How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
If ı did understand correctly Napolean wants the same feature as i do

While im scalping i've to manually add the spread (by calculating w/ mind :) over the stop/TP value

Bottom line is would be great to have a botton that includes dynamic or fixed spread whilst execution order

• 👍
Reactions: Napolean

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
If ı did understand correctly Napolean wants the same feature as i do

While im scalping i've to manually add the spread (by calculating w/ mind :) over the stop/TP value

Bottom line is would be great to have a botton that includes dynamic or fixed spread whilst execution order

You understand correctly. Like a button to add spread value on the line on chart, for any buying whether it is for entry or for SL. Once you hit the button, the line on chart would automatically move higher to account the spread. Though i don't exactly scalp but this feature would provide great entry accuracy, and I imagine it as another magical tool for scalpers. :)

• 👍
Reactions: Ben-FX

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
You understand correctly. Like a button to add spread value on the line on chart, for any buying whether it is for entry or for SL. Once you hit the button, the line on chart would automatically move higher to account the spread. Though i don't exactly scalp but this feature would provide great entry accuracy, and I imagine it as another magical tool for scalpers. :)

Indeed mate that would be a life changer :D Context related you can click the box to activate script whether you're taking short position (add on stop&TP) or for the long positions (add on entries ) + for the lost stop lines would be good to have adjustable stop range box right next to Stop-Loss text like the TakeProfit button(i did set it to 3x and according to setup might drag lower or higher)

Last edited:

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
A new suggestion for your consideration @Enivid

For the TP split script. Perhaps on the Script tab, you can consider adding a multiplier button for Take-Profit 2. That way, if the TP multiplier is default 1, then on the Take-Profit tab, there can be a multiplier of 2, and for Take-Profit 3, there can be a muliplier button of 3. The TP levels would be automatically set lower or higher based on whether it is a short or long position.

Hope my illustration below makes sense. It can save a lot of time of manual keying in of the levels.

Untitled.png

Btw, i just found out the panel corner adjustment is working on MT5 as i was just trying out MT5 today. Result for MT4 is the same.

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
There seems to be a glitch with the TP line. It keeps moving up and down after dragging the SL line. It only happens sometimes when i drag the SL line.
This only happen on MT5 platform. Mine is version 5 build 2361.

Another thing i noticed is the blue entry line is not automatically selected like it would on MT4. So i'd have to double click on it each time when it loads.

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Btw, what did you use to record your screen into gif image? it looks so clear compare to mine.

Last edited:

jdee

Trader
May 21, 2020
i just wanted to add my praise again to this sensational utility... it is so useful, feature rich, and a real pleasure to use. Can't express enough my gratitude for the amount of time you must have, and continue, to spend on it.... really is fantastic. thank you!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Another thing i noticed is the blue entry line is not automatically selected like it would on MT4. So i'd have to double click on it each time when it loads.

I've found the cause for this and I will fix it in the next version.

There seems to be a glitch with the TP line. It keeps moving up and down after dragging the SL line. It only happens sometimes when i drag the SL line.
This only happen on MT5 platform. Mine is version 5 build 2361.

I cannot reproduce this. Could you please send the sets file you use and also broker / account type? Alternatively, you could try updating MT5 to Build 2485 and see if it is fixed by that.

Btw, what did you use to record your screen into gif image? it looks so clear compare to mine.

I use ScreenToGif.

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
I've found the cause for this and I will fix it in the next version.

I cannot reproduce this. Could you please send the sets file you use and also broker / account type? Alternatively, you could try updating MT5 to Build 2485 and see if it is fixed by that.

I use ScreenToGif.

How do i update it to Build 2485 for my MT5? I look at the Check Desktop Update under Help. It says i a already running the latest version. But when i look at the official MT5 website https://www.metatrader5.com/en/releasenotes it says the latest is only 2470 as of 27 May.

How do i get the 2485 build?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
How do i update it to Build 2485 for my MT5? I look at the Check Desktop Update under Help. It says i a already running the latest version. But when i look at the official MT5 website https://www.metatrader5.com/en/releasenotes it says the latest is only 2470 as of 27 May.

How do i get the 2485 build?
Is it connected to a broker's server? Maybe your broker doesn't have the latest one? The latest (non-beta) version is 2485 - here is the announcement thread from the official forum: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/342948.
My MT5 got updated automatically on Saturday.

sunteadrink

Jun 9, 2020
Hello!! thank you for making this so efficient but can I check if it's working on SGD based account?

I'm using CMC mt4 and it calculated wrong position size, risk & reward for me. I've tried on USD/JPY, GDP/USD and XAU/USD, all three gave the wrong position size, risk-reward amount that I input in the calculation.

Photos attached are the calculations from the calculator after the trade and completed trades. USD/JPY is the most recent trade so the account balance should be the most accurate for position size calculations. I did not use the script for any trades.

