How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
oh... I check the Experts tab and see this!

View attachment 17347
Yes, that's a real bug there. Thank you for reporting! If you turn off ShowAdditionalTPLabel it will work. Alternatively, you can replace the line 3349 in PositionSizeCalculator.mqh manually with this line:
MQL4:
if ((ShowAdditionalTPLabel) && (AccSize != 0))

• 👍
Reactions: 2TJV

2TJV

Trader
Oct 27, 2020
Yes, that's a real bug there. Thank you for reporting! If you turn off ShowAdditionalTPLabel it will work. Alternatively, you can replace the line 3349 in PositionSizeCalculator.mqh manually with this line:
MQL4:
if ((ShowAdditionalTPLabel) && (AccSize != 0))
You're welcome! That's my pleasure. I feel great to be able to help you just a little bit with PSC indicator.

Get it! I will replace line 3349.

Thank you so much!

Poker_player

Active Trader
Jul 26, 2017
How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?
Manually because did not try with script. Maybe I should.

I came with question - is the position size calculator having documentation of functions? I am thinking maybe use it on my robot? I could read source code but documentation is better to read. And not sure if it would be hard to use.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Manually because did not try with script. Maybe I should.
Why not? Give it a go. It's much faster than doing it manually.
I came with question - is the position size calculator having documentation of functions? I am thinking maybe use it on my robot? I could read source code but documentation is better to read. And not sure if it would be hard to use.
Unfortunately, no. The closest you get to documentation are the code commentaries there.

• 👍
Reactions: Poker_player

Poker_player

Active Trader
Jul 26, 2017
Why not? Give it a go. It's much faster than doing it manually.

Unfortunately, no. The closest you get to documentation are the code commentaries there.
I did not know exactly about it, saw that there is a script button but did not read much what can I do with it :)
maybe later I should try. Now mainly trading on tradingview.com paper trading because not being profitable and I like that platform because of lot of instruments and bigger fonts than metatrader.

Actually what I am doing is making code to write to csv the loss sizes because the losses by metatrader tester does not make sense and with incorrect results I cannot normally backtest my system. Its weird what I am doing, really unbelievable that platform with 20 years makes wrong calculations of lossess or we do not understand something :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 2.33 of Position Size Calculator released. It fixes bugs reported by @2TJV (division by zero error) and by @Poker_player (incorrect position size, risk, and reward calculation for cases when account currency is the same as the pair's base currency; also, swap rounding bug). Trading script wasn't updated.

• 👍
Reactions: Ben-FX

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
Thanks for the great upgrades mate @Enivid , especially for considering one of my suggestions. May i ask is there any specific reason not including stop button unlike the quick risk?

KaanMustafa

Trader
Dec 14, 2020
Hi There,

Firstly, great tool, thank you and team so much.

I have just updated to new version 2.33 along with most up to date version of the script. However, I am getting an error saying 'Stop-Loss Line not Found!'.
Is this something I've missed or messed with in the settings?

Also, one one TP line is visible when using multiple TP. Again, is this something I've missed to turn on to make TP 2 & 3 visible?

Thanks again.

1607982808532.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for the great upgrades mate @Enivid , especially for considering one of my suggestions. May i ask is there any specific reason not including stop button unlike the quick risk?
First, there is really no place for them (except for MT5 version). Second, while percentage risk values can potentially make sense for virtually any user - the low default values would even stimulate more prudent risk-taking, the pip values for stop-losses would be drammatically different for all traders (with any default value here suggesting some random SL, which is a very dangerous thing to do).

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have just updated to new version 2.33 along with most up to date version of the script. However, I am getting an error saying 'Stop-Loss Line not Found!'.
Is this something I've missed or messed with in the settings?
Could you please show a screenshot of what the Objects List is showing (Ctrl+B)?

Also, one one TP line is visible when using multiple TP. Again, is this something I've missed to turn on to make TP 2 & 3 visible?
No, there is always only one TP line. If you use multiple TPs, you set them manually or using quick buttons.

• 👍
Reactions: KaanMustafa

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
The line should only appear if you have Entry Type switched to StopLimit and should disappear when you switch to Instant or Pending. Does it stay there regardless?
No @Enivid ., Shows only when the Stop Limit.. Great option. Now I understand fully. Thank you so much for such a great effort.

Kind Regards

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
First, there is really no place for them (except for MT5 version). Second, while percentage risk values can potentially make sense for virtually any user - the low default values would even stimulate more prudent risk-taking, the pip values for stop-losses would be drammatically different for all traders (with any default value here suggesting some random SL, which is a very dangerous thing to do).
I see.. however to solve the problem i mentioned on the gif, is there any solution other than writing it manually or looking for the line?

Attachments

• eN4Z8lcpXd.gif
    eN4Z8lcpXd.gif
    219.5 KB · Views: 12

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
I see.. however to solve the problem i mentioned on the gif, is there any solution other than writing it manually or looking for the line?
Press the "Instant" button 2 times. You'll see "Stop Limit" then you'll see the line. (If you use black background it'll be difficult to find the "Stop Limit line" because it's purple color..)

PS: Just use the script to place market orders when the order type "Instant"..

Ben, Could you please share that Spread,Candle time indicator?.

Kind Regards

• 👍

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
Press the "Instant" button 2 times. You'll see "Stop Limit" then you'll see the line. (If you use black background it'll be difficult to find the "Stop Limit line" because it's purple color..)

PS: Just use the script to place market orders when the order type "Instant"..

Ben, Could you please share that Spread,Candle time indicator?.

Kind Regards
I'm using this indicator for so long that I wouldn't even go to the toilet without it lol

Thanks for the suggestion but could not solve my problem (technically its not a prob but still..)

Attachments

• Candle_Time_End_And_Spread.mq4
    2.1 KB · Views: 3
  • candle_time_end_and_spread.mq5
    2.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
No, unfortunately, currently the only solution is to type it in manually or scale the chart's Y axis to pull out the SL line. But I see the problem and I will come with some solution to it.

• 👍
Status
Not open for further replies.