Position Size Calculator

Discussion in 'MetaTrader Indicators' started by Enivid, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Danielmoaz

Danielmoaz Newbie

No worries. Merry xmas if you celebrate them and thank you for your help :D

Daniel

2. Enivid

Enivid Administrator Staff Member

OK, I have been able to test PSC with ActivTrades broker and this trading instrument (CPG.UK). The only sane explanation I have is that the contract specification is filled incorrectly by the broker. The specification says that the tick value is 0.0001, which is exactly 100 times lower than the factual tick value for this CFD. @Danielmoaz, could you please contact ActivTrades (if you hold a live account with them) and ask their support about why the tick value is stated as 0.0001 in the CPG.UK contract specification?

3. bxy

bxy Trader

My ver.2.12 have next panel (image) It is good?

Attached Files:

4. Enivid

It looks like you are using the legacy version (<2.00), not 2.12. Please make sure that you are download, installing, and attaching the right files.

5. aitvariux

aitvariux Trader

Hi, the instant order doesnt fill the stop loss and the take profit. Only pendings orders are fully operational.

6. Enivid

Do you mean the PSC-Trader script? What does it output into the Experts tab when you launch it for an instant order?

7. Enivid

Position Size Calculator indicator has been updated to version 2.13. It fixes price adjustment formula for CFDs when the profit currency is different from the account currency.

8. Poker_player

Poker_player Newbie

it does not work for MT5 :( I was trying probably half hour to put in various folders, in and out of PositionSizeCalculator folder, does not work :( I need to sleep bd set some orders first but have to spend half hour and cannot make it work :( how can this be? Is it not correct folder:

C:\Users\Darius\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\15D1712A4B78B6A6447C65CE068C083F\MQL5\Indicators

I have done FIle > open data folder

one of file ending is mq5 so it is for mt5. I restarted million times MT5.
    MT5 version 5.00 build 1755

9. Enivid

You need to put all three files (Defines.mqh, PositionSizeCalculator.mq5, and PositionSizeCalculator.mqh) into C:\Users\Darius\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\15D1712A4B78B6A6447C65CE068C083F\MQL5\Indicators.

10. Mark Cris

Mark Cris Trader

Hello I have question about the trading script of PCS Trader it is not working when i clicked. No changes or action happen when i set my Position size calculator properly but when i excute my script PCS trader nothing happens.

11. Enivid

What does it output in the Experts tab of the terminal when you execute the script?

12. gejstof

gejstof Newbie

Thank you very much for this indicator, I use it all the time and have done for the last couple of years. And great site overall!

Mark, have you made sure 'Autotrading' in the toolbar is activated? This is necessary for the script to work.

Enivid likes this.
  13. EnrichWave

EnrichWave Trader

Hello @Enivid It's really great help to people. have wonderful life. I would like to download version 1.15 ( asking older version to understand the exactly what it does). May I have that?

Thanks

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  14. Enivid

No, sorry. I do not have version 1.15 anymore. You can download version 1.16 from this post.

EnrichWave likes this.
  15. EnrichWave

EnrichWave Trader

Thank you buddy, I heard from my friend that you are blocking members who using VPN's (saying multiple accounts).One of my best friend told me. He was great in helping tendency. I'm using his advice for trading who is being most successful. He was here. and I know well there is no need to him to use multiple accounts. but he got banned. I hope you'll consider to remove these kind of technical issues.

Thankfully

16. Enivid

Position Size Calculator indicator has been updated to version 2.14. It adds the mode to set SL and TP as distance to the Entry line, which allows SL/TP to follow the line as the price updates. The new version also fixes a minor bug with reward calculation.

EnrichWave likes this.
  17. EnrichWave

EnrichWave Trader

hats off you, one day (in the middle of 2019) you'll get great donation for these kind of excellent helps.

18. ceds

ceds Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this community, and the PSC V2.14 indicator is what brought me here. I have a question regarding the indicator. I'm trading on .BrentCrude on JFD MT5, and trying to use the PSC indicator to calculate position size. The calculated position size is incorrect. I think it is out by a factor of 100.

Are there specific symbols where the PSC indicator will not work? If not, any idea where I can start troubleshooting?

Thanks for your help

19. Enivid

@ceds, Thank you for reporting! I have just checked the indicator with JFD MT5 demo platform on .BrentCrude symbol and it appears that the broker's contract specification contains an error:

contract-spec.png

It lists the value of one tick (point) of 1 lot of .BrentCrude as $1. This is clearly not true. Considering that it is a CFD instrument, the tick value should be set to 0.001 in this case. You could try contacting your broker about this issue. The Position Size Calculator indicator gets all data for its calculations from the broker's server and cannot detect error entries there.

20. ceds

ceds Newbie

Thanks man, that is shocking. Cannot believe a broker with such volume make mistakes like that. I'll contact them and see what they have to say. Thanks for your help, appreciate!

UPDATE

See below for reply from their support:

Last edited: May 31, 2018