How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

qamar1

Jun 17, 2020
Hi

I've been using ver 2.21 on MT4 but had issue with pending order turning into market order when hiding lines or changing chart not sure what was causing it but but after installing version 2.291 this has resolved the issue.

However i'm now having issues with wrong position size calculation on non forex instruments (US500) on ver 2.291 the position size calculation is about 20% smaller in this version. Does anyone have an idea how i can fix this?

Thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
However i'm now having issues with wrong position size calculation on non forex instruments (US500) on ver 2.291 the position size calculation is about 20% smaller in this version. Does anyone have an idea how i can fix this?

Could you please tell me what broker and account type you are trying it on? Also, what is the output in the Experts tab when you are trying to calculate a position size?

qamar1

Jun 17, 2020
Could you please tell me what broker and account type you are trying it on? Also, what is the output in the Experts tab when you are trying to calculate a position size?

Hi Enivid,

My broker is tickmill and my account type is pro

Experts tab output do you mean position size? ver 2.21 shows 10 lots and ver 2.291 shows 8 lots and the rest of the result fields are the same in both versions i.e risk in % and gbp show the same amount. issue is ver 2.291 is calculating lot size as 8 lots which is incorrect it should be 10 lots

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid,

My broker is tickmill and my account type is pro

Experts tab output do you mean position size? ver 2.21 shows 10 lots and ver 2.291 shows 8 lots and the rest of the result fields are the same in both versions i.e risk in % and gbp show the same amount. issue is ver 2.291 is calculating lot size as 8 lots which is incorrect it should be 10 lots
Please see the image for example of what I mean:
experts-tab.png

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
Thank you for that magical long/short button. Save me wonderful time to drag those lines. Hope you'll consider adding spread button for entry line in future.
Indeed mate that would be a life changer :D Context related you can click the box to activate script whether you're taking short position (add on stop&TP) or for the long positions (add on entries ) + for the lost stop lines would be good to have adjustable stop range box right next to Stop-Loss text like the TakeProfit button(i did set it to 3x and according to setup might drag lower or higher)
@envid do you have plans to add something like that ?

Attachments

• Ek Açıklama 2020-06-18 165257.png
    Ek Açıklama 2020-06-18 165257.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 8
D

Deleted member 67541

Hello dear sir

I want to thank you so much for this great tool. I'm so happy I could find this amazing tool for optmising time.

I want to tell you the following: as I personally use two charts in one in my laptop, the chart tool is big, can you teach me OR help me to Reduce the size of the chart?

I know that if we reduce the size, it's not going to be visually good but sir, I am okey with it. Because the only buttons I need are: Define Stop Loss and risk % and click on Buy or Sell, That's it. I don't even need to see the rest, even we can hide the rest.

Can you help me with this sir?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello dear sir

I want to thank you so much for this great tool. I'm so happy I could find this amazing tool for optmising time.

I want to tell you the following: as I personally use two charts in one in my laptop, the chart tool is big, can you teach me OR help me to Reduce the size of the chart?

I know that if we reduce the size, it's not going to be visually good but sir, I am okey with it. Because the only buttons I need are: Define Stop Loss and risk % and click on Buy or Sell, That's it. I don't even need to see the rest, even we can hide the rest.

Can you help me with this sir?
You can try commenting out all the lines that are related to the panel elements you don't need, but that's quite a lot to comment out.

D

Deleted member 67541

You can try commenting out all the lines that are related to the panel elements you don't need, but that's quite a lot to comment out.
Thank you for your quick response.

I know it's a lot but I'm willing to put the effort.

Can you tell me or send me a link about how to "comment out" and in which file do I do that?

When commenting out, does the size will automatically change ? Or how do I adjust the size of the panel ?

Thank you

D

Deleted member 67541

Hi Sir, please look at the paint edit I did, that's what I would like to do. Is it possible?
example.jpg

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Sir, please look at the paint edit I did, that's what I would like to do. Is it possible?
View attachment 16482
Yes, it is possible except for the script button - you cannot call a script from an indicator (without using DLLs).

If you don't know what commenting is in terms of coding, then you probably wouldn't be able to do this because this requires some basic understanding of MQL5 code. I recommend hiring some MQL5 developer to do that for you.

D

Deleted member 67541

Yes, it is possible except for the script button - you cannot call a script from an indicator (without using DLLs).

If you don't know what commenting is in terms of coding, then you probably wouldn't be able to do this because this requires some basic understanding of MQL5 code. I recommend hiring some MQL5 developer to do that for you.

Okey thank you.

perryano

Jun 22, 2020
Hi, I have tried searching thru this forum to find my answers and I have. But I am still having problems for the PSC display to show the "buy @" button. I have complied both the indicator and script. I am using v2.291. This is what I only see from my PSC display, and a screengrab from the experts tab showing what is happening. For some reason it says the script is removed. Has anyone else also experienced this. I think this tool is awesome and would love to get it working. Thank you

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

perryano

Jun 22, 2020
Hi, I have tried searching thru this forum to find my answers and I have. But I am still having problems for the PSC display to show the "buy @" button. I have complied both the indicator and script. I am using v2.291. This is what I only see from my PSC display, and a screengrab from the experts tab showing what is happening. For some reason it says the script is removed. Has anyone else also experienced this. I think this tool is awesome and would love to get it working. Thank you
Found my problem, it was with allow automated trading not ticked.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Position Size Calculator has been updated to version 2.30 today. PSC-Trader script has been updated to version 1.09.

It mainly involves fixing bugs and errors reported here, via Facebook, and via email. I would recommend updating as soon as possible.

The new version is also available on Github.

• 👍
Reactions: Napolean

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
So the Panel's positioning is working well now on MT5, however there is a new glitch when i click on the set TP, it goes right back to the top right.

i have yet to test the MT4 version though. Will let you know soon once i've tested it.

Glitch.gif

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
I've tested the MT4 version as well, it too goes to top upper left when i click on the TP.

I'm not sure why is the GIF not playing, but hope you can download it to watch what i mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.