How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Dear @Enivid It seems it sets TP even I check the box "Do not apply take-profit" in script tab.

Kind Regards

PS: I think it's works fine with pending orders. But for the instant orders it sets the TP even If i have selected the "Do not apply take-profit" check box on script tab.
Thank you for reporting! It will be fixed in the next version of the script.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I think it would be better if the label of the lines showed the distance in cash and percentage of the balance.

View attachment 16734
On the second thought, what would be the point of this for a stop-loss line? We calculate position size based on fixed risk %/$, so when SL line is moved, it just updates the position size, keeping the risk size fairly fixed. Though, this might work for the take-profit line. What do you think?

greeeg

Trader
Oct 27, 2020
How do you access trading symbols with ".g" suffix? I opened a demo account with VIBHS, but I only get DE30 and FR40 symbols, not DE30.g or FR40.g. And the calculator seems to be calculating everything correctly for DE30 and FR40. How is your demo server called? What website did you use to open the account?
These are probably special trading terms if you open account with affiliate link for closed traders group (lower spreads etc.).
Normal instruments (without .g suffix) are not available in this account and also are not available on my demo account (there are also .g suffix).
Demo server is VIBHS-Demo, live is VIBHS-Live, I used special link and account was originally opened at VIBHS UK and later transferred to MU (because of higher leverage available there).

regards,
Greg

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Dear @Enivid
When we take order through the script. it takes order then it sets SL, TP,....
Could you please make it as Seting SL, TP, While opening the orders in next release?.

Kind Regards

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Do you mean the same issue that your reported here?
No @Enivid It's not the same. It's different one. When ever we use the PSC script to take orders according the indicator. It didn't open order with SL tp, It takes order then it modify the order SL, TP.

QCH2Vhr.png

Kind Regards

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
No @Enivid It's not the same. It's different one. When ever we use the PSC script to take orders according the indicator. But It didn't open order with SL tp, It takes order then it modify the order SL, TP.

QCH2Vhr.png

Kind Regards
It should be doing that only with a Market execution mode (SYMBOL_TRADE_EXECUTION_MARKET or so-called "ECN execution"). Scripts and EAs aren't allowed to send a market order with SL or TP set in that mode. That's why PSC-Trader first sends an order and then modifies it with an SL and TP.

• 👍
Reactions: kalinych and EnrichWave

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have added a poll to this thread. Now I kindly ask you to vote based on how you are currently using Position Size Calculator. I also urge you to ask your friends and acquaintances who use PSC to vote in that poll. It is very important for the future development of this tool. The results of the poll will be taken into account for deciding the my next steps with it.

Thank you!

• 👍
Reactions: kalinych and EnrichWave

brian23

Nov 3, 2020
Hi, the position size calculator isn't working . The lott sizes are completely wrong. Not sure why?

Check my screenshot for an example - that was with a 100 pip SL.

Thanks

Attachments

• PSC.PNG
    PSC.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 8

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello @envid I got this morning strange thing so it stopped working View attachment 17197
what should I do??
Deleting PSC_NZDUSD_xxxxxxx.txt file in /MQL4/Files should help the issue. It is a bug that appears when switching from multiple TPs to a single TP. It will be fixed in the next release of the Position Size Calculator.

trovach

Trader
Oct 24, 2020
Deleting PSC_NZDUSD_xxxxxxx.txt file in /MQL4/Files should help the issue. It is a bug that appears when switching from multiple TPs to a single TP. It will be fixed in the next release of the Position Size Calculator.
Tnx a lot, it is good that zou know what is the problem and how to solve it, verz usefull indicator/ea or how to call it....keep up the good work

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

malikn1

Trader
Nov 18, 2020
Hi All

First time posting here - can someone help me please??

So i have downloaded the latest version and installed the script and tried on demo - All links and works fine. BUT I have a funny glicth. If i have objects drawn on the charts and delete an object (lets just say a trendline), the SL line from the calculator automatically gets deleted too. Now if i go straight into the panel and enter SL manually it does not reappaear or nothing happens.

I have to close the indicator and open it again for the whole thing to work again...does someone have a solution for this? Ideally would like to have the indicator minimised and go about doing my charts normal rather than having to keep opening and closing it.

Thanks

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Hi All

So i have downloaded the latest version and installed the script and tried on demo - All links and works fine. BUT I have a funny glicth. If i have objects drawn on the charts and delete an object (lets just say a trendline), the SL line from the calculator automatically gets deleted too. Now if i go straight into the panel and enter SL manually it does not reappaear or nothing happens.

I have to close the indicator and open it again for the whole thing to work again...does someone have a solution for this? Ideally would like to have the indicator minimised and go about doing my charts normal rather than having to keep opening and closing it.

Thanks

@malikn1 I think you may delete by pressing "Del" Key (The defeault Del Key function is Delete Selected Object.. So all selected objecte will be deletd...)
you have to delete by selected object by right click and select "Delete"

Kind Regards

PS: You may change options "Line Selected SL, TP, Entry in Pending".. So it'll be easy to you. But most of the time the selected line will be useful for some others.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: kalinych and malikn1

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi All

Thanks
What @EnrichWave said or you can just deselect PSC's lines (by double-clicking them) before deleting anything you'd like to delete and then selecting them again (when you need to move them).

• 👍
Reactions: malikn1

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Dear @Enivid . It's great that you coded like If we click on Take-Profit once it's goes gray and the TP moves automatically moves x time (TP multiplier) according to the SL. What a great effort Enivid. You have great soul man. Live peace, happy, and healthy life.
1605789101354.jpeg

Bluxmn

Trader
Nov 25, 2017
It was working till few days back. But now it is not working. In fact I tried on two different computers both giving the same :(. Any help will be really appreciated.

Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.