How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekoms

Active Trader
May 21, 2017
Okay, thanks! I will keep it under observation. It is possible because I have several connection issues (lost connection) during a day and the Ping to the broker's servers is always above 100ms, most of the time about 150ms and higher...

Thanks again!

sutem

Trader
Mar 4, 2020
Thank you for this great calculator, I have been using v.2.22 (MT4) and now updated to V 2.27.(MT4) One thing I found the problem is that some commodities do not work the currency conversion from USD to GBP

I have found this issue, soybean fs, coffee fs, etc (WTI, GOLD seems OK)

Example: Coffee fs

Entry 113.150
stop-loss 111.000
Take-Profit 120.250 ( 3/3 close price)

Position Size Calculator shows Reward. GBP 16.21; but my MT4 shows GBP 20.77

For some reason, that the currency conversion from USD to GBP does not work with Coffee fs (and some other commodities)
Does this issue related with my broker ? or some kind of bug with this indicator? Are their any workaround for this issue?

I really like this indicator, which help me to consider visual R:R instantly with automatic currency conversion. So it would be great if I would be able to fix this issue as well.

sutem

Trader
Mar 4, 2020
Sorry, I have found the answer. Yes now it works fine now. Wow, thank you so much. I should have checked the FAQ more carefully.

Thank you very much again!

(reference)

I am using PSC and the calculation results seem to be somewhat incorrect. How do I fix it?

Try setting DisableTickValueAdjustment to true.

Changelog
2.27 — 2019-11-07

Added DisableTickValueAdjustment input parameter to disable tick value adjustment calculation. It might turn helpful for cases when broker incorrectly reports the symbol's profit currency.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

eyekoms

Active Trader
May 21, 2017
Hi again,

I had the issue with the non executing script again. Now I have a screenshot of the experts-tab. I hope this will help to find out, what the problem is. The ping is about 130ms at the moment and so far no connection problems today.

1583755919520.png

Many thanks in advance!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi again,

I had the issue with the non executing script again. Now I have a screenshot of the experts-tab. I hope this will help to find out, what the problem is. The ping is about 130ms at the moment and so far no connection problems today.

View attachment 15690

Many thanks in advance!
"Common error" is some kind of error that happens either on broker's server or due to the connection between your computer and the broker's server. You can try contacting your broker's support about it, but most likely, the reason lies with the connection.

• 👍
Reactions: eyekoms

eyekoms

Active Trader
May 21, 2017
Okay, thank you very much for the explanation! Now I know the possible problem at least.

pfxi

Trader
Mar 11, 2020
Hi,

When changing the value of risk% or risk in money, the position does not change standing only on 100.00. This is for a real account, when the demo is OK.
Thank'sScreenshot_492.jpg
Here's to 0.10 lots of what are the parameters of loss.

In other instruments, for example, with CAC and DAX, there is no problem, but with DOW, Nasdaq has.

Attachments

• Screenshot_493.jpg
    Screenshot_493.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_494.jpg
    Screenshot_494.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_495.jpg
    Screenshot_495.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,

When changing the value of risk% or risk in money, the position does not change standing only on 100.00. This is for a real account, when the demo is OK.
Thank'sView attachment 15704
Here's to 0.10 lots of what are the parameters of loss.

In other instruments, for example, with CAC and DAX, there is no problem, but with DOW, Nasdaq has.

For the first problem, the reason is that 100 lots is the maximum position size set by your broker. It seems to be achieving only the risk of 5.51 EUR at that maximum position size.

As for the second problem, please try setting UseCFDMultiplier or DisableTickValueAdjustment (or both) to true.

• 👍
Reactions: pfxi

pfxi

Trader
Mar 11, 2020
For the first problem, the reason is that 100 lots is the maximum position size set by your broker. It seems to be achieving only the risk of 5.51 EUR at that maximum position size.

As for the second problem, please try setting UseCFDMultiplier or DisableTickValueAdjustment (or both) to true.

That was the problem:)

Thank you very much.

M.O0319

Mar 19, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for providing great tools.

I will report a problem with PSC.

For PSC version 2.25 or later (version 2.26 and version 2.27),
Symbols that use a different margin currency than the account currency are not calculated correctly.
version2.25 works correctly.

Broker where the problem occurs:AMPGlobalUSD
Demo account(MT5):AMPGlobalUSA-Demo

When executing a PSC-Trader script to place a limit order with a value close to the current value, there is a problem that the market order is issued instead of the limit order.
(For example, in order to avoid slippage, if place a limit order at a value a few points away from last pric, It is ordered by market order. )
(In the case of FX, for example, if USDJPY bid109.211 ask109.213,
set the Buy Limit to 109.209 in PSC,
Executing the script will place a market order at 109.213. )

Anyway, place an limit order using PSC and PSC-Trader script to a value close to the current value, it will be a market order.

Regards,

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
For PSC version 2.25 or later (version 2.26 and version 2.27),
Symbols that use a different margin currency than the account currency are not calculated correctly.
version2.25 works correctly.

Broker where the problem occurs:AMPGlobalUSD
Demo account(MT5):AMPGlobalUSA-Demo

Please try setting UseCFDMultiplier or DisableTickValueAdjustment (or both) to true.

When executing a PSC-Trader script to place a limit order with a value close to the current value, there is a problem that the market order is issued instead of the limit order.
(For example, in order to avoid slippage, if place a limit order at a value a few points away from last pric, It is ordered by market order. )
(In the case of FX, for example, if USDJPY bid109.211 ask109.213,
set the Buy Limit to 109.209 in PSC,
Executing the script will place a market order at 109.213. )

Anyway, place an limit order using PSC and PSC-Trader script to a value close to the current value, it will be a market order.

I would need to see the contents of the Experts tab log after you execute PSC-Trader and this happens.

FxPat

Mar 20, 2020
Thank you for this essential tool.

I have a question : would it be possible to substitute simple average range, instead of ATR?

Mar 30, 2020
Hello, I downloaded both files and the calculator compiled with zero errors and appears in my navigation section. I tried to compile the script but received 64 errors. I attached a couple screenshots. Please advise me as to how I can fix, much appreciation for all that you do!

Attachments

• 2020-03-30 (1).png
    2020-03-30 (1).png
    263.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 2020-03-30.png
    2020-03-30.png
    247.2 KB · Views: 1

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello, I downloaded both files and the calculator compiled with zero errors and appears in my navigation section. I tried to compile the script but received 64 errors. I attached a couple screenshots. Please advise me as to how I can fix, much appreciation for all that you do!

Are you trying to compile the MT5 version of the script in your MT4? Please use the MT4 version (PSC-Trader.mq4).

fxmsuk

Apr 2, 2020
Hello,

Thank you for this indicator :) I am using version 2.27 with MT4 with my fxpro broker. Now when I add the indicator to the GOLD chart, the whole of MT4 becomes unresponsive and not usable. As soon as I remove the indicator from GOLD chart, MT4 starts working fine. This only seems to happen on the GOLD chart, all other charts with the indicator work fine. Any ideas?

Thanks
fxmsuk

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

Thank you for this indicator :) I am using version 2.27 with MT4 with my fxpro broker. Now when I add the indicator to the GOLD chart, the whole of MT4 becomes unresponsive and not usable. As soon as I remove the indicator from GOLD chart, MT4 starts working fine. This only seems to happen on the GOLD chart, all other charts with the indicator work fine. Any ideas?

Thanks
fxmsuk
Which MT4 account type did you use with FxPro? MT4, MT4 Instant, or MT4 Fixed Spreads? What account currency do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.