How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@vespucci If you remove PSC from the chart, and then add it again, does the bug still occurs when switching timeframes?
If so, try deleting from /MQL4/Files/ all txt files beginning with "PSC" and all ini files beginning with "Position Size Calculator".
If this doesn't help, please send me the .set file you are using, so I could test it. Perhaps, there is some weird combination of input parameters that's causing that.

vespucci

May 20, 2020
@vespucci If you remove PSC from the chart, and then add it again, does the bug still occurs when switching timeframes?
If so, try deleting from /MQL4/Files/ all txt files beginning with "PSC" and all ini files beginning with "Position Size Calculator".
If this doesn't help, please send me the .set file you are using, so I could test it. Perhaps, there is some weird combination of input parameters that's causing that.
I re-attached PSC to the chart and it's working now, sorry for inconvenience i don't know how i haven't tried that before lol

vespucci

May 20, 2020
I'm glad it helped, but if the same issue reappears, please let me know. Maybe there is some sequence of actions that leads to such incorrect behavior.
Yeah I was playing with it for a bit but couldn't manage to mess it up again, to be honest I've never had that happen before while I was riding with the outdated version, maybe I screwed up while "installing" the newer version so something broke in the process. I'll let you know, thanks for your help and for this tool in general, appreciate it I can't see myself trading without it

ozcoz

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
I've been using the MT4 indicator for a couple of years now, it's great, thanks for you work.
I'm now using MT5 aswell, and I gather this version isn't kept as up to date, which I understand.
How can I change the dimensions so that it is nice and compact like MT4? I see that it's because of the small position size MT5 allows for. Whats the solution, do I need to remove that micro lot functionality, or change the borders manually? In the code I see CHART_WIDTH_IN_PIXELS with no value to define it.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm now using MT5 aswell, and I gather this version isn't kept as up to date, which I understand.
Actually, PSC for MT5 is somewhat more advanced than PSC for MT4, not the other way around.
How can I change the dimensions so that it is nice and compact like MT4? I see that it's because of the small position size MT5 allows for. Whats the solution, do I need to remove that micro lot functionality, or change the borders manually? In the code I see CHART_WIDTH_IN_PIXELS with no value to define it.
CHART_WIDTH_IN_PIXELS has nothing to do with that. The panel's and its elements' dimensions are defined in lines 235-290 of PositionSizeCalculator.mqh.

• 👍
Reactions: ozcoz

ozcoz

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
T
Actually, PSC for MT5 is somewhat more advanced than PSC for MT4, not the other way around.

CHART_WIDTH_IN_PIXELS has nothing to do with that. The panel's and its elements' dimensions are defined in lines 235-290 of PositionSizeCalculator.mqh.
Thanks very much. One other question, will the MT5 version get the function to adjust lot size manually, like in MT4?

ozcoz

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
It already has such a function.
So it is, when I updated to recent version!
Great functionality, although I'm still stuck on how to make the windows narrower. Could you please guide me on the parameter to decrease the width so it's the same as MT4?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
So it is, when I updated to recent version!
Great functionality, although I'm still stuck on how to make the windows narrower. Could you please guide me on the parameter to decrease the width so it's the same as MT4?
You can replace the body of these two functions in PositionSizeCalculator.mqh of the MT5 version with the body of these functions from MT4:
MQL5:
bool QCPositionSizeCalculator::Create(const long chart, const string name, const int subwin, const int x1, const int y1)
bool QCPositionSizeCalculator::CreateObjects()

Then, you'd need to find the following line in the MoveAndResize() function and replace 500 with 350:
MQL5:
      if (NoPanelMaximization) Width((int)MathRound(500 * m_DPIScale));

After you recompile PositionSizeCalculator.mq5, it should look like the panel in MT4.

• 👍
Reactions: peterpies

cryptocourier

Jan 29, 2021
hi there,
im getting this error while trying to execute trades using PSC-Trader : "entry line not found"
i have entry line on the chart,
does anyone know how to fix it?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hi there,
im getting this error while trying to execute trades using PSC-Trader : "entry line not found"
i have entry line on the chart,
does anyone know how to fix it?
Please make sure you are using the latest version of PSC (which is 2.33) with the latest version of PSC-Trader script (which is 1.10), having also removed the pre-2.32 lines from the chart (explained in this post).

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
Hello @Enivid
i think additional SL label might be more useful than TP incase of any misplaced risk percantages
in that way i can disable "ask confirmation" option too :)
terminal_iuFi9UxZuc.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
i think additional SL label might be more useful than TP incase of any misplaced risk percantages
SL label would always show the same info however you drag it - that could seem confusing to people.

in that way i can disable "ask confirmation" option too :)
Which "ask confirmation" option? Script? Uncheck the checkbox on the Script tab.

• 👍
Reactions: Ben-FX

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
Which "ask confirmation" option? Script? Uncheck the checkbox on the Script tab.
Thnks mate but i didn't mean that what i mean is if i want to use minimized PSC without order confirmation that'd be useful in order to be certain about risked amount

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Gonzalez74

Trader
Feb 6, 2021
Hello,
In the indicator Position Size Calculator, v2.33, the calculation of the position of the lot does not seem correct... is it?

In my case, after installing, I have for example:

USD / CAD
Entry Long: 1.27570
SL = 1.26339 (1.5 x ATR (14))
TP = 1.28391 (1.0 x ATR (14))
Risk = 1.0% (Account Balance = EUR 39,470.40)
Position Size = 0.49 Shouldn't it be 0.27?

Attachments

• printscreen1.png
    printscreen1.png
    662.6 KB · Views: 3
  • PositionSizeCalculator.set
    1.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.