How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm having trouble getting mine to work right. I have it fully installed, did the whole compiling of both the indicator and script and when I go about placing a trade with the script, it doesn't work. Not sure what's going on. I've had it work before, but recently got a new machine and had to download and reinstall since I couldn't find my previous version of the indicator. I'm wondering if there was some sort of update since I had last downloaded it and something changed to make it not work. Thanks
Seeing a screenshot of the Experts tab when this "doesn't work" happens would be helpful.

Daleflana

Feb 10, 2020
Hi there, thankyou very much for making this position size calculator.
I have 2 questions - i tried looking for the answer to in the comments but could not find.
I am using the version 2.27 and am wondering where the option to place the trade is (buy and sell - neither option is available)

Also, on my screen sometimes the lines flash, or it shows multiple lines, is this common to see?

Image attached best shows my concern, it is on the main section. (cannot see option to buy or sell, also see multiple linesCapture.PNG

Best regards,
Dale

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I am using the version 2.27 and am wondering where the option to place the trade is (buy and sell - neither option is available)
You cannot place buy or sell trade with Position Size Calculator. It can only display the calculated position size. However, you can use PSC-Trader script to place a trade based on the calculator's output.

Also, on my screen sometimes the lines flash, or it shows multiple lines, is this common to see?

Image attached best shows my concern, it is on the main section. (cannot see option to buy or sell, also see multiple lines
I have never encountered flashing lines with this indicator. The multiple lines displayed on your screenshot are Entry (brown), Stop-Loss (red), and Take-Profit (green). The dash-dot green and red lines are the lines displaying various levels of your open orders, but this isn't related to PSC in any way. The gray line is the chart's current Bid or Ask (and this also has little to do with PSC).

Daleflana

Feb 10, 2020
Thankyou very much for the fast reply.
I have attached the PSC-Trader script to the chart (it flashes in the top right side of the window) but it does not have a display like the position size calculator, nor is it in the indicators or object list.
Just to be clear, i have not used the entry size calculator yet (to buy or sell) any tips on how to open it?
And the penny dropped when you said i have open positions.... i never entered any positions, however yes, there were open positions generated by this position size calculator somehow (as i have not traded recently). I somehow managed to open a 2.77 lot trade and made a profit... (how would i be opening positions? is it with the pending order function on the position size calculator, the one i currently have access to?
Best regards,
Dale

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have attached the PSC-Trader script to the chart (it flashes in the top right side of the window) but it does not have a display like the position size calculator, nor is it in the indicators or object list.
The script works by executing once. It doesn't stay on chart. I recommend reading how it works here:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-indicators/Position-Size-Calculator/#Trading_script
Just to be clear, i have not used the entry size calculator yet (to buy or sell) any tips on how to open it?
What do you mean? It looks like you are already using Position Size Calculator. It just cannot open trades.

And the penny dropped when you said i have open positions.... i never entered any positions, however yes, there were open positions generated by this position size calculator somehow (as i have not traded recently). I somehow managed to open a 2.77 lot trade and made a profit... (how would i be opening positions?
Position Size Calculator is an indicator. It is impossible for an indicator to open trades in MetaTrader. Most likely, the trade has been opened by PSC-Trader script when you launched it.

is it with the pending order function on the position size calculator, the one i currently have access to?
The 'Pending' button you see on the PSC Main tab switches between Instant and Pending order type - it doesn't perform any trading functions.

NickBixy

Trader
Oct 29, 2019
reporting bug -the indicator say Risk is $498.20, but when order is placed the true sl risk is very much higher

MT4 platform
no errors in expert/journal tab
using default settings just changed in code use UseMoneyInsteadOfPercentage=true, and MoneyRisk=500

using free trial account from https://ftmo.com/en/client-area/
broker is FTMO .lmax
three symbols only have this issue they are
GBPNZD,
NZDCAD,
NZDCHF

I Noticed the symbols that have this issue all have this contract specification in common
Tick value = 0.10000
Tick size = 0.00001

2020-02-17_16h13_42.png
2020-02-17_16h19_16.png

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
reporting bug -the indicator say Risk is $498.20, but when order is placed the true sl risk is very much higher

MT4 platform
no errors in expert/journal tab
using default settings just changed in code use UseMoneyInsteadOfPercentage=true, and MoneyRisk=500

using free trial account from https://ftmo.com/en/client-area/
broker is FTMO .lmax
three symbols only have this issue they are
GBPNZD,
NZDCAD,
NZDCHF

I Noticed the symbols that have this issue all have this contract specification in common
Tick value = 0.10000
Tick size = 0.00001

View attachment 15454
View attachment 15455
Did you try switching DisableTickValueAdjustment to true and check if it helps?

• 👍
Reactions: NickBixy

NickBixy

Trader
Oct 29, 2019
Could you please show the screenshot with a trade open, so I could see how off the calculation is?
Also, the screenshot of the Experts tab could help as there would be some output about errors if any occurred.
took screenshot of open trade and expert tab of symbols
GBPNZD,
NZDCAD,
NZDCHF,
NZDUSD-no issue
2020-02-18_04h26_09.png
2020-02-18_04h26_19.png
2020-02-18_04h27_04.png
2020-02-18_04h27_16.png
2020-02-18_04h28_02.png
2020-02-18_04h28_11.png
2020-02-18_04h29_04.png
2020-02-18_04h29_15.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
  • 👍

kantdonothin

Trader
Feb 19, 2020
hello, i downloaded the new version and i cannot switch the psc from buys to sells or the other way around. is that a programming error or how can i fix it on my end

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
with DisableTickValueAdjustment to true
View attachment 15475
View attachment 15476
OK, I've found the culprit here, but I have no idea how to fix it (or if it is fixable at all). The problem is that FTMO's trading server incorrectly reports tick value (MODE_TICKVALUE) to the indicator's code as $1 for GBP/NZD. Whereas it should be about ~$6.3. It is the issue with their trading server, but perhaps it could be circumvented from the client's side, but I don't know how yet. You can try contacting them about the issue (incorrect tick values for non-USD currency pairs) and see if they can fix that on their end.

• 👍

eyekoms

Active Trader
May 21, 2017
Hi!

Since yesterdayI have problems to place orders with PSC+script. I have nothing changed in settings, but no order will be executed.
Here is a screenshot of the journal, I have no idea why there is not SL set although the SL line is set.

1582798943925.png
I already restarted MT4 and also removed and attached the PSC from/to the chart. I also changed the broker's server.
If you need further information, please let know.

Thanks in advance!

eyekoms

Active Trader
May 21, 2017
Thanks for the fast reply. At the moment it works...of course... :rolleyes:
The Experts tab is full with information of another indicator, but no PSC related entries...
I have removed the other indicator and I will post a screenshot when the error occures again.
Connection issue was one of my thoughts too and also that the script will only be executed during a tick, but sometimes there is no tick during seconds where I want to place an order and so after a few seconds the script is timed-out.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for the fast reply. At the moment it works...of course... :rolleyes:
The Experts tab is full with information of another indicator, but no PSC related entries...
I have removed the other indicator and I will post a screenshot when the error occures again.
Connection issue was one of my thoughts too and also that the script will only be executed during a tick, but sometimes there is no tick during seconds where I want to place an order and so after a few seconds the script is timed-out.
If it started working without you reinstalling the platform, it was most likely the server connection issue or some internal problem on the broker's server.

Scripts don't need a tick to execute a trade, but they need a stable connection.

• 👍
Reactions: eyekoms
Status
Not open for further replies.