How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi @Enivid

I'm having some problem executing the trade from PSC. Attached is the screenshot. Any idea why it can't go through?

View attachment 18876

On another platform i'm getting the following error

View attachment 18879
Error 128 means that the server didn't respond in time - there is either some connection problem between you and the server, or the trading server is too busy. In any case, you could try executing it again until it goes through.

Error 133 means that trading is disabled for this instrument - either completely or for expert advisors (there are brokers that forbid EA trading on some accounts/instruments even if autotrading is enabled).

ThePayer

Trader
May 14, 2020
Click on the Instant button. You can now move the entry line.
Yeah thanks, just at the second found out that if I double clicked the entry line, I could move it (also when using pending order). I should have checked better before asking, sorry.

ThePayer

Trader
May 14, 2020
Is there any plan to add input fields for SL/TP in Pips? There is some space on the right next to the price input fields :)
Really good tool ❤

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there any plan to add input fields for SL/TP in Pips? There is some space on the right next to the price input fields :)
Really good tool ❤
If you switch UseFixedTPDistance and UseFixedTPDistance to true, you will have the fields in pips. Pip values are also shown by default (if you didn't switch ShowLineLabels to false) near the SL/TP lines.

• 👍
Reactions: ThePayer

sveny11

Trader
Aug 5, 2021
Dear members, i would love to use this tool on my Imac. I used it on my macbook before and it works fine. However, i cant figure out how to install the latest version on my mt5 on Imac. Can someone help me please?

Help would be much appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance.

ahadyekta

Trader
Aug 9, 2021
Hi, I`m using MT5 when I run the PSC-trader script , it shows this error :
PSC-Trader (US30,H4) CTrade::OrderSend: buy limit 0.10 US30 at 34871.63 sl: 34765.95 tp: 35196.92 [unknown retcode 10044]

PSC-Trader (US30,H4) Error sending order: unknown retcode 10044.
Can somebody help me?

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Dear @Enivid
The Subtract open positions volume, and Subtract pending orders volume not working correctly If we use Max Position size lot 0.10

For example in script tab set the Max position size lot 0.10. and tick the both options (Subtract open positions vol & Subtract pending order volume). Now set the Position size to 0.02 in margin tab and place order or pending orders with script..

Kind Regards

PS: And Kindly make tick option to set the lot size limit "including all instrument" or "per instrument".

Last edited:

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
If we set the "Max position size" to 0.10 and we place order 0.02 by script it may take only 5 orders (5 * 0.02 = 0.10). and If there is option to select Lot size limit for "All instrument", "Per Instrument" will be grateful.

So if we are in All instrument mode we can take 0.03 in EURUSD, 0.05 in GBPUSD, 0.02 in GBPJPY.
and If we are in "Per instrument" mode it can take upto 0.10 in every pairs.

Kind Regards

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The Subtract open positions volume, and Subtract pending orders volume not working correctly If we use Max Position size lot 0.10

For example in script tab set the Max position size lot 0.10. and tick the both options (Subtract open positions vol & Subtract pending order volume). Now set the Position size to 0.02 in margin tab and place order or pending orders with script..
Could you please provide more information about this problem? What orders/position do you have open before you activate the script and what happens after you activate the script?

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
I set the "Max position size" to 0.10 and enabled the both boxes "Subtract open positions volume, Subtract pending orders volume", then tried changing the log size to 0.02 in main tab. and dragged the script (EURUSD).

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I set the "Max position size" to 0.10 and enabled the both boxes "Subtract open positions volume, Subtract pending orders volume", then tried changing the log size to 0.02 in main tab. and dragged the script (EURUSD).
Which positions did you have open already? And what happened after the script executed?

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
I found that It working reverse type. If I set Position size 0.10 on main tab and "Max Position size" = 0.2 in script tab with enabled the both boxes "Subtract open positions volume, Subtract pending orders volume". it takes order 0.02 lots 5 times dragging the script..

But that method missing to calculate opened position volume If supose I've already some position openend..

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
There is some confusion with that. If I've selected only "Subtract open position volume" and tried to take pending orders it takes pending order unlimited 0.02..

Last edited:

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Here is how it should work. If the script tab "Max position size"= 0.10, and the main tab "Position size" =0.02 it can take order 0.02 lots 5 times.. at the same time If there is any pending order placed and the option "Subtract pending orders volume" is selected it should reduce the lot size accordingly..

If it's still confusing you, I'll write a detailed document and will send it to you...

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
Hi Enivid, is it possible to add a "Max" button next to the word Position Size, to automatically set the maximum lot size possible so that we don't have to keep switching to the Margin tab to check the "Maximum position size by margin" and putting the numbers in? I think it'll be great for aggressive traders to speed up their execution.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid, is it possible to add a "Max" button next to the word Position Size, to automatically set the maximum lot size possible so that we don't have to keep switching to the Margin tab to check the "Maximum position size by margin" and putting the numbers in? I think it'll be great for aggressive traders to speed up their execution.
OK, I'll consider adding that, however, I don't like adding more elements to the Main tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.