Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Regarding the faulty MT4 it is searching for Account Protector .ex4 ???

First, you need to check if .ex4 file can really be found in the folder shown on your screenshot.
If it is there, you need to make sure, your MT4 app has access to read that folder. Try running it in Administrator mode.
If the .ex4 isn't there, then it either does not compile or it compiles in some other folder. In both cases, you need to run MetaEditor, compile the .mq4 file and look at the output.

Aug 27, 2017
Florida USA
I set up the Account Protector EA, saved the entire file folder to the C:\MetaQuotes\Terminal\MQL4\Experts, compiled the Account Protector.mq4 (no error/no warnings), checked my terminal .dll settings, allowed .dll in the EA, the Equity Trail Stop works great, Actions Tab: Close all Positions works / Disable AutoTrading does not work. No errors in the Expert Journal. The EAs re-open and lose money until I manually disable Auto Trade. Any suggestions? Thanks - you guys do a great job!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I set up the Account Protector EA, saved the entire file folder to the C:\MetaQuotes\Terminal\MQL4\Experts, compiled the Account Protector.mq4 (no error/no warnings), checked my terminal .dll settings, allowed .dll in the EA, the Equity Trail Stop works great, Actions Tab: Close all Positions works / Disable AutoTrading does not work. No errors in the Expert Journal. The EAs re-open and lose money until I manually disable Auto Trade. Any suggestions? Thanks - you guys do a great job!
For me to help you with this, I would need the copy of the log file created by the Account Protector ("log.txt" by default; should be in /MQL4/Files/) and the log of the Experts tab of your terminal. Thanks!

• 👍
Reactions: Florida Trader
Feb 11, 2019
Thanks for Account protector.
I have been looking for a way to stop Auto trading for quite a while.
I am using MT5 build 1940 hedging account and Account Protector does not seem able to close trades.
I get the following error message in the Experts tab.
2019.02.11 11:07:36.483 Experts automated trading is enabled
2019.02.11 11:07:38.116 Account Protector (EURUSD,H1) Emergency button pressed!
2019.02.11 11:07:38.118 Account Protector (EURUSD,H1) Account Protector: PositionClose Sell failed. Error #4756
2019.02.11 11:07:38.120 Account Protector (EURUSD,H1) Account Protector: PositionClose Buy failed. Error #4756
2019.02.11 11:07:38.128 Account Protector (EURUSD,H1) All positions closed, pending orders deleted, autotrading disabled.
2019.02.11 11:07:38.136 Experts automated trading is disabled

Thanks

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The new version of Account Protector is out - 1.02. It fixes the issue with the error 4756 due to incorrectly set order filling type in MetaTrader 5 version of the expert advisor. There is no need to update from 1.01 if you are using the MT4 version of the EA.

Feb 20, 2019
Hi,

I guess this can't work with signal start as I don't have access to the VPS that is setup right? I guess I would have to setup a vps to mirror trades from a signal start account and then have this running too?

Thanks!

Mark

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
You can use Account Protector with an account connected to Signal Start, but you would need to set AP up either on your home PC or on your own VPS and then connect it to the same account you run Signal Start on.

capoeira

Mar 18, 2019
Hello Mr Enivid first I wanna thank you very much for your efforts second may I suggest an option
for Account protector this option is adjust the breakeven only one time for all positions for example
the trader wanna stoploss move to breakeven after the price reach to 50% of the target
I think this will make using it easier instead of adjust it every time
thanks in advance

capoeira

Mar 18, 2019
yes Mr Enivid I think this will save a lot of time that you will put the percentage in all positions first time only

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
yes Mr Enivid I think this will save a lot of time that you will put the percentage in all positions first time only

I don't understand how does it save time as it would basically function the same with the only difference being that yo would also need to set take-profit for each position?

capoeira

Mar 18, 2019
I don't understand how does it save time as it would basically function the same with the only difference being that yo would also need to set take-profit for each position?
I mean the trader can set a breakeven's percentage say (50%) only one time for all positions whatever the take profit (10 pips or 1000 pips) the percentage is fixed
as long as he use the EA of course he can change the percentage of it or he can use the other options

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I mean the trader can set a breakeven's percentage say (50%) only one time for all positions whatever the take profit (10 pips or 1000 pips) the percentage is fixed
as long as he use the EA of course he can change the percentage of it or he can use the other options

OK, thank you for your suggestion. I will consider it.

capoeira

Mar 18, 2019
OK, thank you for your suggestion. I will consider it.
You know Mr Enivid it’s like the option initial risk in your indicator position size calculator , the trader need only to put the percentage of risk only one time and the indicator will calculate the lot size that what I mean whatever the take profit the stop loss will move to BreakEven after (N)% of it

MrIvanGold

Trader
Apr 12, 2019
Would be great if you can add a partial take profit to this Amazing EA, it would be a "killing" EA. Captain America of account protectors!
for example: close 50% of a position at 50 pips and close 25% of position at 100 pips and close 25% more at 150 pips.
Mix it with break even function of this EA and its a "killer"

I think even 2 TP will be enough (instead of 3

50% at 100 pips and 50% @ 150 pips!

Thanks for the great work mate!
I disabled add block extensions for your website as well!

• 👍
Reactions: milo_of_ persia and Enivid