USD/JPY
calculated position size - 0.01
risk SGD - 101.85
reward - 204.60

However, instead of losing $101.85, I lost $1.45 when hit Stop loss as shown in the photo. I used another 3rd party app the position size given was 0.7 with a loss of $73 which is kind of more accurate.

GBP/USD
calculated position size - 0.54 (I forgot the account balance when trading this but it should be around my current account balance)
risk SGD - 101.85
reward - 262.75
Instead of earning $262.75, I earned $324.97 when hit TP. Another 3rd party app showed position size 0.39 with a loss of $57 and earning $147.

XAU/USD
calculated position size - 0.11
risk SGD - 101.85
reward - 139.35
My account balance before placing this trade should be $10,372 which 1% should be $103.75 however it hit SL and I lost -$186.04.

I can't find a 3rd party app for XAU/USD so I really hope this calculator works for me!! Please help ):

Attachments

• PSC_usdjpy.JPG
    PSC_usdjpy.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 7
  • PSC_usdjpy_1.JPG
    PSC_usdjpy_1.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 7
  • PSC_gbpusd.JPG
    PSC_gbpusd.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 2
  • PSC_gbpusd_1.JPG
    PSC_gbpusd_1.JPG
    3.6 KB · Views: 2
  • PSC_xauusd.JPG
    PSC_xauusd.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 1
  • PSC_xauusd_1.JPG
    PSC_xauusd_1.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello!! thank you for making this so efficient but can I check if it's working on SGD based account?

I'm using CMC mt4 and it calculated wrong position size, risk & reward for me. I've tried on USD/JPY, GDP/USD and XAU/USD, all three gave the wrong position size, risk-reward amount that I input in the calculation.

Photos attached are the calculations from the calculator after the trade and completed trades. USD/JPY is the most recent trade so the account balance should be the most accurate for position size calculations. I did not use the script for any trades.

USD/JPY
calculated position size - 0.01
risk SGD - 101.85
reward - 204.60

However, instead of losing $101.85, I lost $1.45 when hit Stop loss as shown in the photo. I used another 3rd party app the position size given was 0.7 with a loss of $73 which is kind of more accurate.

GBP/USD
calculated position size - 0.54 (I forgot the account balance when trading this but it should be around my current account balance)
risk SGD - 101.85
reward - 262.75
Instead of earning $262.75, I earned $324.97 when hit TP. Another 3rd party app showed position size 0.39 with a loss of $57 and earning $147.

XAU/USD
calculated position size - 0.11
risk SGD - 101.85
reward - 139.35
My account balance before placing this trade should be $10,372 which 1% should be $103.75 however it hit SL and I lost -$186.04.

I can't find a 3rd party app for XAU/USD so I really hope this calculator works for me!! Please help ):
Thanks for reporting! I have found the error. It occurs because CMC set its conversion currency pairs as CFDs, which is rather weird. This will be fixed in the next version of the indicator.

luckyfx

Trader
Jun 10, 2020
This is a thing of beauty. I'm trying to modify it so it will put stop on swing low/swing high, when scalping on m1/m5 chart. The idea is to have two buttons, stop above, stop below so you can quickly set it and you will have the position size calculated. Actually the button could also be buy/sell and set the stop underwater, because that saves a thing you have to do.

Does anyone have an idea how to add this? I suppose we could look at the previous 5-10 candles, find the highest/lowest value and set the stop according to if we want to short or long?

floalexandre

Trader
Jun 10, 2020
Dear All, I am not able to run the script on MT4 ( latest version ) Im connected with Bluberrymarket demo version just to make some trials, when I process the script he is the Journal message which I get :
-SCRIPT PSC-Trader EURUSD loaded succesfully
and then
-SCRIPT PSC-Trader EURUSD H1 removed,

And no order is sent basically,

has someone an idea how I can fix that ?

thank you

luckyfx

Trader
Jun 10, 2020
Dear All, I am not able to run the script on MT4 ( latest version ) Im connected with Bluberrymarket demo version just to make some trials, when I process the script he is the Journal message which I get :
-SCRIPT PSC-Trader EURUSD loaded succesfully
and then
-SCRIPT PSC-Trader EURUSD H1 removed,

And no order is sent basically,

has someone an idea how I can fix that ?

thank you
did you put the script in scripts? assigned a hotkey?
2020-06-10 17_40_01-Clipboard.png
2020-06-10 17_40_52-.png
2020-06-10 17_41_09-Navigator Hot Keys.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes I did that already, I've done everything which was shown in the tutorial. Copy/paste compile etc.

It is the same result when I run with the shortcut or when I execute the script on chart

View attachment 16380

Here is the notification in the Journal
You could get much better info by looking at the notifications in the Experts tab, not the Journal tab. Most likely, you either don't have PSC attached to the chart or AutoTrading is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.