How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_player

Active Trader
Jul 26, 2017
Does not work for stocks in robomarkets :(

upload_2019-4-22_18-29-1.png

risked 12 $ but I am down 460 even when opened smaller position.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It looks like some brokers do not apply their contract size correctly to the tick value in their MT4 contract specifications - the same as sometimes happens in MT5.

Please use the attached version and set UseCFDMultiplier to true. Please let me know if this works for you.

Attachments

• PositionSizeCalculator.mq4
    23.3 KB · Views: 12
  • PositionSizeCalculator.mqh
    314.1 KB · Views: 7

LittleScratch

Trader
Sep 23, 2016
Hi

I use to use the bool UseMoneyInsteadOfPercentage = true; setting but it seems to have gone since upgrading from 2.17 to 2.21. I have had a search on the forum but cant see why, also have tried adding it back in as I see there is a double MoneyRisk = 250; but it doesnt seem to work.... what am I doing wrong?

Sorry and thank you for all your hard work

LittleScratch

Trader
Sep 23, 2016
Hi

I use to use the bool UseMoneyInsteadOfPercentage = true; setting but it seems to have gone since upgrading from 2.17 to 2.21. I have had a search on the forum but cant see why, also have tried adding it back in as I see there is a double MoneyRisk = 250; but it doesnt seem to work.... what am I doing wrong?

Sorry and thank you for all your hard work

So sorry just seen it has been moved to line 108:
sets.UseMoneyInsteadOfPercentage = true;

My bad, carry on being awesome.....

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

bader

Trader
Jun 7, 2018
Thank you so much for making this indicator. My only request is if you can convert the indicator to an EA and add an order button to it. It's already saving me a lot of time and if it can also save me time placing the order, that would be perfect. Thanks again! It's the best indicator ever :)

• 👍
Reactions: jagg

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you so much for making this indicator. My only request is if you can convert the indicator to an EA and add an order button to it. It's already saving me a lot of time and if it can also save me time placing the order, that would be perfect. Thanks again! It's the best indicator ever :)
I am not planning to convert Position Size Calculator to an expert advisor. You can use the PSC-Trader script to place the orders based on the PSC outputs. You can also set a hot-key for the script to make it work quicker. The script is available here:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-indicators/Position-Size-Calculator/#Trading_script

• 👍

MrIvanGold

Trader
Apr 12, 2019
@Enivid thank you for the great work you are doing! This indicator is SUPER helpful!
I wish you best of luck and lots of happiness in your life! You helped so many traders like me!

Please consider adding Partial take profit target in this indicator as well, I think it also will extend its capabilities far and beyond! (like i wrote in account protector post )

Thank you once again! Carry on being awesome!

• 👍

Poker_player

Active Trader
Jul 26, 2017
Hello, I am now trying to learn new platform which good traders say is better than MT4 - pro real time. but it is hard to learn, and I am not sure if it does not have position size calculator or I just cant find.

If it does not exist, maybe you can create it for that platform also? https://www.prorealtime.com/en/

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Dear @Enivid I hope you are doing well.

2Uwwd.png

there is fixed SL,TP distance in points only available. But if we have that option without fixed level, we can easily enter the points and can drag the line fast.

Kind Regards

PS: I found there is some time risk reward showing and hiding
https://streamable.com/ui9i3

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Following my experiment with Market Profile GitHub repository, I have decided to move (at least partially) the development of Position Size Calculator to its own GitHub repository for Position Size Calculator. I hope it will make code changes smoother and will let more people to contribute in a much deeper form - everyone is welcome to review the existing pull requests and initiate their own.

Currently, the master branch there contains PSC version 2.21, which is the latest release (March 29) with the current pull request containing a number of changes suggested by @EnrichWave, @Denndy, @ozcoz, and other users.

Please review the changes, test the indicator's new features, and let me know what you think via the pull request page or here.

Thanks everyone!

• 👍
Reactions: jagg and EnrichWave

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
I don't know much about GitHub, But most of the people speaks about that. All I want give good contribution for this hard development. I said before 1 year will give something in the middle of 2019 but as I'm suffering personally It'll take bit more 2-3 months.

Dear friends and fellow traders. Please kindly do some contribution for this development. whether @Enivid ask for money or not. but it's our time to give something. friends do something as much as you can.

Kind Regards

recep

Trader
Jun 18, 2019
hi, first of all thank you for the great work.i have been using position size calculator quite time its an must have tool for me.i moved my account to icmarkets and it seems psc doesnt work with their cfds.most of their cfds contract size is 1.tried the above version and set cfd multiplier to true but it didnt work too.any suggestions ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hi, first of all thank you for the great work.i have been using position size calculator quite time its an must have tool for me.i moved my account to icmarkets and it seems psc doesnt work with their cfds.most of their cfds contract size is 1.tried the above version and set cfd multiplier to true but it didnt work too.any suggestions ?
How exactly does it not work with their CFDs?

recep

Trader
Jun 18, 2019
for example jp225 index it always shows the positon size 250 lots.it doesnt uptade.tried the cfd multiplier true didnt do anything.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
for example jp225 index it always shows the positon size 250 lots.it doesnt uptade.tried the cfd multiplier true didnt do anything.
I think it will work after you close the terminal and reopen. sometimes I also facing problems like this when I using with (Gold)XAUUSD.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
This happens because the IC Markets server returns profit currency for JP225 as JPY, however, in reality, it is in AUD, so the Position Size Calculator is calculating a size ~100 times greater than necessary. I am not sure how this can be solved from the indicator's code.

Status
Not open for further replies.