How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
It was working till few days back. But now it is not working. In fact I tried on two different computers both giving the same :(. Any help will be really appreciated.

View attachment 17277
Could you please try by removing the indicator from the chart and right click on the chart select Object list. click List All and select all by pressing Ctrl+A then press the Del key. then add the indicator again?.
See your open price EUR is 0.9 and it's very far away. and the TP 1.31 which is look like GBP price :) .

Kind Regards

peterpies

Trader
Mar 18, 2019
Anyway to make the indicator update the take profit line, without having to press the button on the panel.

Between placing a stop loss and take profit, then waiting for price action to trigger an entry, price levels change. The stop loss is a constant and the entry level and position size is detected by the indicator. But the extra step of pressing a panel button before executing the script is frustrating.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Anyway to make the indicator update the take profit line, without having to press the button on the panel.

Between placing a stop loss and take profit, then waiting for price action to trigger an entry, price levels change. The stop loss is a constant and the entry level and position size is detected by the indicator. But the extra step of pressing a panel button before executing the script is frustrating.
You have three options for that:
1. Set UseFixedTPDistance to true. TP will be set in pips and will stay at that pips distance.
2. Set ShowATROptions to true and set TP as a multiple of ATR - it will be updating automatically.
3. Click the Take Profit button to make gray (pressed) and it will follow Entry-SL distance automatically.

peterpies

Trader
Mar 18, 2019
That works. But if you move the stop loss you have to press the TP button again else it uses the previous stop loss position for the calculation.

When the panel is minimized and you are moving the stop loss multiple times a day, pressing the TP button is a pain.

jackrs0

Nov 24, 2020
PSC-Trader sometimes open order without putting SL/TP even there is a value on the script. I checked the log: "PSC-Trader EURUSD M5; Error modifying the order:130".

It was weird that confirmation alert which shows me SL&TP value but order placed without any SL/TP. Is it common error?

v2.32 + ATR is active

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@jackrs0 Seeing the entire log of PSC-Trader output would help, but it looks like EUR/USD uses SYMBOL_TRADE_EXECUTION_MARKET execution type in your trading account. This means that the script cannot set SL/TP directly when opening a position. It should first open the trade without SL/TP and then apply SL/TP by modifying the trade. It attempts to do so automatically. However, if the price changes between the trade opening and its modification, the SL or TP may become invalid (due to MODE_STOPLEVEL proximity), and error 130 is generated.

There are the following ways to avoid this problem:
  • Use wider SL/TP.
  • Switch to an account or instruments with SYMBOL_TRADE_EXECUTION_INSTANT.
  • Find a broker with faster order execution, so there is no delay between opening a trade and its modification to add SL/TP.

• 👍
Reactions: jackrs0

jackrs0

Nov 24, 2020

@Enivid, @EnrichWave

I have been using it +50 orders in demo acc. smoothly but it was an exception. There is nothing wrong with SL/TP level or my broker side.
The problem was even I see on confirmation alert "your SL:XXX TP:YYY", then click OK to execute order, script went through without SL/TP.
Then I tried to solve it by clicking instant/pending or typing manual TP. Didn't work and kept on going without TP event it was saying.
It solved when I change ATR Timeframe. It might be a tiny bug I'll try again to face it .

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

@Enivid, @EnrichWave

I have been using it +50 orders in demo acc. smoothly but it was an exception. There is nothing wrong with SL/TP level or my broker side.
The problem was even I see on confirmation alert "your SL:XXX TP:YYY", then click OK to execute order, script went through without SL/TP.
Then I tried to solve it by clicking instant/pending or typing manual TP. Didn't work and kept on going without TP event it was saying.
It solved when I change ATR Timeframe. It might be a tiny bug I'll try again to face it .
As I have said, it would help to see the entire PSC-Trader log output for that trade.

Anyway, the only case when error 130 can occur is when applied SL/TP is either too close to the current price or too close to the entry level. The fact that the confirmation window displayed SL and TP doesn't play a role here.

2TJV

Trader
Oct 27, 2020
My MT4 has an error!

Any time I open MT4, the indicator doesn't work. It just removes the indicator and the objects (panel, lines, numbers,...) stand right there. I have to delete them and add PSC every single time.... How can I fix this?

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
My MT4 has an error!

Any time I open MT4, the indicator doesn't work. It just removes the indicator and the objects (panel, lines, numbers,...) stand right there. I have to delete them and add PSC every single time.... How can I fix this?
It may be your terminal or any other indicator,Experts removing the Indicator.. Everything works fine as it should be.

Kind Regards.

jirkaf

Trader
Dec 1, 2020
Hi, my PSC suddenly started to open positions on wrong levels - tried deleting stuff related to it in mql4 folder, deleting and reinstalling script and indicator and nothing seems to work. Any ideas what could be the cause of this issue? The lot size calculation seems to be ok though.

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020-12-01 110557.png
    2020-12-01 110557.png
    9 KB · Views: 1

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
My MT4 has an error!

Most likely it is caused by some old objects remaining on the chart (perhaps in template too). What does it show in the Experts tab when this happens?

What you can try:
1. Open a new chart from the Market Watch.
2. Check if it has a PSC indicator already attached (this can happen if you saved PSC to the default template). Remove it if it is there.
3. Press Ctrl+B, click List All and delete all objects.
4. Add a new PSC to the chart.
5. Check what its output in the Experts tab is.
6. Restart the platform and check if it helped. If not, check the Experts tab to look what it outputs there.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, my PSC suddenly started to open positions on wrong levels - tried deleting stuff related to it in mql4 folder, deleting and reinstalling script and indicator and nothing seems to work. Any ideas what could be the cause of this issue? The lot size calculation seems to be ok though.
There are old Entry/SL/TP lines on the chart. Press Ctrl+B on the chart, delete objects called "EntryLine", "StopLossLine", and "TakeProfitLine".

Status
Not open for further replies.