How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Also having option when the given risk is less than the result It should not place any order. The bad thing will happen if a trader mention some percentage risk but the result gives higher risk because of the less lot size not supported by the broker..
Example..

2021-12-23_22h35_08.png
In this the risk percentage I mentions is 0.3 % but the result shows 3.29 because the broker allow only standard lot and volume step is 1. So. If i mention the % risk and didn't see the result and used the PSC script. It'll lead to loose extreme money..

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Also having option when the given risk is less than the result It should not place any order. The bad thing will happen if a trader mention some percentage risk but the result gives higher risk because of the less lot size not supported by the broker..
Example..

View attachment 19707
In this the risk percentage I mentions is 0.3 % but the result shows 3.29 because the broker allow only standard lot and volume step is 1. So. If i mention the % risk and didn't see the result and used the PSC script. It'll lead to loose extreme money..
That should be monitored by the trader. At best, it warrants adding a Script tab checkbox to prevent the script from working if Result Risk is greater than the Input Risk.

• 👍
Reactions: Vic124

Lvmm

Trader
Dec 15, 2019
Hi. Happy new year.

I like to open three charts of the same pair, each for a different timeframe. Say, EurUsd 15M, 1H, and 1D. I always operate in one chart, the others are auxiliary views.

My question is, would it be technically possible to add or change something in PSC so that whenever I drag the SL and TP lines in the main chart their positions are automatically updated in the two auxiliary charts?

Thank you for your attention.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi. Happy new year.

I like to open three charts of the same pair, each for a different timeframe. Say, EurUsd 15M, 1H, and 1D. I always operate in one chart, the others are auxiliary views.

My question is, would it be technically possible to add or change something in PSC so that whenever I drag the SL and TP lines in the main chart their positions are automatically updated in the two auxiliary charts?

Thank you for your attention.
That would require a considerable change of how the PSC loads and stores its data. I am not sure that it would be a good idea.

PS: Why don't you just switch timeframes in one chart?

Lvmm

Trader
Dec 15, 2019
PS: Why don't you just switch timeframes in one chart?
I already do sometimes, but just because of PSC. Switching timeframes all day becomes tiresome so I prefer to look at the other charts, but I miss the PSC lines in them.

Thank you again.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Switching timeframes all day becomes tiresome so I prefer to look at the other charts, but I miss the PSC lines in them.

Thank you again.
The better one. Place PSC indicator only on one chart so you can analyze in all chart but you can place order with PSC script only in one chart. Otherwise @Enivid may need to program to creating PSC indicator option with "Link all chart PSC indicator" will be helpful.

bartalemeo

Trader
Feb 2, 2021
Dear Enivid,

Thanks for this great tool. I was wondering if it were possible to show SL&TP levels and points at the same time side by side on the control panel? Like in the attachment, imagine that we could show points boxes next to levels boxes. I would like to have the functionality to move the lines depending on my choice of entry, whether on levels or on pips? Whenever I make an entry on levels boxes, points boxes change automatically and vice versa.

Thanks.

Attachments

• psc.jpg
    psc.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 9

Vic124

Trader
Aug 11, 2020
That should be monitored by the trader. At best, it warrants adding a Script tab checkbox to prevent the script from working if Result Risk is greater than the Input Risk.
Hi Envid,
I was going to make this suggestion. "That should be monitored by the trader. At best, it warrants adding a Script tab checkbox to prevent the script from working if Result Risk is greater than the Input Risk." I completely support this option please make this happen. I know for sure we are not the only ones with this opinion. This will greatly help people with smaller accounts. I do a bit of coding myself this should be an easy solution.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave
Jan 15, 2022
Hi. I have complied the position size calculation as told the video and there was no error also. But when I am dragging it to the chart, mt4 frozes and its becomes irresponsive. can anyone please help.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi. I have complied the position size calculation as told the video and there was no error also. But when I am dragging it to the chart, mt4 frozes and its becomes irresponsive. can anyone please help.
What does it output in the Experts tab of the Terminal subwindow when you attach the PSC to the chart?

Sep 1, 2019
Hi, I don't understand why the TakeProfit line on the chart keeps changing position up and down? The line can't stay still ... is it just my problem?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, I don't understand why the TakeProfit line on the chart keeps changing position up and down? The line can't stay still ... is it just my problem?
Perhaps, you turned on the TP lock on SL (the TP button becomes dark gray)?
tplocksl.png
If that's the case, you can just click on the button once, and it will unlock.

Vic356857462

Jan 20, 2022
One of the most useful tools!
Would it be possible to have a feature to break down the trade to be executed by the script into n-number of fractions? For example, the position size calculation dictates that I need to open 1 trade at 1.00 lot size. But I want to break this trade into 5 equal trades within the same exposure. So it will be 5 trades of 0.20 lot with each identical SL and TP. That way, I can manage and adjust each fraction of the trade independently. Would it be possible to incorporate this feature in the next version? Thank you very much for such a great tool!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
One of the most useful tools!
Would it be possible to have a feature to break down the trade to be executed by the script into n-number of fractions? For example, the position size calculation dictates that I need to open 1 trade at 1.00 lot size. But I want to break this trade into 5 equal trades within the same exposure. So it will be 5 trades of 0.20 lot with each identical SL and TP. That way, I can manage and adjust each fraction of the trade independently. Would it be possible to incorporate this feature in the next version? Thank you very much for such a great tool!
You can already do that. Set ScriptTakeProfitsNumber to 5 (or how many trades you want to divide it into) and then just set all TPs to the same value.

Vic356857462

Jan 20, 2022
You can already do that. Set ScriptTakeProfitsNumber to 5 (or how many trades you want to divide it into) and then just set all TPs to the same value.
That is awesome!

Is there a way I can let each fraction of the trade have its own comment or magic number?

Faqih S

Trader
Jan 21, 2022
Hi,
Thanks for this best tool

i put my order TP based on SL ratio
sometimes the TP would be 1 to 1 ratio , or 1 to 3 ratio , or even 1 to 5
so in order to do that i have to change the input on the indicator properties ,

is there a way to have the input of TP locked on SL ratio right in the panel ?

it would be some great features

Thanks ,

Attachments

• ASK.png
    ASK.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,
Thanks for this best tool

i put my order TP based on SL ratio
sometimes the TP would be 1 to 1 ratio , or 1 to 3 ratio , or even 1 to 5
so in order to do that i have to change the input on the indicator properties ,

is there a way to have the input of TP locked on SL ratio right in the panel ?

it would be some great features

Thanks ,
Sorry, not for now. Maybe in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.