How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
A suggestion.
Before the "PSC-Trader" script opens the order, open a window with the ordering data and requesting confirmation and only after confirming open the order.

Example:

View attachment 16841
I don't think an MQL script can do that kind of modal window confirmation. Did you see any examples of open-source scripts doing that? I would gladly look at how that's done.

redrose

Jan 27, 2020
Which broker and account type is that? I cannot reproduce this bug in my platforms.

@Enivid It's on a mac, mt5, broker is IC Markets and it's a demo which is being used to test the script and calculator.

I have also just tried it on a Windows machine, with the same broker, and get the same issue.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

redrose

Jan 27, 2020
@redrose Thanks! I've found the bug. I will fix it in the next version. Meanwhile, you can just replace lines 84-91 in the PSC-Trader.mq5 file with this line:
MQL5:
   StringReplace(ps, ",", "");
Then recompile. It will do the trick.

@Enivid Nice job on the find! I will give this a go come monday.

And I'd like to say you've done a really good job with this indicator and script.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

redrose

Jan 27, 2020
@Enivid Nice job on the find! I will give this a go come monday.

And I'd like to say you've done a really good job with this indicator and script.

@Enivid I tried deleting 84-91, recompiled it, got 2 errors. I brought back the original code and deleted 88-90 and replaced it with your new line of code, and it compiled. Now i just need to test it in the market.

redrose

Jan 27, 2020
Okay, well it didn't work. I get compiling errors when I delete the original code and replace it with the new line so i'm at a loss here. Could you maybe screenshot your code so I can compare it to mine?

JerryW

Sep 5, 2020
Hi All, I'm new to the forum and I have an error to report on the Position Size Calculator. I've been using it for a week and spotted an error in the formula on the Main Tab concerning the Pip Value. I trade on MT4 and the formula is off by one decimal point. For Example on CADCHF where this screen shot was taken from the Pip Value shows to be $1.16, but when I check it I find it should be $11.63.Untitled 2.jpg

JerryW

Sep 5, 2020
Oh OK. Very understandable. Thanks for the response.
I used the wrong column to figure it out too. I used the Input rather than the Result column and the right amount to display would be $11.61.
Wouldn't it be useful to know what the expected return value per pip is without having to resort to a hand held calculator?
I also see there is no decimal point in the spread being displayed. It should be 7.2, not 72.
These small criticisms aside, you've got one of the best calculators I've come across, thanks for making it available.

zacz

Sep 22, 2020
hi all, the latest version of the position calculator seems to not work on my MT4. I can no longer select between long and short positions....and it also seems the expanded view that allows you to change the ATR values is missing too!

Brait

Trader
Sep 22, 2020
@Enivid you are really a nice guy and your project is splendid. Thanks for making it available.
May I please ask an added function to this already wonderful piece.

1. An option for Partial Take Profits that activate at price levels in relation to the stop loss level. For instance first TP at 30.68% of my original position size at a profit distance= 1.7*SL (that is 170% of stop loss distance from ENTRY). That means if SL is 10pip loss, partial TP will activate(not EXECUTE. request ''2'' below explains) at 17pip gain.
2. Let the partials have a TRAILING function, much like the popular Trailing Take Profit, TTP. This function is now very popular so I assume you are at home with it already.
3. Let there be an option for the Stop Loss to trail in STEP in percentage relation to the original position. Where 100% will be BREAK EVEN, 50% will be half of the original risk, 127% will be 27% locked gain. Of course this STOP LOSS STEP will be activated at my input percentage PRICE DISTANCE in relation to the original STOP LOSS distance from the TRADE ENTRY, as in request ''1'' above.

Thanks @Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hi all, the latest version of the position calculator seems to not work on my MT4. I can no longer select between long and short positions....and it also seems the expanded view that allows you to change the ATR values is missing too!
What happens when you click the Long/Short button near the Entry field?

For the ATR options to appear, you need to set ShowATROptions input to true.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Enivid you are really a nice guy and your project is splendid. Thanks for making it available.
May I please ask an added function to this already wonderful piece.

1. An option for Partial Take Profits that activate at price levels in relation to the stop loss level. For instance first TP at 30.68% of my original position size at a profit distance= 1.7*SL (that is 170% of stop loss distance from ENTRY). That means if SL is 10pip loss, partial TP will activate(not EXECUTE. request ''2'' below explains) at 17pip gain.
2. Let the partials have a TRAILING function, much like the popular Trailing Take Profit, TTP. This function is now very popular so I assume you are at home with it already.
3. Let there be an option for the Stop Loss to trail in STEP in percentage relation to the original position. Where 100% will be BREAK EVEN, 50% will be half of the original risk, 127% will be 27% locked gain. Of course this STOP LOSS STEP will be activated at my input percentage PRICE DISTANCE in relation to the original STOP LOSS distance from the TRADE ENTRY, as in request ''1'' above.

Thanks @Enivid

1. This is achieved via multiple TPs on the Script tab. First, set ScriptTakeProfitsNumber input parameter to the number of trades you want your position to be broken up. Then, set up TPs for each of them via the Script tab.

2/3. PSC is an indicator, it cannot trail SL/TP of open positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.