How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi guys I was wondering how do I change the color of the Stop Loss, I went into "Inputs" to try and change it to no luck,
I can't really see the lime green color on my white background. Any help would be much appreciated!
Make sure you are changing the input parameter called "Stop-Loss Line Color" and not some other. It should work fine.

isengoz

Jun 1, 2021
Hi Enivid,

I installed the Position Size Calculator (version 2.37) and PSC-Trader script (version 1.12). I see the indicator on the chart screen, however nothing happens when I execute the script. I'm using MT4 v4.00 build 1335 and the broker have "m" suffix at the end of pairs, i.e. XAUUSDm, GBPUSDm, etc. Can you help about this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• MT4Log.png
    MT4Log.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid,

I installed the Position Size Calculator (version 2.37) and PSC-Trader script (version 1.12). I see the indicator on the chart screen, however nothing happens when I execute the script. I'm using MT4 v4.00 build 1335 and the broker have "m" suffix at the end of pairs, i.e. XAUUSDm, GBPUSDm, etc. Can you help about this? Thanks in advance.
Judging by the error code (4112), it looks like your broker doesn't allow trading with EAs/scripts on this symbol/account.

Last edited:

isengoz

Jun 1, 2021
Judging by the error code (4112), it looks like your broker doesn't allow trading with EAs/scripts on this symbol/account.
Oh I get it. Thanks a lot for getting back to me quickly. In that case, I will try to sort it out with them.

bguerra77

Jun 3, 2021
hello, just to request some guidelines on a problem i am having using the latest PSC and PSC trader script, whenever i open a position it does not open it as intended, for instance, i am opening a short position and it opens a long position with no TP limit. Although on the PSC setup window all the details are filled in , SL and TP. I really enjoy using the script to quickly open my positions, but the constant problem with the incorrect short/buy it´s really a no go situation.
Not sure if there´s any other details i can share, my broker is IC Markets and i have successfully used the script before, at present i am using the latest versions (PSC + Trader Script).

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hello, just to request some guidelines on a problem i am having using the latest PSC and PSC trader script, whenever i open a position it does not open it as intended, for instance, i am opening a short position and it opens a long position with no TP limit. Although on the PSC setup window all the details are filled in , SL and TP. I really enjoy using the script to quickly open my positions, but the constant problem with the incorrect short/buy it´s really a no go situation.
Not sure if there´s any other details i can share, my broker is IC Markets and i have successfully used the script before, at present i am using the latest versions (PSC + Trader Script).
If you upgraded from a previous version of PSC, you might need to see this post with an explanation of how to deal with the problem.

bguerra77

Jun 3, 2021
If you upgraded from a previous version of PSC, you might need to see this post with an explanation of how to deal with the problem.
Hello, I have not upgraded from any version, brand new install on a new setup, on MT5. In any case, there's several instructions mentioned on the referenced post, is it possible to let me know if there's a specific instruction to follow?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello, I have not upgraded from any version, brand new install on a new setup, on MT5. In any case, there's several instructions mentioned on the referenced post, is it possible to let me know if there's a specific instruction to follow?
If you are on a clean install, then that post doesn't apply. Could you please post some screenshots showing the panel before you execute the script, then one showing the trade, and the one showing the messages in the Experts tab after you execute the script? This will help me understand what could be the issue here. Thanks!

bguerra77

Jun 3, 2021
Hello @Enivid , thanks for getting back to me and sorry for my late reply. I will test it once i am about to open a position to confirm if the problem is still happening or not.

mercyj

Jun 16, 2021
Discuss Position Size Calculator indicator (automated Forex calculator of the position size for MetaTrader) in this thread. You can ask any questions about this indicator here.

