How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
@Enivid Hi again, sorry for bothering and ty for listening but i've major problem while placing an order limit/market, execution lvls are completly different from what i set originally

Could you let me know if you can see the gif?

Attachments

• ueVMMP9BRo.gif
    ueVMMP9BRo.gif
    186.4 KB · Views: 8

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
Excellent, that solved the issue

by saying w/o prefixes you mean the new ones, right?

Attachments

• resim_2020-12-17_164834.png
    resim_2020-12-17_164834.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 6

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
No no i just want to share everything is in place
Just have to delete stop/entry/tp line on each chart :)

As far as i understand since the ObjectPrefix old versions are like different indicator to PSC 2.32/33

flowlikewater

Dec 17, 2020
Hi all. May I have assistance please? I downloaded the MT4 position size calculator along with the script and so far an error message is shown when I select the compile button. I've downloaded files on Edge and Chrome and gone through the steps of adding the files to my broker (LegacyFX) several times. Any idea of what could be the cause?

KaanMustafa

Trader
Dec 14, 2020
Could you please show a screenshot of what the Objects List is showing (Ctrl+B)?

No, there is always only one TP line. If you use multiple TPs, you set them manually or using quick buttons.
Thank you @Enivid. Are there any plans to introduce the lines for multiple TP's in the future?

Here is the screenshot of the ObjectList:

I can see the SL line and make adjustment to level I want. But when I run the script, I get the below alert message.
1608290915779.png

1608291004085.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you @Enivid. Are there any plans to introduce the lines for multiple TP's in the future?
Not right now.
I can see the SL line and make adjustment to level I want. But when I run the script, I get the below alert message.
Please delete the object called "EntryLine" - the first one in your list. It confuses the script. The script finds it first, decides that there shouldn't be any prefix to object names and starts looking for "StopLossLine", which it cannot find, and throws an error.

• 👍
Reactions: KaanMustafa

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi all. May I have assistance please? I downloaded the MT4 position size calculator along with the script and so far an error message is shown when I select the compile button. I've downloaded files on Edge and Chrome and gone through the steps of adding the files to my broker (LegacyFX) several times. Any idea of what could be the cause?
Did you follow this (there is also a demonstration video for installation process)? What kind of errors do you get when you compile it? Are you sure you are compiling the .mq4 file and not the .mqh?

KaanMustafa

Trader
Dec 14, 2020
Not right now.

Please delete the object called "EntryLine" - the first one in your list. It confuses the script. The script finds it first, decides that there shouldn't be any prefix to object names and starts looking for "StopLossLine", which it cannot find, and throws an error.

Makes sense. Removed and all working fine! Thank you again.

flowlikewater

Dec 17, 2020
Did you follow this (there is also a demonstration video for installation process)? What kind of errors do you get when you compile it? Are you sure you are compiling the .mq4 file and not the .mqh?
Hi, thanks for the assistance. I did follow those steps. Yes, I'm compiling the .mp4 file.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    46.9 KB · Views: 6

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, thanks for the assistance. I did follow those steps. Yes, I'm compiling the .mp4 file.
The screenshot shows .mqh file. Also, earlier you wrote you are trying to compile PSC for MT4, but this the version for MT5 loaded into MQL5 Editor. Anyway, you should be compiling PositionSizeCalculator.mq5, not PositionSizeCalculator.mqh. Also, you can just restart your trading platform and it will get compiled automatically.

flowlikewater

Dec 17, 2020
The screenshot shows .mqh file. Also, earlier you wrote you are trying to compile PSC for MT4, but this the version for MT5 loaded into MQL5 Editor. Anyway, you should be compiling PositionSizeCalculator.mq5, not PositionSizeCalculator.mqh. Also, you can just restart your trading platform and it will get compiled automatically.
Thanks for the reply. I meant MT5. The .mq5 file is highlighted in the photo. I've restarted the platform and selected the PSC in the Navigator to add to the chart and it won't open. Any idea what the cause is?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The .mq5 file is highlighted in the photo.
The MQL5 Editor doesn't compile the highlighted file when you press the Compile button - it compiles the currently open file, which is .mqh in your screenshot.

