How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehan

Aug 21, 2017
Netherlands
Yes, it is definitely possible. Now I have to come up with the way to prevent these settings from conflicting with the ones saved when the chart isn't closed and from traders getting confused with all this.

For programming this "panel control" keep in mind the following (I am not a programmer). This is a verry good straight forward indicator and I think you can keep it that way also in the furture by means of a trick. There are only two possibillities:
  1. Chart not closed: keep it as it is;
  2. Chart closed and opened again single or as part of a profile:
  • When there are no running trades: Keep it as usual
  • When a trade is running on the chart: (Trick) read everything from the chart itself like "stop loss", "take profit" e.o. The trader gets an actual presentation of his trade and can play arround with it. Traders are normaly not interested anymore in settings when the trade is placed and running. I don't think its neccesary to save a lot data this way. The only problem I see is that possible more than one trade is runing on a chart.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Position Size Calculator has been updated to version 2.08. Among other things, it adds features suggested by the forum users @Gehan (thanks for a lot of testing!) and @speedytina.

EDIT: Please do not forget to get the latest PSC-Trader (version 1.05) if you plan using the script in MetaTrader 5 with PSC version 2.08. Older versions of the script do not work with the latest PSC indicator in MT5.

eyekoms

Active Trader
May 21, 2017
Hey Enivid,

I just saw today, that there are 2 new versions out, one with my suggestion. Thank you so much for your work!

The last days, I noticed an issue. I tried to change the color and the style of some lines, but that didn't work. I have to close and restart the indicator to make such changes.

Thanks!

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

eyekoms

Active Trader
May 21, 2017
Thanks and thank you again for your work, it is really a great tool! I use this now for months and I don't want to miss it anymore.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Position Size Calculator has been updated to version 2.09. It fixes the bug reported by @eyekoms. The appearance of the entry, SL, and TP lines can now be changed via input parameters without reloading the indicator. It also means that now, you have to change how the lines look (color, style, and width) via input parameters, otherwise (if you change them directly on chart), the changes will not be preserved on timeframe/template/profile/ switch.

The new version also fixes the bug in the MT5 version of PSC with incorrect label color settings.

• 👍
Reactions: eyekoms

dsk

Aug 31, 2017
Hi @Enivid I was trying the legacy version with my broker. Currcy pairs are OK. but i'm facing the perfect lot size problem with XAGUSD. Kindly see the Screenshot
0skczj6.jpg

Thank you

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@dsk, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the legacy PSC (1.29). I do not get such an error when trying your broker's demo account. From the screenshot, it looks like you are using it on a live account. However, I do not have a live account with XtreamForex, so I cannot test it there. There is a possibility, that their specification for XAGUSD is set incorrectly. This sometimes happens. You can try reporting it to them.

• 👍
Reactions: dsk

dsk

Aug 31, 2017
@dsk, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the legacy PSC (1.29). I do not get such an error when trying your broker's demo account. From the screenshot, it looks like you are using it on a live account. However, I do not have a live account with XtreamForex, so I cannot test it there. There is a possibility, that their specification for XAGUSD is set incorrectly. This sometimes happens. You can try reporting it to them.
Yes I think they set the specification wrongly

aamara

Trader
Sep 13, 2017
Hi,

I am trying to use the script (latest version) but it doesn't open any trade instant or pending. I have set the script tab details to the maximum in order to test it but with no luck?!

Appreciate if u could advice what might be the issue.

I am using live account with Xm.com broker MT4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Enivid I would like to have the version 1.16.

Here it is. You would need to fix some compilation errors because there have been some important changes to MQL language in recent MT4 builds.

PS: Why do you need this old version? It probably also has some calculation bugs.

Attachments

• PositionSizeCalculator.mq4
    36.2 KB · Views: 5

dsk

Aug 31, 2017
Thank you @Enivid and there is nothing special . I would like to see the code difference from old to New(I see one aditional mqh in newer so i try to understand). that's why needed.

Michael618

Trader
Jul 20, 2017
I will have to start to use commission field.
I read about it, but i'm not yet sure how to enter it
if for example, commission is 6$ per lot, should we enter 6.00 in the field?

Also, one small thing about window location when minimizing it
It appears there are 2 different windows altogether there
Maximized and minimized
When I move one around the screen, the other one doesn't follow
Would it be possible to keep their location in sync?
By location, i mean top-right corner of the window

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I will have to start to use commission field.
I read about it, but i'm not yet sure how to enter it
if for example, commission is 6$ per lot, should we enter 6.00 in the field?
Is it $6 for opening and then $6 for closing? If so, then yes, you should enter 6 in the field.

Also, one small thing about window location when minimizing it
It appears there are 2 different windows altogether there
Maximized and minimized
When I move one around the screen, the other one doesn't follow
Would it be possible to keep their location in sync?
By location, i mean top-right corner of the window

Yeah, MetaTrader treats minimized and maximized windows as separate windows - hence different locations are possible. I will look if it can be fixed without breaking into the standard MQL libraries.

Michael618

Trader
Jul 20, 2017
Thank you
So we need to give commission only for opening/closing, not full commission.
I think this is valuable information to add on the webpage.

With minimizing/maximizing,
I've looked a little into the code,
At first glance, apparently it boils down to CRect class, I believe

I don't know now exactly if each window has its own Crect (I guess so)
In this case, i guess it would be needed to change coordinates of active CRect with the inactive one.
Or adding a CPoint parameter, with the new corner, to Maximize() and Minimize() methods?
Maybe I'm talking gibberish, so i'll stop now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.