How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nima986

Trader
Jan 20, 2020
It looks like your MT5 installation lacks the standard library files (MQL5\Include\Controls\Button.mqh, MQL5\Include\Controls\Dialog.mqh and so on). They should be installing automatically with the platform. You can try downloading and installing MT5 from some other place (Metaquotes for example) and copy those include files over if reinstalling your broker's MT5 doesn't help.

Thanks.Great it works:D
But, my another issue is the following, picture, as you see the yellow line (pips) is very differ from to the red line(1367 and 258).
In other words, should not be the same those values ?
until yesterday, anything was perfect, but today such a problem happened.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200410_204316.jpg
    IMG_20200410_204316.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 8

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks.Great it works:D
But, my another issue is the following, picture, as you see the yellow line (pips) is very differ from to the red line(1367 and 258).
In other words, should not be the same those values ?
until yesterday, anything was perfect, but today such a problem happened.

What is the problem? The indicator lines can be moved wherever you want.

The Thor

Trader
Apr 23, 2020
Australia
Discuss Position Size Calculator indicator (automated Forex calculator of the position size for MetaTrader) in this thread. You can ask any questions about this indicator here.

Update 2019-03-19:
And here is the tutorial video for those struggling to install PSC in their MetaTrader platform:

Hi there,

I'm trying to install the indicator however it doesn't work because there are more than 100 errors in the script please can anyone help me.Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi there,

I'm trying to install the indicator however it doesn't work because there are more than 100 errors in the script please can anyone help me.View attachment 16050View attachment 16051
I would need to see the top of the Errors log output to see the first errors and understand the reasons for them. Please scroll to the top and make a new screenshot. Thanks!

PS: The most likely cause is that either PositionSizeCalculator.mqh or Defines.mqh (or both) are missing from the same folder where PositionSizeCalculator.mq4 is located. However, that has to be checked.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The issue is sorted thanks for replying.
can you please add a button for long and short because if I input tp or sl it's only projection long trades. if you could add a button that could chnage the direction of TP and SL that will help.View attachment 16053
If you move the SL line above the Entry line, it will be a short entry (by the way, it looks like it is the case in your screenshot). If you move it to below the Entry line, it will be a long trade.

Rosco

Trader
Apr 28, 2020
Good afternoon from Bonnie Scotland.

I have installed PSC v2.27 on FXCM MT4. On first glance all was well but it is now throwing up anomalies when calculating ATR derived TP on all pairs except EURGBP, AUDJPY and EURNZD. I have selected ATR SL at 1.5 and TP at 1.0. It is calculating massive TP levels.
When I install on a bare chart all is well, it is only when I have other indicators that the fault appears.
Any clues as to what is going on?
Ross

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Good afternoon from Bonnie Scotland.

I have installed PSC v2.27 on FXCM MT4. On first glance all was well but it is now throwing up anomalies when calculating ATR derived TP on all pairs except EURGBP, AUDJPY and EURNZD. I have selected ATR SL at 1.5 and TP at 1.0. It is calculating massive TP levels.
When I install on a bare chart all is well, it is only when I have other indicators that the fault appears.
Any clues as to what is going on?
Ross
Could you please provide the following:
1. A screenshot showing both the problem on the chart and the contents of the Experts tab of the Terminal subwindow.
2. A settings files with the input parameters you have used.
3. A list of indicators that you had applied to the chart when the problem appeared.
Thanks!

I've tried to attach PSC to EUR/GBP with ATR SL and TP and it worked fine.

Rosco

Trader
Apr 28, 2020
Morning,
On further investigation cycling Hide/Show lines refreshes the chart and all seems well.
Ross

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
Couldnt understand why this is happening but when i open "previus daily open line" indicator with PSC, opening lines dont stay behind the bars

Attachments

• Ek Açıklama 2020-05-01 181541.png
    Ek Açıklama 2020-05-01 181541.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Ek Açıklama 2020-05-01 181636.png
    Ek Açıklama 2020-05-01 181636.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Couldnt understand why this is happening but when i open "previus daily open line" indicator with PSC, opening lines dont stay behind the bars
This happens because PSC sets charts as background so its own panel displays as foreground. But this also brings to the foreground all other indicator lines.

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
Works but when im changing the timeframe it turns as it before ??

I guess PSC unticks the "chart on foreground" while page refreshing

Last edited:

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
Hi Enivid,

The Ignore orders without stop-loss/take-profit doesn't seem to be working. when i checked it. I am unable to open a position and still getting alert to place a stop-loss.

If i understand correct, this feature should allow traders to enter a position without stop loss/take-profit, correct?

Thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The Ignore orders without stop-loss/take-profit doesn't seem to be working. when i checked it. I am unable to open a position and still getting alert to place a stop-loss.

If i understand correct, this feature should allow traders to enter a position without stop loss/take-profit, correct?

No, the purpose of the Ignore orders without stop-loss/take-profit checkbox on the Risk tab is to ignore the orders without SL/TP in calculation of the potential portfolio risk and reward. It has nothing to do with order execution.

What to do you mean by being "unable to open a position and still getting alert to place a stop-loss"? Are you trying to execute a trade with the PSC-Trader script? What's the exact error message you get?

You can set TP to 0 to open a trade without a TP. You would need to open a position with some SL and then remove it manually, if you don't want a stop-loos. However, be mindful that this defeats the entire purpose of the Position Size Calculator.

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
No, the purpose of the Ignore orders without stop-loss/take-profit checkbox on the Risk tab is to ignore the orders without SL/TP in calculation of the potential portfolio risk and reward. It has nothing to do with order execution.

What to do you mean by being "unable to open a position and still getting alert to place a stop-loss"? Are you trying to execute a trade with the PSC-Trader script? What's the exact error message you get?

You can set TP to 0 to open a trade without a TP. You would need to open a position with some SL and then remove it manually, if you don't want a stop-loos. However, be mindful that this defeats the entire purpose of the Position Size Calculator.

Ok. i understand now. I was confused. English is not my first language. So it has nothing to do with execution, only calculation of risk/reward.

Do consider adding a feature that allows one to execute orders without TP/SL. I'm using PSC to quickly calculate the lot size requires for the TP and SL level, but i normally remove the TP/SL manually after that to run a EA for hidden SL/TL. Would be great if there is a check option to place the order without the hard TP/SL.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Do consider adding a feature that allows one to execute orders without TP/SL. I'm using PSC to quickly calculate the lot size requires for the TP and SL level, but i normally remove the TP/SL manually after that to run a EA for hidden SL/TL. Would be great if there is a check option to place the order without the hard TP/SL.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will consider adding it in the next version of PSC.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Position Size Calculator has been updated to version 2.28 today. PSC-Trader script has been updated to version 1.07.

The biggest change is how the pip value and the resulting position size, potential portfolio risk/reward, margin, and swap values are calculated. This should make everything more accurate and simpler. This is a highly experimental change, so any feedback is very welcome.

Also, the new version adds Script tab fields requested by @Napolean. Added some other minor features requested via our blog.

The new version is also available on Github.

I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions and bug reports!

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Ben-FX
Status
Not open for further replies.