I've restarted the platform and selected the PSC in the Navigator to add to the chart and it won't open. Any idea what the cause is?

What does it write in the Experts tab when you try to add it to the chart? Are you sure you aren't trying to run the PSC-Trader script instead of attaching the PositionSizelCalculator indicator?

flowlikewater

Dec 17, 2020
The MQL5 Editor doesn't compile the highlighted file when you press the Compile button - it compiles the currently open file, which is .mqh in your screenshot.

What does it write in the Experts tab when you try to add it to the chart? Are you sure you aren't trying to run the PSC-Trader script instead of attaching the PositionSizelCalculator indicator?
I see. When I double-click on the PSC tab, it hasn't opened so far. Insider the expert advisors tab, I have advisors and examples sub-tabs.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
@flowlikewater
Kindly follow the steps.
1. Open your MT4 Platform. Click File-->Open Data Folder
2. Navigate to MQ4\Indicators
3. Copy the "PositionSizeCalculator" Folder from downloaded Zip into that.
4. Now Navigate to MQ4\Scripts
5. Copy the download PSC-Script.MQ4 File into that.
6. Now in MT4 Platform Navigator window right click on the "Indicator" menu and click "Refresh"
screenshot_2020-12-19 08Hour 30Min 02Sec.png

Now try to use the Indicator.. and Scripts. It'll work.

If it doesn't work. then..

Click Tools-->Metaquotes Language Editor
Navigate to Indicators\PositionsizeCalculator. and Double Click PositionSizeCalculator.mq4
Now Click "Compile" Icon.
Navigate to Scripts\ Double Click then click PSC-Trader.mq4 "Compile"

Thats all. now everything should work fine. (before all the process please beaware to remove all older versions objects by pressing Ctrl+B, List all)

Kind Regards.

Last edited:

flowlikewater

Dec 17, 2020
@flowlikewater
Kindly follow the steps.
1. Open your MT4 Platform. Click File-->Open Data Folder
2. Navigate to MQ4\Indicators
3. Copy the "PositionSizeCalculator" Folder from downloaded Zip into that.
4. Now Navigate to MQ4\Scripts
5. Copy the download PSC-Script.MQ4 File into that.
6. Now in MT4 Platform Navigator window right click on the "Indicator" menu and click "Refresh"
View attachment 17475

Now try to use the Indicator.. and Scripts. It'll work.

If it doesn't work. then..

Click Tools-->Metaquotes Language Editor
Navigate to Indicators\PositionsizeCalculator. and Double Click PositionSizeCalculator.mq4
Now Click "Compile" Icon.
Navigate to Scripts\PSC-Trader.mq4 then click "Compile"

Thats all. now everything should work fine. (before all the process please beaware to remove all older versions objects by pressing Ctrl+B, List all)

Kind Regards.
Thanks for the assistance. I followed those steps and so far I'm still unable to get the PSC to open the attach to chart sub-tab.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Thanks for the assistance. I followed those steps and so far I'm still unable to get the PSC to open the attach to chart sub-tab.
Dude. It'll not show anything in view. the script will take order according to the Indicator you attached.. Today is market Closed so you could not see any difference. But see the Journal Tab in the Terminal window. you'll understand what's happening..

screenshot_2020-12-19 08Hour 59Min 26Sec.png

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Sorry I missed one thing.. attach the Indicator in one chart.. and drag the script. You'll see what's happening in "Journal" tab of Terminal Window

PS: You can set the Hotkey for the script to run. so it'll be easy to manage.

Kind Regards.

flowlikewater

Dec 17, 2020
Sorry I missed one thing.. attach the Indicator in one chart.. and drag the script. You'll see what's happening in "Journal" tab of Terminal Window

PS: You can set the Hotkey for the script to run. so it'll be easy to manage.

Kind Regards.
Thanks for the assistance. I figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.