How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armagedoom

Trader
Nov 27, 2012
Hey, its me again, just was wondering, is the indicator suposed to work well also with NQ100?
When I attach it to the chart it fails to detect proper currency pip, and the marketwatch is set to show all.

The exact symbol is:

_NQ100
Alpari broker.
Thanks.

Armagedoom

Trader
Nov 27, 2012
It says:
"Try adding all the available currency pairs to Market Watch."
"Failed to detect a valid currency pair for pip valuation"
Thanks again :)

Armagedoom

Trader
Nov 27, 2012
Sry I wanted to add that same thing happens for this another pair:
USDNOK
USDSGD
The indicator will give me a lot size but its far much more than what it should be (100 times or so).
For the rest of the exotic pairs work perfectly :)

Is there an easy way for me to add new pairs instead of having to bother you?
Ie would you post the lines you edited to fix it so I can learn how to add those new pairs whenever I find one like that? (Just if it doesnt supose much time for you to do that)
I would love to know which lines are you editing to be able to add the new pairs.

Thanks!

Armagedoom

Trader
Nov 27, 2012
My account is EUR, perhaphs thats what is causing the problem.
I downloaded and installed the latest version, tested it, and still doesnt work, but also lost the automatic placement of entryline (stoploss still works, will be placed when I load the indicator). Perhaphs has something to do with being in weekend, I will try again and confirm tomorrow during trading hours.
Thank you!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
If your account currency is EUR and you do not have EURNOK or EURSGD pairs, then it is impossible for the indicator to calculate the position size. I might be able to make it use two pairs (e.g. USDNOK + EURUSD) in such cases, but I am not sure that it will work.

Regarding "_NQ100". Is it quoted in USD or EUR?

Armagedoom

Trader
Nov 27, 2012
Another thing, I just attached the indi to chart:
USDSGD and it gives me the same error/alert but it will calculate the lots correctly (or pretty pretty close)
I understand Im being a bit heavy here and would understand if you wouldnt want to support anymore, Im pretty thankful already and I damn love this indi hehe..
Thanks!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
You can try the following fix for NQ100. Add this line:
MQL4:
   if (Symbol() == "_NQ100") ReferencePair = "EURUSD";
right after this one:
MQL4:
ReferencePair = PairPrefix + AccountCurrency() + QuoteCurrency + PairPostfix;
and recompile it (or restart the platform).

Let me know if it works.

Last edited:

Armagedoom

Trader
Nov 27, 2012
Hey, did you try to use this command?

AUX_TICKVALUE=MarketInfo(Pair(),MODE_TICKVALUE);

And then:

AUX_LOTSIZE01 = RISKINMONEY/(AUX_TICKVALUE*PRICEDIFERENCE/AUX_TICKSIZE);

And im getting the same results as with your indicator, but looks like it also works with every pair, although I am still testing.
Thank you for all your help!

Armagedoom

Trader
Nov 27, 2012
Hey Im very glad it helped :)
Have a look at the rest of properties on that category because they are very useful.
Thanks for updating.

nobitacu

Active Trader
Jul 17, 2013
This no longer works with newest MT4 versions for awhile now... anyway to fix this? i miss the ease of use directly from my charts, thanks.

nobitacu

Active Trader
Jul 17, 2013
I have just tried it in MT4 Build 509 and it worked. What exactly is not working for you?

That's odd... For some odd reason, the values never come out right. For example on this screenshot, I put it on Cable, entered the value for cable, but it always defaulted to EURUSD and at odd maybe random numbers.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.4 KB · Views: 16

nobitacu

Active Trader
Jul 17, 2013
I have just tried it in MT4 Build 509 and it worked. What exactly is not working for you?

Forgot to note, I'm using Windows 8, and for MT4, I'm using ATC Broker's MT4, newest version 509. Maybe it's because of Windows 8, no idea. It just hasn't worked correctly for me for awhile now.

nobitacu

Active Trader
Jul 17, 2013
So, you say that you add it to GBP/USD at 1.51306 and 1.50224 and it resets to 1.30167 and 1.29781? That's odd... I cannot recreate this behavior.

Yea, I'm not sure why it's doing this too, even if I don't enter any value, it would still pop up values anyway. I'm guessing I might need to try reinstalling the MT4 and then try again to see if that fixes it. Using the site to calculate the correct lot size is a pain, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.