How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hedd

Jan 6, 2020
Please try this one - sorry about that!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-07 21.10.11Re PSC Script Query.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-01-07 21.10.11Re PSC Script Query.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 5

hedd

Jan 6, 2020
Hi Enivid

Thanks for your help - as I said at the outset:

"Being a "newbie" probably doesn't help , but your PSC most certainly will! Thank you for your product Enivid. Some guidance would help please"

And it did - the Answer was in the Enabling of Autotrading - I didn't pick this up when going tho' the instructional videos. Many thanks - Top Class Service and Product.

Kind regards

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid

Thanks for your help - as I said at the outset:

"Being a "newbie" probably doesn't help , but your PSC most certainly will! Thank you for your product Enivid. Some guidance would help please"

And it did - the Answer was in the Enabling of Autotrading - I didn't pick this up when going tho' the instructional videos. Many thanks - Top Class Service and Product.

Kind regards

Thank you! I am glad it works.

nima986

Trader
Jan 20, 2020
Hi dears
I have no idea if I am right, as you see in the picture I have sent, both pip value and contract size is the same!! I have the same problem with most of stocks,cfd, etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• earnforex.PNG
    earnforex.PNG
    330.8 KB · Views: 5

4xgurutrading

Trader
Jan 31, 2020
Hi Guys,
I am new in this forum and apprecate the job you are doing. I have downloaded position calculator from your website, when trying to compile it, it showed 100 errors and 9 warning.
I don't know why, is there any updated version. I am using MT4 roboforex.
Regards

4xgurutrading

Trader
Jan 31, 2020
Hi Enivid, Please ignore my message above. i've followed your video and definitely installed it successfully. Now my concern is why Entry button is still disable with me although i set UseSL distance to TRUE as shown in attached picture. Can anyone help. Cheers

Attachments

• ENTRY BUTTON.JPG
    ENTRY BUTTON.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 1

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid, Please ignore my message above. i've followed your video and definitely installed it successfully. Now my concern is why Entry button is still disable with me although i set UseSL distance to TRUE as shown in attached picture. Can anyone help. Cheers
I am glad you were able to resolve the issue with the installation process.
The Entry button isn't shown because there is no point in it as you can move the stop-loss/entry lines freely. The only case when the Entry button is required is when you use ATR options and a non-zero SL multiplier is set.

4xgurutrading

Trader
Jan 31, 2020
Thanks for support. now it can appear. But how to modify the sl and tp directly on graph with the sl and tp trendline? I have tried it when the ATR options is used but seems to not working like in one of your video.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for support. now it can appear. But how to modify the sl and tp directly on graph with the sl and tp trendline? I have tried it when the ATR options is used but seems to not working like in one of your video.
When ATR options are used with non-zero SL/TP multipliers, you cannot modify TP/SL by dragging the lines. You need to change multipliers to change the SL/TP. Why would you set SL/TP based on ATR and then modify them on chart?

4xgurutrading

Trader
Jan 31, 2020
Infact i don't want to use ATR options. what i want is to use Entry button to buy and sell. but since you told me that it can be activated only when ATR options and non zero multiplier must be used before, thus i did it. if not i am more comfortable to modify my SL and TP directly on graph. is there any alternate way to use entry button to buy and sell?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Infact i don't want to use ATR options. what i want is to use Entry button to buy and sell. but since you told me that it can be activated only when ATR options and non zero multiplier must be used before, thus i did it. if not i am more comfortable to modify my SL and TP directly on graph. is there any alternate way to use entry button to buy and sell?
Position Size Calculator is an indicator - it cannot open, close, or modify trades in MetaTrader - it can only indicate. The Entry button cannot be used to buy and sell - its purpose is to switch SL from below the Entry line to above the Entry line or vice versa to allow for a change of a planned trade type when moving the lines directly is not possible. You have to use the PSC-Trader script to trade based on the output of the Position Size Calculator indicator.

4xgurutrading

Trader
Jan 31, 2020
Position Size Calculator is an indicator - it cannot open, close, or modify trades in MetaTrader - it can only indicate. The Entry button cannot be used to buy and sell - its purpose is to switch SL from below the Entry line to above the Entry line or vice versa to allow for a change of a planned trade type when moving the lines directly is not possible. You have to use the PSC-Trader script to trade based on the output of the Position Size Calculator indicator.
Yes I do understand that PSC Trader Script is used to open trade based on output of the Position Size Calculator. My concern is only to set this output in the case i want to short without using ATR options for my setting of SL etc.. How can i proceed to use the PSC Trader Script in that case? I see that the PSC indicator is on buy side by default so if i used the PSC Trader it will go long only. I hope you got my point.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes I do understand that PSC Trader Script is used to open trade based on output of the Position Size Calculator. My concern is only to set this output in the case i want to short without using ATR options for my setting of SL etc.. How can i proceed to use the PSC Trader Script in that case? I see that the PSC indicator is on buy side by default so if i used the PSC Trader it will go long only. I hope you got my point.
If you move the SL line above the Entry line, it will calculate everything for a Sell position.

GermanTrader

Trader
Feb 4, 2020
Hello there, i followed your instructions and i the PSC-Trader is not working. I attached a screenshot as well. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• PSC.PNG
    PSC.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 1

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Trading is active, i also get the following message:
Let's get this straight. The error message you get in your first screenshot means that trading in the symbol is disabled either completely or for EAs/scripts by your broker. It is also mutually exclusive with the error message from your second screenshot. Because you can only get that error if PSC-Trader fails to find Position Size Calculator on the chart and it stops executing further without even attempting to open any position.

So, make sure you have Position Size Calculator set up on your chart, then launch PSC-Trader, then check what it says in the output. If it is "Trade is disabled", then trading for that symbol is disabled by your broker.

craftvfx

Feb 6, 2020
I'm having trouble getting mine to work right. I have it fully installed, did the whole compiling of both the indicator and script and when I go about placing a trade with the script, it doesn't work. Not sure what's going on. I've had it work before, but recently got a new machine and had to download and reinstall since I couldn't find my previous version of the indicator. I'm wondering if there was some sort of update since I had last downloaded it and something changed to make it not work. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.