How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lvmm

Trader
Dec 15, 2019
True, but the accompanying script can place orders which indicators can't do so I thought there might be a way.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
True, but the accompanying script can place orders which indicators can't do so I thought there might be a way.
If some kind of a trailing stop were implemented via a script, you'd have to manually launch it constantly for it to make any updates to the trades. Scripts don't "hang around" on the chart (like EAs and indicators do) - it gets executed and is removed once executed.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Could you please provide some screenshots?

vSCy2AI.png

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Is there any way to open a demo account with them? I only find their live account registration page.
I've created Demo. But I could not place any orders.

New account registration
Login:10000567
Password:wyh7eoy
Investor:2nkprsn

PS: Now placing order working fine.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks! It looks like the symbol isn't set up properly in their MT4 server. When an MQL4 program questions it, it reports the symbol's type as Forex (which is OK), but the tick value as 0.01 (which isn't correct if it's a Forex profit type). It should either report it as CFD and have a tick value at 0.01 or as Forex and have a tick value at 1.00. Right now, it's some mix that messes up the calculations.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

boffer.andre

Trader
Jan 29, 2022
New question: I tried loading the calculator v2.41 in mt5 but I receive an error:

Error! Cannot detect proper currency pair for adjustment calculation: USD, AUD.

How can I resolve this? thanks.

KaiZenWiz

Trader
Oct 10, 2021
Hi Admin
I wonder why I couldn't get the proper lot size, the size it should have been like manual calculation.
In this example the pair is EURUSD, account balance $ 200.000, risk 1% = $ 2,000, with stop loss = 5 pip
Then on the 1st picture the risk result = 1,999.69 and position size result = 37.73 lot
While if I using risk calculator, the lot size should be 40 lot for risk $ 2,000 and 5 pip stop loss on EURUSD pair.

And on the 2nd picture if I change Position size tab = 40 lot, then the Risk % = 1.06% and Risk USD Result = $ 2,120.

I've tried using another pip value for stop loss and the lot size never match with my manual risk calculator (for the same %risk and risk USD), the lot size always lack around 5-8% the size it should have been.

Thank you for your kind help Enivid ^^v

PSC 1.jpgPSC 2.jpg

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Admin
I wonder why I couldn't get the proper lot size, the size it should have been like manual calculation.
In this example the pair is EURUSD, account balance $ 200.000, risk 1% = $ 2,000, with stop loss = 5 pip
Then on the 1st picture the risk result = 1,999.69 and position size result = 37.73 lot
While if I using risk calculator, the lot size should be 40 lot for risk $ 2,000 and 5 pip stop loss on EURUSD pair.

And on the 2nd picture if I change Position size tab = 40 lot, then the Risk % = 1.06% and Risk USD Result = $ 2,120.

I've tried using another pip value for stop loss and the lot size never match with my manual risk calculator (for the same %risk and risk USD), the lot size always lack around 5-8% the size it should have been.

Thank you for your kind help Enivid ^^v

View attachment 20074View attachment 20075
Does your manual calculator take into account your $1.5 one-way commission per lot? Because this one does.

KaiZenWiz

Trader
Oct 10, 2021
Does your manual calculator take into account your $1.5 one-way commission per lot? Because this one does.
It doesn't.
Okay I understand why you include commission for calculation. For example if I use 1% risk then when the trade is losing it'll only cost me exactly 1% on total, not 1% + commission.

For me I find setting commission value useful for take profit, so if I set the take profit pip for x2 then it'll calculate for (2 x SL pip) + pip needed for commission, because if it TP exactly 2 x SL pip then the money would be less than 2x USD risk because of commission. While on the other side I don't mind if the calculation for position size generated is exactly for x% of risk input before/excluding commission.

Can you maybe consider to add something like checkbox/button to enable/disable including commission calculation into initial risk, while maintaining the calculation for take profit as it is?
So if it disabled then the calculation for position size = lot for input risk, instead of input risk + commission amount.
For example if I risk $100 then it'll calculate position size that if stop loss is triggered I'll lose $100 + commission instead of $100 including commission.

My explanation is a bit messy, but hope you understand what I mean.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It doesn't.
Okay I understand why you include commission for calculation. For example if I use 1% risk then when the trade is losing it'll only cost me exactly 1% on total, not 1% + commission.

For me I find setting commission value useful for take profit, so if I set the take profit pip for x2 then it'll calculate for (2 x SL pip) + pip needed for commission, because if it TP exactly 2 x SL pip then the money would be less than 2x USD risk because of commission. While on the other side I don't mind if the calculation for position size generated is exactly for x% of risk input before/excluding commission.

Can you maybe consider to add something like checkbox/button to enable/disable including commission calculation into initial risk, while maintaining the calculation for take profit as it is?
So if it disabled then the calculation for position size = lot for input risk, instead of input risk + commission amount.
For example if I risk $100 then it'll calculate position size that if stop loss is triggered I'll lose $100 + commission instead of $100 including commission.

My explanation is a bit messy, but hope you understand what I mean.
Currently, you can enter commission when you are setting the take-profit, but zero it when you need to execute a trade.

KaiZenWiz

Trader
Oct 10, 2021
Currently, you can enter commission when you are setting the take-profit, but zero it when you need to execute a trade.
Okay understood. Guess I have to use manual steps then.
Thank you very much Enivid for your answers ^^

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
Thank you for this indispensable tool!

I have a question regarding multiple TPs. I usually set TP1 at 80% and TP2 at 20%. Is there any way of specifying this in defaults?

Status
Not open for further replies.