How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravo_one

Oct 15, 2020
I'm not sure that there is a good way to do that. The default behavior should definitely be the current one - to limit the risk, the rounding of position size is always done down. The only way that I think this could be solved is by adding another panel control to the Script tab.

But how did you get 0.29 calculated by the indicator in the first place? Position Size Calculator indicator respects the volume step parameter just like PSC-Trader script.
I have attached a screenshot @Enivid to illustrate the condition.

Attachments

• PSC.png
    PSC.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 12

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
I'll think about adding this in the next version but I'm not a huge fan of adding even more buttons in the already overloaded panel.
Me and my scalper brothers/sisters would be appriciate even if you'll consider about it :)
I dont know buttons can be optional or not through the input parameters but having them is adding value to risk management side

greeeg

Trader
Oct 27, 2020
Hello,

First, thank you for your work on the PSC, with the trading script it's a great tool for very fast trades opening.

After I've upgraded to 2.31 version (from 2.28) it's calculations are more precise but it started to calculate position size incorrectly (at 10% it should be).
My broker is VIBHS, MT4 build 1280, it happens on demo and live account (both configured with the same MT4 version).

Temporary fix is to increase risk % by 10 times (so instead of 1% I enter 10% in the risk field and only then risk is at 1% of my account balance) but id' like to fix it more permanently, maybe I need to modify some settings before compilation for my specific broker?

I have 2.31 version and 2.28 installed, also I have trading script 1.07 and 1.09 installed.

Any help would be appreciated:)

regards,
Greg

2TJV

Trader
Oct 27, 2020
Hello,

Is there any way to change TP faster without editing 1.0, 2.0,...? Because I always switch back and forth TP Multiplier 1.0 and 2.0. Any time I want to adjust the TP Multiplier, I have to adjust it in Custom Indicator and it takes me too long.

1603791248418.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

First, thank you for your work on the PSC, with the trading script it's a great tool for very fast trades opening.

After I've upgraded to 2.31 version (from 2.28) it's calculations are more precise but it started to calculate position size incorrectly (at 10% it should be).
My broker is VIBHS, MT4 build 1280, it happens on demo and live account (both configured with the same MT4 version).

Temporary fix is to increase risk % by 10 times (so instead of 1% I enter 10% in the risk field and only then risk is at 1% of my account balance) but id' like to fix it more permanently, maybe I need to modify some settings before compilation for my specific broker?

I have 2.31 version and 2.28 installed, also I have trading script 1.07 and 1.09 installed.

Any help would be appreciated:)

regards,
Greg
It would really help to see some screenshots of this. At the very least, I need to know what currency pair you are trading and what account currency is.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

Is there any way to change TP faster without editing 1.0, 2.0,...? Because I always switch back and forth TP Multiplier 1.0 and 2.0. Any time I want to adjust the TP Multiplier, I have to adjust it in Custom Indicator and it takes me too long.

View attachment 17156
There is no way to change TP Multiplier without going to the Inputs, but you can change TP via the panel - by moving the line or by entering the value inside the edit field.

2TJV

Trader
Oct 27, 2020
There is no way to change TP Multiplier without going to the Inputs, but you can change TP via the panel - by moving the line or by entering the value inside the edit field.
But it's not fast enough. I trade on M5. So when I tried to move the line or enter the value, the price had already run away.

Thank you for replying to me!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
But it's not fast enough. I trade on M5. So when I tried to move the line or enter the value, the price had already run away.

Thank you for replying to me!
One possible solution would be to have two charts (or chart templates) with PSC open - one where TP Multiplier = 1 and another one with TP Multiplier = 2.

2TJV

Trader
Oct 27, 2020
Oh wow... What a good idea! That's truly a possible solution.

Thank you for your advice!

greeeg

Trader
Oct 27, 2020
It would really help to see some screenshots of this. At the very least, I need to know what currency pair you are trading and what account currency is.
Good questions, the problem occurs on USD account currency on DE30 index.

I've just checked GBPNZD, GBPUSD, XAUUSD and calculations are correct so it seems that DE30 for some reason is calculated incorrectly; also FR40 index has the same error, so probably all available indexes will (it seems that it's a broker's peculiarity) - market has closed after I opened test position, I hope my SL won't get slipped in the morning;).

Currently I don't have any screenshot of DE30 experts output but FR40 is attached, and some specifications.

I think that the "Wartosc ticka" (tick value?) and "Wielkosc ticka" (tick size?) are the reasons.

Thanks a lot ;) for your help, I can later add some more screenshots of DE30 if needed - let me know if you need anything else to investigate it.

regards,
Greg

Attachments

• FR40 specs.png
    FR40 specs.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DE30 specs.png
    DE30 specs.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 4
  • FR40.png
    FR40.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 3
  • FR40-1.png
    FR40-1.png
    368.6 KB · Views: 4
  • GBPNZD specs.png
    GBPNZD specs.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 3
  • XAUUSD specs.png
    XAUUSD specs.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

CNTrade99

Oct 27, 2020
I get the error message after I've followed all the instructions and click on the script, "Position Size Calculator not Found."

When I have compiled the script and the calculator, I click on the script like the instructions say, in the Metatrader platform. It gives me an error. "Position Size Calculator not Found." What is happening?

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Dear @Enivid It seems it sets TP even I check the box "Do not apply take-profit" in script tab.

Kind Regards

PS: I think it's works fine with pending orders. But for the instant orders it sets the TP even If i have selected the "Do not apply take-profit" check box on script tab.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Good questions, the problem occurs on USD account currency on DE30 index.

I've just checked GBPNZD, GBPUSD, XAUUSD and calculations are correct so it seems that DE30 for some reason is calculated incorrectly; also FR40 index has the same error, so probably all available indexes will (it seems that it's a broker's peculiarity) - market has closed after I opened test position, I hope my SL won't get slipped in the morning;).

Currently I don't have any screenshot of DE30 experts output but FR40 is attached, and some specifications.

I think that the "Wartosc ticka" (tick value?) and "Wielkosc ticka" (tick size?) are the reasons.

Thanks a lot ;) for your help, I can later add some more screenshots of DE30 if needed - let me know if you need anything else to investigate it.

regards,
Greg
How do you access trading symbols with ".g" suffix? I opened a demo account with VIBHS, but I only get DE30 and FR40 symbols, not DE30.g or FR40.g. And the calculator seems to be calculating everything correctly for DE30 and FR40. How is your demo server called? What website did you use to open the account?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I get the error message after I've followed all the instructions and click on the script, "Position Size Calculator not Found."

When I have compiled the script and the calculator, I click on the script like the instructions say, in the Metatrader platform. It gives me an error. "Position Size Calculator not Found." What is happening?
Please make sure you first attach the Position Size Calculator indicator to a chart and only then try executing PSC-Trader script.

Status
Not open for further replies.