How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

schitzo-eezo

Trader
Nov 23, 2021
Durban, South Africa
Hi,

Thanks for a great tool. I just installed and started testing. When I tried to place a forex trade I get an "Error: 132 - market is closed."

Please could you advise on how to correct it. I have attached a pic of details required.

Thanks.

Attachments

• RiskCalcIssue.JPG
    RiskCalcIssue.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 6

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,

Thanks for a great tool. I just installed and started testing. When I tried to place a forex trade I get an "Error: 132 - market is closed."

Please could you advise on how to correct it. I have attached a pic of details required.

Thanks.
As far as I know, Oanda has been experiencing some issues for a dozen hours already, resulting in the "market is closed" error when trying to open trades. I don't know, maybe they have already resolved it. If not, you can also contact them to ask when it is going to be resolved.

patientWolf

Trader
Nov 11, 2021
any way to decrease size of position size calculator dialog size or its fonts size ? instead of minimize. I want all the information on my mt4 instead .. size of calculator is huge for my mt4 charts
I'm not sure if this is definitely the right solution, but if you right-click on the PSC Indicator in the Navigator window, and choose 'modify', you can edit the font size there. You'll need to save and reload after that for effects to take place.

Attachments

• fontsize.png
    fontsize.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 4

schitzo-eezo

Trader
Nov 23, 2021
Durban, South Africa
As far as I know, Oanda has been experiencing some issues for a dozen hours already, resulting in the "market is closed" error when trying to open trades. I don't know, maybe they have already resolved it. If not, you can also contact them to ask when it is going to be resolved.
I tested an entry this morning and it seems to have worked. Hopefully no issues in future. Thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm not sure if this is definitely the right solution, but if you right-click on the PSC Indicator in the Navigator window, and choose 'modify', you can edit the font size there. You'll need to save and reload after that for effects to take place.
That font size input parameter only controls the font size for the line labels on the chart. It doesn't affect the panel's font size (which I believe is system font size determined by the Windows OS).

• 👍
Reactions: patientWolf

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Hi @Enivid When we change the Symbol It goes to its previous Risk %, Risk $ or position size. Some time we need that to be constant (that mean If we change the risk % to 2% and when we change the symbols all the symbols risk should be 2%.). Kindly make options like "Remember Risk = True, False"

Regards

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi @Enivid When we change the Symbol It goes to its previous Risk %, Risk $ or position size. Some time we need that to be constant (that mean If we change the risk % to 2% and when we change the symbols all the symbols risk should be 2%.). Kindly make options like "Remember Risk = True, False"
On the surface, this looks like a great idea. However, why do we limit this only to the Risk panel fields? There are about 20 panel fields that are recorded according the specific trading symbol. Each of them could seem important to leave unchanged to some trader. But adding 20 more input parameters to control them would encumber the indicator significantly degrading its overall usability in my opinion. I will have to think carefully before deciding whether to add something like this.

sylan

Nov 16, 2021
Hi, this is a great tool and thank you for providing it for free and with so much support! I am not too sure about what the differences are between the input and result on the main tab. I don't understand why the results are slightly different from the inputs. I would appreciate if you could provide a brief explanation.

Many thanks
Marcus

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    7.5 KB · Views: 1

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, this is a great tool and thank you for providing it for free and with so much support! I am not too sure about what the differences are between the input and result on the main tab. I don't understand why the results are slightly different from the inputs. I would appreciate if you could provide a brief explanation.

Many thanks
Marcus

View attachment 19534
The fields in the Result column are based on the position size that can actually be taken using the broker's minimum position size and lot step size parameters.

• 👍
Reactions: sylan

sylan

Nov 16, 2021
Hi Enivid, thanks for your response. So I should just look at the results column for the outcome of the trade. Separately, what's the default action/behaviour when I mouse click stop-loss and take-profit on the main tab? They seem to reset the S&L and TP to random levels. Many thanks again. Regards

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid, thanks for your response. So I should just look at the results column for the outcome of the trade. Separately, what's the default action/behaviour when I mouse click stop-loss and take-profit on the main tab? They seem to reset the S&L and TP to random levels. Many thanks again. Regards
The stop-loss button resets the stop-loss to the value you set via DefaultSL input parameter.
The take-profit button sets TP = SL on first click. On a subsequent click, it "locks" TP on SL, so if you change SL, TP changes automatically. The next click "releases" TP.
You can find descriptions of all the interface elements here:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-indicators/Position-Size-Calculator/#Interface

• 👍
Reactions: sylan

BlueTengu

Trader
Nov 29, 2021
Hello! I just installed PSC for MT4 and so far it's really scratching all the itches I had about proper lot sizes and much more. I was wondering if you could help me, maybe I can't find the right field to adjust but what I'd like to do is set my entry point and order type, then order size, but also have the R/R ratio set up for an automatic SL & TP value. EG if I'm placing an order and using a R/R of 2:1 and I place my entry point and how much I'm willing to risk either by $ amount or % of account, can PSC tell me where the exact SL & TP will be?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello! I just installed PSC for MT4 and so far it's really scratching all the itches I had about proper lot sizes and much more. I was wondering if you could help me, maybe I can't find the right field to adjust but what I'd like to do is set my entry point and order type, then order size, but also have the R/R ratio set up for an automatic SL & TP value. EG if I'm placing an order and using a R/R of 2:1 and I place my entry point and how much I'm willing to risk either by $ amount or % of account, can PSC tell me where the exact SL & TP will be?
PSC cannot calculate stop-loss based on risk and position size.

patientWolf

Trader
Nov 11, 2021
You have to place your entry and stoploss, but the TP can be auto-calculated, in fact, that's why I came to this forum. The reply I received was as follows- see attached pics in order, or read posts in this forum here: https://www.earnforex.com/forum/threads/position-size-calculator.9511/post-201441PSCforum01.pngPSCforum02png.pngPSCforum03.pngPSCforum04.png

If I've misunderstood the question, I apologise.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Subtract percentage of what from what? Could you please provide an example?
Will explain it later @Enivid .

is there any option that the Script should not place any order if the SL is "Too close"? 2021-12-23_21h50_52.png
because If I placed order when it too close and I didn't see the SL is not placed, it goes so much against me..

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Will explain it later @Enivid .

is there any option that the Script should not place any order if the SL is "Too close"? View attachment 19706
because If I placed order when it too close and I didn't see the SL is not placed, it goes so much against me..
Yeah, that's a good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.