Update 2019-03-19:
And here is the tutorial video for those struggling to install PSC in their MetaTrader platform:

Do you have a question about Position Size Calculator or PSC-Trader script? Please make sure you read our FAQ first. Thank you!
all of a sudden it just stopped working. I get the error in the terminal journal SCRIP PSC-Trader removed? what should I do?

pc57

Jun 30, 2021
Even though I set different default ATR multipliers for the ST and TP, within a few seconds the TP multiplier automatically reverts to the same number as the SL on the calculator. I tried changing it in the Inputs tab as well as on the calculator itself and had the same result. Please advise. Thank you.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Even though I set different default ATR multipliers for the ST and TP, within a few seconds the TP multiplier automatically reverts to the same number as the SL on the calculator. I tried changing it in the Inputs tab as well as on the calculator itself and had the same result. Please advise. Thank you.
You probably enabled "TP lock on SL" mode by clicking twice on the Take-profit button. You can verify that by checking if the button has dark gray background. Click on it again to "unlock" TP from SL.

pc57

Jun 30, 2021
You probably enabled "TP lock on SL" mode by clicking twice on the Take-profit button. You can verify that by checking if the button has dark gray background. Click on it again to "unlock" TP from SL.
You are correct. Thank you very much!

sno

Jul 6, 2021
Hi, I tried to add the position size calculator indicator to Metatrader 4 which I downloaded for my macbook but it doesn't work. A friend of mine followed the exact same steps as my attempt 1 (below) and it did work out for him.

attempt 1:
I went to "show package content" of the Metatrader application, went to "drive_c", all the way to "indicators" and dragged the position size calculator folder (containing 1 .mq4 and 2 .mqh files) into it without any problems. I refreshed the "indicators" button among navigator in MT4, but the position size calculator indicator won't show up between other built-in indicators. I also tried to restart the MT4 application, but without success.
- method source: https://www.profitf.com/articles/forex-education/how-to-install-indicators-ea-on-mac-apple/

attempt 2:
In MT4 I went to MetaEditor. Now I dragged the 3 files from the position size calculator map from my downloads into MetaEditor, and tried to save it as an indicator in the indicators map. The .mq4 file saves but the two other .mqh files do not. I did find other .mqh files under the "include" tab in the navigator in MetaEditor, so I tried to save the .mqh files there instead, but now the 3 files from the PSC map are separated. I believe this is a problem, however, after saving the .mq4 file, the position size calculator did show up in my navigator after refreshing "indicators", although it contains errors and cannot be dragged onto a chart. If you press compile in MetaEditor I get 100 errors
(2021.07.06 19:23:34.038 cannot open file 'c:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\indicators\PositionSizeCalculator.mq4 (3).lnk.ex4' [2])
- method source:
- source PSC file: https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-indicators/Position-Size-Calculator/#FAQ

Does anyone know how to solve my problem and get the PSC working?
Would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out.

*MacOS big sur version 11.2.3 (20D91)
*metatrader 4 version (dmg file): 4.0.0.1280 (4.0.0.1280)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 2.38 has been released. It includes the following changes:
1. Added possibility to edit the account balance field directly via the panel. (Suggested via GitHub.)
2. Added the CustomBalance input parameter to set account balance via input parameters. (Suggested via GitHub.)
3. Added an input parameter (DefaultTPLockedOnSL) to control the default state of the Take-profit button on the Main tab. (@Napolean)
4. Improved labeling of the DefaultCommission input parameter. (@Michael618)
5. Fixed multiple TP values on the Main tab when UseFixedTPDistance is set to true. (Suggested via GitHub.)
6. Fixed an issue with TP value going too high or too low when switching the chart's symbol. It will now get reset to the DefaultTP input parameter if given, or zero otherwise. (Suggested via GitHub.)
7. Fixed a bug when dragging the stop-loss line or changing the default SL stopped working when UseFixedStopLoss was set to true. (@peterpies)
8. Fixed a glitch that caused the Stop price line to display on top of the panel when switching from Pending to Stop Limit order type in MT5 version.
9. Fixed deleted lines restoration to restore them hidden when necessary. (Reported via email.)
10. Fixed a bug when the panel's position and minimization status got reset after another indicator is added to the chart's main window and the user switches the timeframe or restarts the platform. (Suggested via GitHub.)

Please download and test!

• 👍
Reactions: Ben-FX

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
Great developments as always @Enivid

I wonder what is your opinion about info panel and partial/full close (shortcut or button)?

Attachments

• cTrader_j8tybGbFBx.png
    cTrader_j8tybGbFBx.png
    329.1 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.