught by my mentor. What this does is to open multiple PO POS (position) at various prices but all with the same SL. So, e.g. if I decided to execute a netting strategy with 5 Sell Limit POS because price is playing out based on my strategy parameters. The very 1st POS I set either an instant or Sell Stop to trigger the 1st order for me to be in play. As I believe there would be a retrace before moving forward to my intended analysis, I will then set Sell Limit orders. So, the next 5 Sell Limit POs I would like to input POS 1 at 1.0000, POS 2 at 1.0010, POS 3 at 1.0020, POS 4 at 1.0030 and POS 5 at 1.0040 with all these 5 Pending Orders are with the same SL value. However, with the TP I would like to have options to have all TP value of each POS the same price value (OR)..., manually/by pulling the line on the chart to set each POS differently. Meaning e.g. POS 1 the TP set at 0.9980, POS 2 the TP set at 0.9980, POS 3 the TP set at 0.9960, POS 4 the TP set at 0.9940 and POS 5 the TP set at 0.9940

Pound averaging strategy ensures that I have a better price when price goes against initially but still keeping the same SL value of each POS. So, on the last POS essentially I'm risking a smaller SL amt but when price goes in favour, my 5th, 4th and 3rd POS will start amassing more pips and better returns than the 2nd and 1st POS. If for whatever reasons price stalls and doesn't go beyond my 1st POS I can close all the POS' with still a sizeable +ve TP amount. This is in itself controlling my risk management with a smarter approach. But if price does go in my favour puncturing through POS 1 then I'm in good profit for all 6 POS' and just wait till price hits the already set individual TP values for each of the 5 POS'.

So..., that's what I see can be a wonderful feature if the Pound Averaging feature can be coded into Position Sizer EA. I'm not sure if it could be done (as I'm a noob in coding, and thus I leave it to you to see if it can be done?) but if it can..., this definitely is a game changer in my eyes as I've learnt this from my mentor and it's a wonderful strategy that has shown superb results. We're all trading using this strategy to maximise profits when it works out and if it doesn't by going against, we're still able to manage our funds at the end, coming out with +ve returns.

I hope you see the value in such a feature and if this could be done and added into Position Sizer EA in the next update I am sure it will be a biggie for everyone to enjoy :) Anyway, you're the expert and let me know how this goes... Can it be done and is it useful... Cheers
Sorry, but what keeps from you trading like that with the PS EA as it is? You just open as many limit orders as you need and that's it. All you have to do is to set the Entry/TP according to your scheme of entry and exit while the SL stays the same.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

Nicola Pinna

Sep 28, 2022
Salve, sono nuovo del forum. Spero di scrivere nella sezione giusta. Uso il position sizer su un conto demo da circa 1 mese e l'autotrading funziona bene. ora ho iniziato una challenge di un prop e con il nuovo conto demo (stesso broker) non apro le operazioni. Devo sempre rimuovere e reinserire il consulente esperto. Mi potete aiutare? grazie

Icona di verifica con community

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Salve, sono nuovo del forum. Spero di scrivere nella sezione giusta. Uso il position sizer su un conto demo da circa 1 mese e l'autotrading funziona bene. ora ho iniziato una challenge di un prop e con il nuovo conto demo (stesso broker) non apro le operazioni. Devo sempre rimuovere e reinserire il consulente esperto. Mi potete aiutare? grazie

View attachment 22699
Please do not post in languages other than English in this thread. Use Google Translate if you need to.

Nicola Pinna

Sep 28, 2022
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I hope to write in the right section. I have been using the position sizer on a demo account for about 1 month and the autotrading works well. now I have started a challenge of a prop and with the new demo account (same broker) I do not open the operations. I always have to remove and reinsert the expert advisor. can you help me? thank you

Icona di Verificata con community
Post automatically merged:

Please do not post in languages other than English in this thread. Use Google Translate if you need to.

excuse me. i used google translator. I don't know why he entered it in English