How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, first of all to thank PSC, I think it is a very good and useful tool in Risk Management.
I would like to ask if there is an option, I failed to notice it, that after a certain number of pips is reached, SL comes to a breakeven value.
Thanks in advance and best regards.
Unfortunately, that’s not possible. The PSC is an indicator - it cannot perform trading actions.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
@Enivid in MT5 indicator Could you please make option to switch between "instant" or "Pending" while we click on?. the "Stop limit" is very rare case use.. You can make option to enable "Stop Limit" to show in indicator.

Mio

Trader
Nov 10, 2021
Ok, Position Size Calculator have QuickRisk1 and QuickRisk2, they are really useful. Why not QuickTPMultiplier1 and 2. Also fixed lot, so Default Position Size plus QuickLot1 and 2. To be more complete is possible also to rename QuickRisk1 to Quick%Risk1 and 2 and create the Quick$Risk and 2, so we have more options.

I use the TP Multiplier when I have X% of probability in a certain condition, but when this condition changes and now I have Y% probability I want to change the Multiplier easily, that's why the idea of QuickTPMultiplier, I feel that 3 buttons is enough. Default one, plus QuickTPMultiplier 1 and 2. Minimalistic and simple like QuickRisk1 and 2 buttons. So instead of showing a hole button named "Take Profit x 0.50 " would be just buttons like "Take Profit" "x0.50" "x1.0" "x2". The idea to separate the button is, if I use the "x0.50" and other multipliers buttons it won't lock the take profit, only if select the button "Take Profit", like the current version works.

Default Position Size seems to be an easy feature addition. QuickLot 1 and 2 would be more challenging, but still a really useful and quality of life feature like the current QuickRisk1 and 2 already is. Same idea for Quick$Risk.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when you set a value at "Risk, %", "Risk, USD" or "Position Size" the indicator is intelligent enough to lock the last preference edited. For example, if I set "10000 USD" to "Risk, USD" and modify the SL line position in chart the indicator automatically adjust Position Size to keep near "Risk, USD" requested. Would be really great to keep this feature with the new buttons QuickLot 1 and 2, Quick$Risk 1 and 2, Quick%Risk 1 and 2.

Thank you, really great indicator, simple and effective. Should be default installed with MetaTrader, totally must have.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Enivid in MT5 indicator Could you please make option to switch between "instant" or "Pending" while we click on?. the "Stop limit" is very rare case use.. You can make option to enable "Stop Limit" to show in indicator.
I will consider this, but I am pretty sure that traders who use stop-limit orders will dislike such a change.

Ok, Position Size Calculator have QuickRisk1 and QuickRisk2, they are really useful. Why not QuickTPMultiplier1 and 2. Also fixed lot, so Default Position Size plus QuickLot1 and 2. To be more complete is possible also to rename QuickRisk1 to Quick%Risk1 and 2 and create the Quick$Risk and 2, so we have more options.

I use the TP Multiplier when I have X% of probability in a certain condition, but when this condition changes and now I have Y% probability I want to change the Multiplier easily, that's why the idea of QuickTPMultiplier, I feel that 3 buttons is enough. Default one, plus QuickTPMultiplier 1 and 2. Minimalistic and simple like QuickRisk1 and 2 buttons. So instead of showing a hole button named "Take Profit x 0.50 " would be just buttons like "Take Profit" "x0.50" "x1.0" "x2". The idea to separate the button is, if I use the "x0.50" and other multipliers buttons it won't lock the take profit, only if select the button "Take Profit", like the current version works.

Default Position Size seems to be an easy feature addition. QuickLot 1 and 2 would be more challenging, but still a really useful and quality of life feature like the current QuickRisk1 and 2 already is. Same idea for Quick$Risk.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when you set a value at "Risk, %", "Risk, USD" or "Position Size" the indicator is intelligent enough to lock the last preference edited. For example, if I set "10000 USD" to "Risk, USD" and modify the SL line position in chart the indicator automatically adjust Position Size to keep near "Risk, USD" requested. Would be really great to keep this feature with the new buttons QuickLot 1 and 2, Quick$Risk 1 and 2, Quick%Risk 1 and 2.

Thank you, really great indicator, simple and effective. Should be default installed with MetaTrader, totally must have.
I will give it some thought. Thanks!

Adi1236

Nov 8, 2021
I'm trying to set SL and TP by default but I don't get the value I set on the chart. If you can tell me how to set it

Attachments

• Screenshot_50.png
    Screenshot_50.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 5

patientWolf

Trader
Nov 11, 2021
First of all, I love PSC- thank you to the developers.

I have two feature requests and am not sure if there's a more suitable place for this post, but in the meantime:

1. Please can the live spread be shown on the panel somewhere, so that if I wish to include that in my position sizing, I can. (possibly even with a max spread alert feature?)

2. I would very much appreciate preset 2:1. 3:1 or customer reward-to-risk targets. On the panel, near the 'profit' option, it would be amazing to select an option such as 3:1 (for example) and have the profit level automatically calculated and placed!

