salmansale

Oct 15, 2022
When I am setting trailing stop it starts to trail right from the point trade is opened while I only want it to trail stoploss once the trade is in profit. Can you please help me with it?
Post automatically merged:

When I am setting trailing stop it starts to trail right from the point trade is opened while I only want it to trail stoploss once the trade is in profit. Can you please help me with it?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

You'd need to use a different EA for that - https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-expert-advisors/Trailing-Stop-on-Profit/
Position Sizer has only the most basic TS implemented.

dxtrader

Trader
Oct 16, 2022
I have downloaded the MT5 Position calculator do i need the script can't find it please help

i have downloaded the mt5 position desktop do i need the scrip as its not on your page...

bilyng

Trader
Jan 13, 2022
great work! can't do without this ea in my trading.

would it be possible to put the trade button in the trading menu to the main menu?
I think is safer to see at a glace the entry parameters right where you will click the trade button to execute the trade.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have downloaded the MT5 Position calculator do i need the script can't find it please help

i have downloaded the mt5 position desktop do i need the scrip as its not on your page...
The new Position Sizer EA doesn't need a script to trade. You can trade either using the Trade button on the Trading tab or by pressing the hotkey you define via the input parameters.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
great work! can't do without this ea in my trading.

would it be possible to put the trade button in the trading menu to the main menu?
I think is safer to see at a glace the entry parameters right where you will click the trade button to execute the trade.
I will consider adding it.

BigKahuna

Trader
Oct 16, 2022
Good Morning , how an I obtain step by step instructions on downloading the PSC to metatrader4?
I've attempted multiple times and I continue to receive error messages when compiling the file the

BigKahuna

Trader
Oct 16, 2022
Good Morning , how can I obtain step instructions on downloading the Psc to my meta trader acct? I have attempted multiples times but I continue to receive error messages when attempting to compile the file

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    71 KB · Views: 5

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Good Morning , how can I obtain step instructions on downloading the Psc to my meta trader acct? I have attempted multiples times but I continue to receive error messages when attempting to compile the file
The installation instructions are here:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-expert-advisors/Position-Sizer/#Installation
As for the errors, it would help to see the first error (at the top) to understand what the issue is.
However, I already see that you are trying to use the MT4 version in the MT5 platform and that you have copied the files to the Indicators subfolder of your MQL5 folder instead of the Experts one.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

BigKahuna

Trader
Oct 16, 2022
The installation instructions are here:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-expert-advisors/Position-Sizer/#Installation
As for the errors, it would help to see the first error (at the top) to understand what the issue is.
However, I already see that you are trying to use the MT4 version in the MT5 platform and that you have copied the files to the Indicators subfolder of your MQL5 folder instead of the Experts one.
I see now , instead of MT4 , its MT5 that keeps downloading , and Im definitely selecting the MT4 option on the website but im not sure why mt4 will not download

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I see now , instead of MT4 , its MT5 that keeps downloading , and Im definitely selecting the MT4 option on the website but im not sure why mt4 will not download
It isn't possible to download the MT4 platform from MetaQuotes, you can only download MT5 from them. If you want to download MT4, you should do so from a broker that supports MT4.

s00071609

Trader
Sep 16, 2022
Hi,
Is there a way to reset the Stop Loss level? As price move, stop loss level remains at old place, Is it possible to not save the SL level. There should be a button to reset it.

Jajaofopobo

Trader
Sep 6, 2021
Hi,
Is there a way to reset the Stop Loss level? As price move, stop loss level remains at old place, Is it possible to not save the SL level. There should be a button to reset it.
I doubt it. You have to manually input the figure or drag the line. but if you want your stop loss level to be moving with price, you can activate the ATR option and change the order type to instant . (for those that use ATR)

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Another way, set Default SL value around 10-20 pips. so you will see SL line around 10-20 pips near Entry line when ever you change the symbol.

Regards

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,
Adding to what @EnrichWave said, you can also set the SLDistanceInPoints to true and then use the field to set the SL to the value in points as you would like.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

Malikofx

Trader
Oct 19, 2022
Hi,
I have downloaded Position Size for MT5 on Mac. when i'm trying to copy folder to mql5/expert nothing happens. files folder does not move or copy/paste into expert folder. Any ideal please..?

Thank you

Hi,
I have downloaded Position Size for MT5 on Mac. when i'm trying to copy folder to mql5/expert nothing happens. files folder does not move or copy/paste into expert folder. Any ideal please..?

Thank you

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you
Try reading this post:
https://www.earnforex.com/forum/threads/position-size-calculator.9511/page-75#post-192446
Perhaps, it will help you.

renjer

Trader
Oct 20, 2022
Hi, my broker only allows 40 lots per position, however, I'd like to risk 1% per position. For a larger account like mine I need to risk around 78 lots. How can I configure position sizer properly so that it can display the right lot size for me? Currently it maxes out at 40, which means I have been risking less than 1%.

Btw broker allows multiple positions on the same pair, I want to place multiple positions but would like to keep the total risk to 1%. Hopefully it makes sense.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, my broker only allows 40 lots per position, however, I'd like to risk 1% per position. For a larger account like mine I need to risk around US$3000 per position which is approximately 78 lots. How can I configure position sizer properly so that it can display the right lot size for me? Currently it maxes out at 40, which means I have been risking less than 1%.

Btw broker allows multiple positions on the same pair, I want to place multiple positions but would like to keep the total risk to 1%. Hopefully it makes sense.
You can set CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize parameter to true and it will show the calculated value even if it exceeds the maximum. You would still need to execute it manually because currently the PS EA doesn't allow breaking such a trade into two.

renjer

Trader
Oct 20, 2022
You can set CalculateUnadjustedPositionSize parameter to true and it will show the calculated value even if it exceeds the maximum. You would still need to execute it manually because currently the PS EA doesn't allow breaking such a trade into two.
Thanks Enivid I have used your suggestion and it worked well. Hopefully splitting trades can be implemented in the next version