How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
What broker and account type did you get this on? Was there any output in the Experts tab? Could you also please attach your settings file for this indicator here (.set)?

Did you try switching Order type to Pending and then back to Instant? Does Entry return to that incorrect price level?

CaesarCrypto

Nov 22, 2019
@Enivid

What broker and account type did you get this on? This is a US Server Demo account on FXCM.

Was there any output in the Experts tab? I have no idea, how can I check this?

Could you also please attach your settings file for this indicator here (.set)? It's in attachment.

Did you try switching Order type to Pending and then back to Instant? Yes, I tried this and every other button but that didn't change anything.

Does Entry return to that incorrect price level? The price seems like stuck on that level just like there were even no ticks. I eventually entered this trade manually on FXCM's own portal.

Attachments

• possize.set
    720 bytes · Views: 2

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Was there any output in the Experts tab? I have no idea, how can I check this?
experts.png
Does Entry return to that incorrect price level? The price seems like stuck on that level just like there were even no ticks. I eventually entered this trade manually on FXCM's own portal.
Do you still have this problem? I've just tried the FXCM US Demo account with PSC and your settings and everything seems fine. Perhaps, there was some issue with the broker's data feed and the price didn't get updated correctly?

leweg1

Trader
Jan 19, 2017
Hello Admin,

I have downloaded the files, and placed them in the relevant folders, now i understand i must compile the software to which i have tried but i am getting error messages (please see attached images) i'm not programmer so not sure what to do next, any help is appreciated.

Lewis

Attachments

• compile-error.png
    compile-error.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 4

leweg1

Trader
Jan 19, 2017
@leweg1 Looking at the very first compilation error messages would be more helpful here, but my guess is that either Defines.mqh or PositionSizeCalculator.mqh isn't located in the same subfolder as PositionSizeCalculator.mq4.
Thank you Enivid for your reply,

within the zip i downloaded for MT4 was: defines under MQL5, PSC under MQL4 and PSC under MQL5, i was under the impression MQL5 was for MT5?

Lewis

SkippyTheCan

Trader
May 11, 2019
Hello friends,
first of all, your calculator is just fabulous! It's a real gem, I cannot do without it on Forex.

Today however I tried it on a Russian futures market, via the BCS/MT5. It looks like it does not understand the specs properly and calculates incorrect position size. I'm enclosing the screenshots. Although it's a demo, the futures specs look correct. The UseCFDMultiplier had no effect.

As a side note - perhaps it could be possible to shrink the dialog box width a bit, make it like in the previous versions? it consumes nearly half of the chart :)

Ri.Bcs.Demo.Spec.png Ri.Bcs.Demo.Chart.png

SkippyTheCan

Trader
May 11, 2019
@SkippyTheCan If switching UseCFDMultiplier and DisableTickValueAdjustment doesn't help, please PM me the name of the broker, so I could check what causes the issue.
Yes! DisableTickValueAdjustment have done the trick! I should have scrolled to the bottom in the first place, lazy me lol :D fantastic job, guys. Thank you!

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Misanthropic

Oct 2, 2019
@Misanthropic First, I would suggest updating to 2.27. Then, check if switching UseCFDMultiplier to true helps.

Thank you, it is working now. May i ask what was the problem here? Did you fix this problem in one of the updates or is it that important to keep the calculator on the newest version because otherwise he uses false data or something like that? Also, do i always have to set the CFD multiplier to "true" if i trade CFD´s?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
May i ask what was the problem here?
This depends on whether it srarted to work correctly just after you began using the updated version or when you switched UseCFDMultiplier to true. If it is the former, it is probably some code bug fixed in one of the updates. If it is the latter, then it is the issue with CFD contract specification not set correctly at the broker.

Did you fix this problem in one of the updates or is it that important to keep the calculator on the newest version because otherwise he uses false data or something like that?
I would recommend always using the latest version because it is most likely to contain less calculation errors and account for peculiarities of different brokers.

Also, do i always have to set the CFD multiplier to "true" if i trade CFD´s?
With some brokers and some trading instruments, you do. But with other brokers (or other CFD's at the same broker), you don't. There is really no rule to that. This all depends on how well the brokers adhere to MQL standards when they define the contract specifications and I still haven't found the way to detect it from within the MQL code itself to make it automatic.

CaesarCrypto

Nov 22, 2019
@Enivid
I checked again today and still the same problem.

You can see here that the price in the position size calculator is still at the exact same level as friday.
If it would be a broker problem should this also affect the charts? The on chart price is exactly the same as on the brokers platform and again, no other pairs have this issue only USDCHF.

1574804907499.png

CaesarCrypto

Nov 22, 2019
@Enivid Yes I can interact and change everything in the panel. When I change the SL ont the panel the SL line on chart changes but the price seems stuck at 0.99248.
When I switch to pending and back again to instant nothing changes in the experts panel.

This is the only thing I see about the size calculator in the experts tab:

1574858024955.png

Misanthropic

Oct 2, 2019
This depends on whether it srarted to work correctly just after you began using the updated version or when you switched UseCFDMultiplier to true. If it is the former, it is probably some code bug fixed in one of the updates. If it is the latter, then it is the issue with CFD contract specification not set correctly at the broker.

I would recommend always using the latest version because it is most likely to contain less calculation errors and account for peculiarities of different brokers.

With some brokers and some trading instruments, you do. But with other brokers (or other CFD's at the same broker), you don't. There is really no rule to that. This all depends on how well the brokers adhere to MQL standards when they define the contract specifications and I still haven't found the way to detect it from within the MQL code itself to make it automatic.

Ok thank you. I am using Metatrader 5 with an IC Markets accounts and according to them every stock they have is a CDF product. So i need to test it with every one to find out if i have to change the UseCFDMultiplier to true? I guess the easiest method to find out would be maybe to check if the volume changes when i change my risk for the trade?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I guess the easiest method to find out would be maybe to check if the volume changes when i change my risk for the trade?
This won't help as the volume will change even if UseCFDMultiplier shouldn't be switched to true (unless the CFD's contract size value is 1).

To make things easier for yourself, it is most likely the case that if one CFD at a given broker requires enabling UseCFDMultiplier, then all other CFDs at this broker will require it.

Misanthropic

Oct 2, 2019
This won't help as the volume will change even if UseCFDMultiplier shouldn't be switched to true (unless the CFD's contract size value is 1).

To make things easier for yourself, it is most likely the case that if one CFD at a given broker requires enabling UseCFDMultiplier, then all other CFDs at this broker will require it.

Ok then i will just take some random trades on one test account and see if the numbers makes sense based on the risk i entered on the calculator. thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.