Thank you for your consideration!

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
1. Please can the live spread be shown on the panel somewhere, so that if I wish to include that in my position sizing, I can. (possibly even with a max spread alert feature?)
You have to set "ShowSpread" to true.

2. I would very much appreciate preset 2:1. 3:1 or customer reward-to-risk targets. On the panel, near the 'profit' option, it would be amazing to select an option such as 3:1 (for example) and have the profit level automatically calculated and placed!
You can set "TP Multiplier for SL" to your custom ratio.
When you had set that value. Move your SL line then click on the "Take-Profit" Button. You'll see the multiplied TP for your SL.
Also you can set "TPLockedOnSL" to true

Regards

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

edotrader611

Trader
Nov 12, 2021
Hi guys, thanks for this amazing tool, it's a game changer! I'm not so skilled using it and I'm having problems setting partial orders. Once I set up the partials in the script tab and in the main window I see the horizontal lines on the chart indicating my partials but then once I trigger the script to insert the limit order I only see one order in the MT5 Order Operation's window. Then once the order got filled and open up my partials don't work.. It never close them (nor reducing open order size) and it considers only one final TP target. What am I missing here?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi guys, thanks for this amazing tool, it's a game changer! I'm not so skilled using it and I'm having problems setting partial orders. Once I set up the partials in the script tab and in the main window I see the horizontal lines on the chart indicating my partials but then once I trigger the script to insert the limit order I only see one order in the MT5 Order Operation's window. Then once the order got filled and open up my partials don't work.. It never close them (nor reducing open order size) and it considers only one final TP target. What am I missing here?
What was the output in the Experts tab of the Toolbox subwindow after you executed the script?

edotrader611

Trader
Nov 12, 2021
What was the output in the Experts tab of the Toolbox subwindow after you executed the script?
I just did another try on demo account , here is the Output:

2021.11.12 14:18:16.342 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected position size: 0.11.
2021.11.12 14:18:16.348 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected entry level: 114.017.
2021.11.12 14:18:16.349 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected entry type: Instant.
2021.11.12 14:18:16.349 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected stop-loss level: 113.915.
2021.11.12 14:18:16.350 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected take-profit level: 114.060.
2021.11.12 14:18:16.359 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected Multiple TP #1 = 114.06
2021.11.12 14:18:16.366 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected Multiple TP Share #1 = 33
2021.11.12 14:18:16.372 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected Multiple TP #2 = 114.05
2021.11.12 14:18:16.385 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected Multiple TP Share #2 = 33
2021.11.12 14:18:16.408 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected Multiple TP #3 = 114.041
2021.11.12 14:18:16.415 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Detected Multiple TP Share #3 = 33
2021.11.12 14:18:16.446 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Multiple TP volume share sum = 99.0.
2021.11.12 14:18:16.446 PSC-Trader (USDJPY,M5) Netting mode detected. Multiple TPs won't work. Setting one TP at 100% volume.

OH , I see it now. I just set the account to Hedging and now it's working. Nice! Thank you

tgreis

Nov 12, 2021
It would be great if i can set SL, TP und Price via Keyboarad Shortcut. I press S then i get a line to set the SL und T for TakeProfit und P für Pending Price. Clicking and dragging the lines is not really fast.

patientWolf

Trader
Nov 11, 2021
You have to set "ShowSpread" to true.

You can set "TP Multiplier for SL" to your custom ratio.
When you had set that value. Move your SL line then click on the "Take-Profit" Button. You'll see the multiplied TP for your SL.
Also you can set "TPLockedOnSL" to true

Regards
Thank you for your reply; I feel foolish because I never checked which settings were not activated (from the 'Indicators Settings' box )- I assumed what was showing was all there was, but now I see the settings you have mentioned, and I will explore them over the next few days. Thanks again.

Last question- is there a way to have 1/2 profits taken at 1:1 target and the other 1/2 profits at e.g. 2:1? So, the script will split risk into 2 orders?

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Last question- is there a way to have 1/2 profits taken at 1:1 target and the other 1/2 profits at e.g. 2:1? So, the script will split risk into 2 orders?
Yes, just set ScriptTakeProfitsNumber to the number of TPs you want to use. You will then be able to set the TPs as you like, and the script will divide the position size among several trades with those TPs.

patientWolf

Trader
Nov 11, 2021
Yes, just set ScriptTakeProfitsNumber to the number of TPs you want to use. You will then be able to set the TPs as you like, and the script will divide the position size among several trades with those TPs.
Awesome. This tool just gets better! Thank you!

Nov 20, 2021
Screenshot will help to assist.
any way to decrease size of position size calculator dialog size or its fonts size ? instead of minimize. I want all the information on my mt4 instead .. size of calculator is huge for my mt4 charts

Attachments

• 1637593625262.png
    1637593625262.png
    105 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.