How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hmmm... are we talking about the same code?
The' if' in line #3403 doesn't even care about the ProfitCalcMode. Attaching a pic to ensure that we both see the same code.View attachment 16766
My bad! The line numeration in my file is different because I've already made some other modifications. It should be added after the line #3401 in your file:
psc-code.png

Sorry for the confusion!

• 👍
Reactions: tom66

digimon

Aug 16, 2020
Hi, when i use it on indices, the calculator is calculating the position size correctly, but when i execute the script, it just executes the trades with position size of 0.20 , and doesn't use whats displayed in the calculator. can you help please? I suspect this could be because of the contract size for indices (1)

thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Did you set max position via the Script tab? Is your calculated position size greater than the maximum position size allowed by the broker for the instrument? In any case, you can find the exact reason of that by looking at the output in the Experts tab after you execute PSC-Trader script.

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
@Enivid im just start to use "FFtraderSRO" mt4 that belongs to FTMO and stop value is disappearing after a while. What might caused that? Never happened before with the other brokers mt4 platforms.

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
@Ben-FX Is it just the line that disappears or does the Stop-Loss value becomes zero? Do this happen after some event or just after some time?
It becomes zero actually and whatever i type in turns into zero again. Didnt notice if its happening before or after the news :I

kantdonothin

Trader
Feb 19, 2020
Hi the Position size calculator when i use the script to enter my trade. It won't place the SL onto my chart. It calculates the trade and does everything perfectly it just doesn't place a SL onto Mt4. Any ideas or fixes?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi the Position size calculator when i use the script to enter my trade. It won't place the SL onto my chart. It calculates the trade and does everything perfectly it just doesn't place a SL onto Mt4. Any ideas or fixes?
Looking at the output in the Experts tab after you execute PSC-Trader script will give you some possible reasons for that.

PaulEamonn

Trader
Aug 24, 2020
Hi all

I've just started using the Position Size Calculator and am really impressed. The problem I have is that I cannot seem to get it to work properly on my laptop. It works fine on my Pc, but on my laptop I get the panel and I can input everything, but I can't make the script work to enter the order.

I am using Ver. 2.31 on MT4.

I'm sure I've installed it correctly, but...... :D

Regards
PaulEamonn

PaulEamonn

Trader
Aug 24, 2020
@PaulEamonn What is the output in the Experts tab when you try to launch the script? Most likely, you have AutoTrading disabled.

Hi Enivid

Which bit of the Experts output do you need? The only bit I can see that may be of interest is the Error Code 133. If you need the rest, is there a way of copy and pasting it into a post?

Regards the AutoTrading tick box in Tools > Options > Expert Adisors - I do have it enabled. When trying to sort this out I compared all the setting to those on my Pc.

Regards
PaulEamonn

Last edited:

PaulEamonn

Trader
Aug 24, 2020
Hi Enivid

Which bit of the Experts output do you need? The only bit I can see that may be of interest is the Error Code 133. If you need the rest, is there a way of copy and pasting it into a post?

Regards the AutoTrading tick box in Tools > Options > Expert Adisors - I do have it enabled. When trying to sort this out I compared all the setting to those on my Pc.

Regards
PaulEamonn

Does this help?

Regards
PaulEamonn

Attachments

• 2020-08-24_17-30-20.png
    2020-08-24_17-30-20.png
    482.3 KB · Views: 1

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Does this help?

Yes, that's the reason. One day I will write an extensive post about MT4 error 133, but here are some reasons why it could be appearing (considering that you actually have AutoTrading enabled):
  • You are logged in using investor password.
  • Your broker doesn't allow trading EAs on this particular symbol.
  • Market you are trying to trade is closed now.
  • You are trading with a US broker and trying to open a "hedging" position (opposite direction trade for the same symbol).
If you can open the trade manually, but not with the script, then it is definitely the second case (broker forbids EA trading with this symbol).

Last edited:

redrose

Jan 27, 2020
Hi guys, I appear to get this error when I try use the trader PSC script.

It happens only when the position size calculator maxes out the broker's own maximum position limit. So I trade stocks and for example, the broker I use has a 10 minimum and 1000 maximum contract size limit. When the SL is dragged to a place that will have the calculator display 1000 in the position size box, and I activate the script, I get this error and no trade is placed.

PHOTO-2020-08-26-19-19-20.jpg

redrose

Jan 27, 2020
@redrose The PSC-Trader script detects position size as 1. Are you sure the panel indicator is showing the size as 1000? Are you sure you are using the latest version of both the script and the indicator?
Hi @Enivid, I appreciate the reply. Here is a screenshot of it. All versions are up to date.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-27 at 20.20.47.jpeg

Nathan.Küster

Master Trader
Apr 28, 2018
Brazil
A suggestion.
Before the "PSC-Trader" script opens the order, open a window with the ordering data and requesting confirmation and only after confirming open the order.

Example:

2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.