How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Warning! Position Size Calculator is now an expert advisor and has a new discussion thread.​

Discuss Position Size Calculator indicator (automated Forex calculator of the position size for MetaTrader) in this thread. You can ask any questions about this indicator here.

Update 2019-03-19:
And here is the tutorial video for those struggling to install PSC in their MetaTrader platform:

Do you have a question about Position Size Calculator or PSC-Trader script? Please make sure you read our FAQ first. Thank you!

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is the symbol called XAUUSD in your Market Watch window? Or are there any extra symbols in the beginning or the end?

What happens when you add indicator? Any messages?

What platform do you use MT4 or MT5?

No1Optimist

Trader
Aug 29, 2012
32 Errors and 1 Warning

I have recently downloaded and installed the PositionSizeCalculator on my FxPro Cyprus MT4 platform, the latest version.

The installation appeared to be correct, however when Compiled in MetaEditor the result was 32 Errors and 1 Warning.

Attached is a screen shot, showing the details.

PositionSizeCalculator, shows up in the Navigator Pane, however I am unable to drag and drop, or otherwise open the indicator on a chart.

I would be grateful for any help in rectifying this problem.

I am sure this is an extremely useful tool for Money Management, when it is functioning as intended.

Roger

Attachments

• MetaEditor 32 Errors 1 Warning for PositionSize Calculator.jpg
    MetaEditor 32 Errors 1 Warning for PositionSize Calculator.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 👍
Reactions: shanku8899

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
For some reason I've never seen your previous post. I can suggest you deleting the indicator file and downloading it again. No such errors appear when I compile it.
It looks like if its code was copy-pasted twice inside the mq4 file.

cinar

Trader
Sep 27, 2012
Is the symbol called XAUUSD in your Market Watch window? Or are there any extra symbols in the beginning or the end?

What happens when you add indicator? Any messages?

What platform do you use MT4 or MT5?

Hi,

I try to use the tool. But it does not work.

I see that My broker has extra symbols at the end of the parity.

How can I use the tool?

Thanks

cinar

Trader
Sep 27, 2012
tool

Hi,

In my broker "-" sybol after the pairs:

EURUSD-

Like that.

And when I attached the tool to the chart:

The ask pcice do not exist and the lot size is 0.0

Thanks for your help.

j2010

Trader
Oct 12, 2012
Hi Envid,

Perhaps you can help me here. Is the figure given (number of lots to trade) given as the number of Standard lots?

cinar

Trader
Sep 27, 2012
gold, silver and oil

Hi,

The indicator works great with pairs but it's not working in gold, silver and oil.

In my broker the sybols of these are like that:

XAUUSD, XAGUSD and OIL.X2

Thanks for your care.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,

The indicator works great with pairs but it's not working in gold, silver and oil.

In my broker the sybols of these are like that:

XAUUSD, XAGUSD and OIL.X2

Thanks for your care.
Please re-download the indicator - I've tried to fix that. I am not sure it will work though, so let me know.

cinar

Trader
Sep 27, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for your care.

I tried all off them. In the screen the ask price does not appear.

But the lot size is appeared but it's wrong.

for example for gold: entry lvl:1760, Sl:1755, Risk:1% and the balance is $1000.

The position size result is:2.01

(avery big lot for the selected risk.)

It has the same results for xagusd, xauusd and oil.

Thanks for your help.

cinar

Trader
Sep 27, 2012
Please re-download again. There was an error in contract size estimation. Let me know if this version works for you.
Hi,

Thanks for your care. It's working now. Only the ask price do not appear in the indicator screen. (at XAUUSD, XAGUSD and OIL.X2). But it's not important, because lot size calculating works.

At last I want to ask that if the calculated risk is lower than my min lot size;what does the indicator show? the min size or 0(if the risk is bigger that my min lot size)

Thanks too much for your help.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for your care. It's working now. Only the ask price do not appear in the indicator screen. (at XAUUSD, XAGUSD and OIL.X2). But it's not important, because lot size calculating works.

The Ask price is shown only when a reference pair is required for position size calculation. Since gold, silver and oil are quoted in USD and your account is, probably, in USD, there is no need for a reference pair.

At last I want to ask that if the calculated risk is lower than my min lot size;what does the indicator show? the min size or 0(if the risk is bigger that my min lot size)

It will show the amount below your min lot size. It will only show zero when it calculates zero or some extremely low amount with too many zeroes after a dot.

Status
Not open for further replies.