How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Any plans to have that as an optional alternate version since I feel like I can leave that setting on if it's only for this indicator?
I can't go the EA route because my funded trading program rules (and even others) do not allow to open orders with EAs.

I wouldn't add DLL calls to PSC. You can hire some coder to implement the button for you (PSC is open-source so anyone can modify it). However, are you sure your program allows you to open trades via a script? As far as I know the mechanics of their (EA's and script's) work is the same and if broker turns off trading via EAs, scripts are also affected.

Dunious

Trader
Aug 8, 2020
I wouldn't add DLL calls to PSC. You can hire some coder to implement the button for you (PSC is open-source so anyone can modify it). However, are you sure your program allows you to open trades via a script? As far as I know the mechanics of their (EA's and script's) work is the same and if broker turns off trading via EAs, scripts are also affected.
My bad. Just came back from customer support who were luckily very kind and patient enough to check into fine detail concerning risk calculator EAs and they said it's totally fine to use in the programme. Only regular trading robots/EAs are not allowed. Risk Calculator EAs are A-Ok.

mehranmanz

Aug 9, 2020
hi,i want to change the decimal places in position size output from 2 to 3 ,for example it gives me (position size 1.125). what should i do??

Vic124

Trader
Aug 11, 2020
Please fix this bug.
When trading something like Sugar the PSC plots the blue Entry line way above as you can see in the image attached below. Not sure why.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    486.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

tom66

Trader
Mar 30, 2019
Hi there!
In the last version (2.31, MT4) are 2 things i don't know how to handle:

- The maybe easy one: i use the SL & TP via ATR, not with fixed points, but so the TP is always 0.00 and no TP-line is shown until i press the TP-button (If the TP is set in points, it appears immediately). So i'm wondering, if i have overlooked a setting there?

- The other point is more difficult: In the DAX (GE30)-chart, there is never a reward shown in the right column. But it works in all other Asset-Charts, like WS30, EURUSD, etc. I've already tried to delete all the files saved by PSC, closed the chart, closed MT4, etc., it never works just for GE30.
PSC-reward-calc.png

Would be great, if someone could help out with at least the first point.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
- The maybe easy one: i use the SL & TP via ATR, not with fixed points, but so the TP is always 0.00 and no TP-line is shown until i press the TP-button (If the TP is set in points, it appears immediately). So i'm wondering, if i have overlooked a setting there?

To add TP when in ATR mode, you need to either press a TP button, set some TP price level, or set some TP ATR multiplier.

- The other point is more difficult: In the DAX (GE30)-chart, there is never a reward shown in the right column. But it works in all other Asset-Charts, like WS30, EURUSD, etc. I've already tried to delete all the files saved by PSC, closed the chart, closed MT4, etc., it never works just for GE30.

That's most likely some bug. But I would need to know which broker is that to try to fix it.

• 👍
Reactions: tom66

tom66

Trader
Mar 30, 2019
Many thanks for your fast answer!
To add TP when in ATR mode, you need to either press a TP button, set some TP price level, or set some TP ATR multiplier.
Thank's i've set the TP ATR multiplier, but didn't view the ATR-options (should be just initial-values. But setting the ShowATROptions = true; did the trick :)
That's most likely some bug. But I would need to know which broker is that to try to fix it.
My Broker is LCG.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
My Broker is LCG.
I've found the bug. It will be fixed in the next version of PSC. If you want a fix for it now, you can just edit PositionSizeCalculator.mqh and add this line after line #3406:
MQL4:
      UnitCost_reward = UnitCost;
That should do the trick (after you recompile PositionSizeCalculator.mq4).

tom66

Trader
Mar 30, 2019
I've found the bug. It will be fixed in the next version of PSC. If you want a fix for it now, you can just edit PositionSizeCalculator.mqh and add this line after line #3406:
MQL4:
      UnitCost_reward = UnitCost;
That should do the trick (after you recompile PositionSizeCalculator.mq4).
Wow, that was fast ;) But unfortunately, that doesn't help :(
My ProfitCalcMode == 1 and the ProfitCurrency == account_currency , so the line #3406 doesn't get executed.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Wow, that was fast ;) But unfortunately, that doesn't help :(
My ProfitCalcMode == 1 and the ProfitCurrency == account_currency , so the line #3406 doesn't get executed.
ProfitCalcMode == 1 is enough to trigger that condition. ProfitCurrency != account_currency is only relevant when ProfitCalcMode == 2, so the line does get executed. Are you sure you recompiled after saving the changes? It did help when I tested this with a euro LCG account.

tom66

Trader
Mar 30, 2019
ProfitCalcMode == 1 is enough to trigger that condition. ProfitCurrency != account_currency is only relevant when ProfitCalcMode == 2, so the line does get executed. Are you sure you recompiled after saving the changes? It did help when I tested this with a euro LCG account.
Hmmm... are we talking about the same code?
The' if' in line #3403 doesn't even care about the ProfitCalcMode. Attaching a pic to ensure that we both see the same code.PSC-reward-calc_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.