How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
OK, I have been able to test PSC with ActivTrades broker and this trading instrument (CPG.UK). The only sane explanation I have is that the contract specification is filled incorrectly by the broker. The specification says that the tick value is 0.0001, which is exactly 100 times lower than the factual tick value for this CFD. @Danielmoaz, could you please contact ActivTrades (if you hold a live account with them) and ask their support about why the tick value is stated as 0.0001 in the CPG.UK contract specification?

bxy

Trader
Jan 24, 2018
My ver.2.12 have next panel (image) It is good?

Attachments

• panel.JPG
    panel.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 13

aitvariux

Trader
Feb 15, 2018
Hi, the instant order doesnt fill the stop loss and the take profit. Only pendings orders are fully operational.

Poker_player

Active Trader
Jul 26, 2017
it does not work for MT5 :( I was trying probably half hour to put in various folders, in and out of PositionSizeCalculator folder, does not work :( I need to sleep bd set some orders first but have to spend half hour and cannot make it work :( how can this be? Is it not correct folder:

C:\Users\Darius\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\15D1712A4B78B6A6447C65CE068C083F\MQL5\Indicators

I have done FIle > open data folder

one of file ending is mq5 so it is for mt5. I restarted million times MT5.
MT5 version 5.00 build 1755

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
You need to put all three files (Defines.mqh, PositionSizeCalculator.mq5, and PositionSizeCalculator.mqh) into C:\Users\Darius\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\15D1712A4B78B6A6447C65CE068C083F\MQL5\Indicators.

Mark Cris

Trader
Apr 9, 2018
Hello I have question about the trading script of PCS Trader it is not working when i clicked. No changes or action happen when i set my Position size calculator properly but when i excute my script PCS trader nothing happens.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello I have question about the trading script of PCS Trader it is not working when i clicked. No changes or action happen when i set my Position size calculator properly but when i excute my script PCS trader nothing happens.

What does it output in the Experts tab of the terminal when you execute the script?

gejstof

Apr 17, 2018
Thank you very much for this indicator, I use it all the time and have done for the last couple of years. And great site overall!

Mark, have you made sure 'Autotrading' in the toolbar is activated? This is necessary for the script to work.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Hello @Enivid It's really great help to people. have wonderful life. I would like to download version 1.15 ( asking older version to understand the exactly what it does). May I have that?

Thanks

Last edited:

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Thank you buddy, I heard from my friend that you are blocking members who using VPN's (saying multiple accounts).One of my best friend told me. He was great in helping tendency. I'm using his advice for trading who is being most successful. He was here. and I know well there is no need to him to use multiple accounts. but he got banned. I hope you'll consider to remove these kind of technical issues.

Thankfully

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Position Size Calculator indicator has been updated to version 2.14. It adds the mode to set SL and TP as distance to the Entry line, which allows SL/TP to follow the line as the price updates. The new version also fixes a minor bug with reward calculation.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

ceds

May 31, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this community, and the PSC V2.14 indicator is what brought me here. I have a question regarding the indicator. I'm trading on .BrentCrude on JFD MT5, and trying to use the PSC indicator to calculate position size. The calculated position size is incorrect. I think it is out by a factor of 100.

Are there specific symbols where the PSC indicator will not work? If not, any idea where I can start troubleshooting?

Thanks for your help

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@ceds, Thank you for reporting! I have just checked the indicator with JFD MT5 demo platform on .BrentCrude symbol and it appears that the broker's contract specification contains an error:

contract-spec.png

It lists the value of one tick (point) of 1 lot of .BrentCrude as $1. This is clearly not true. Considering that it is a CFD instrument, the tick value should be set to 0.001 in this case. You could try contacting your broker about this issue. The Position Size Calculator indicator gets all data for its calculations from the broker's server and cannot detect error entries there.

ceds

May 31, 2018
@ceds, Thank you for reporting! I have just checked the indicator with JFD MT5 demo platform on .BrentCrude symbol and it appears that the broker's contract specification contains an error:

View attachment 12780

It lists the value of one tick (point) of 1 lot of .BrentCrude as $1. This is clearly not true. Considering that it is a CFD instrument, the tick value should be set to 0.001 in this case. You could try contacting your broker about this issue. The Position Size Calculator indicator gets all data for its calculations from the broker's server and cannot detect error entries there.

Thanks man, that is shocking. Cannot believe a broker with such volume make mistakes like that. I'll contact them and see what they have to say. Thanks for your help, appreciate!

UPDATE

See below for reply from their support:

Respect of your query, we would like to kindly inform you, that we made a full investigation of the case. Please be informed, that the difference in the value is due to the specifics of the MT5+ platform. This modification is needed, in order to properly and equally functioning of the symbol in the MT5+ platform, as MT4+. Despite the difference in the value, we would like to inform you, that the symbol “.BrentCrude” is working properly and correctly on both platforms (MT4+ and MT5+). All calculations in MT5+ are the same and equally as the calculations in MT4+.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.