Ak04

Trader
May 31, 2022
Does back testing happen in "real time" with historical info?

Embarrassed to say I've never backtested anything on metatrader.

Qukan

Trader
Sep 24, 2022
Hi Enivid,

What are the best parameters to use on this EA?

Just read on it.

However, which would you describe better compared to the two EAs, that is between News-Trader and Amazing EA?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
What are the best parameters to use on this EA?
There are no best parameters. This depends on what is your strategy to trade the news event is.
However, which would you describe better compared to the two EAs, that is between News-Trader and Amazing EA?
See above. This depends on how you want to trade the news. News Trader is best if you prefer opening two market orders before the news. Amazing is best for pending orders trading.

• 👍
Reactions: Qukan

Qukan

Trader
Sep 24, 2022
Hi Enivid.

Is there a way I can alter the pending orders to be set at around 5 pips other than the 10 pips?

Or is there a way I can alter the pending order parameter.

Please guide me.

I'm finding the risk to reward ratio hard to work with my strategy and I'd like to have TP at 10 pips and SL at 5

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid.

Is there a way I can alter the pending orders to be set at around 5 pips other than the 10 pips?

Or is there a way I can alter the pending order parameter.

Please guide me.

I'm finding the risk to reward ratio hard to work with my strategy and I'd like to have TP at 10 pips and SL at 5
Yeah, but you'd need to modify the EA's code at around lines 326-327 for that.

Qukan

Trader
Sep 24, 2022
I'm sorry but I'm no coder.

I just love your work.
Please assist.

Or you can just direct me on where I can get the source code and the amendments that I would be making.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm sorry but I'm no coder.

I just love your work.
Please assist.

Or you can just direct me on where I can get the source code and the amendments that I would be making.
You can open the source code by right-click the EA in the Navigator and selecting the Modify option. You will need to compile the code after you make the changes. To compile, you need to click the Compile button at the top of the MetaEditor.

Spartan

Oct 12, 2022
Hello, i'm having problems with the mt5 version of Amazing EA. Doesn't load to the Mt5, and when i try to compile it, it has 33 errors

Qukan

Trader
Sep 24, 2022
You can open the source code by right-click the EA in the Navigator and selecting the Modify option. You will need to compile the code after you make the changes. To compile, you need to click the Compile button at the top of the MetaEditor.
Hello Enivid

My strategy has really been doing well on the Demo account. However, when I've tried it with a live account it fails terribly.

I've set trades to open at 3 pips from the market price but they open at 6 pips.

I've set the accepted slippage at 3 but the stop loss goes up to even 7 pips when I've clearly adjusted it to 3 pips.

It has worked very well on the demo accounts but it's frustrating on the live account due to not taking the stop loss at the set number of pips and the time when the trade open.

Please advice.

Qukan

Trader
Sep 24, 2022
Hi Enivid

At lines 326-327 there isn't any code line.
I just need somewhere I can set the stop loss to a certain number of pips.

Or can you just code sth for me to place a stop loss.
Ideally the stop loss worked on demo after amending line on recent high + spread + 10 *Poin, _Digits. I think that should be around line 345 and 346

Attachments

• 1666249270895.jpg
    1666249270895.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 1666249295405.jpg
    1666249295405.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid

At lines 326-327 there isn't any code line.
I just need somewhere I can set the stop loss to a certain number of pips.

Or can you just code sth for me to place a stop loss.
Ideally the stop loss worked on demo after amending line on recent high + spread + 10 *Poin, _Digits. I think that should be around line 345 and 346
Yes, you are right. I looked at the old version of the EA's code when I said lines 326-327. It should be 345-346. You can change "10" there to whatever number you'd like.
I've set trades to open at 3 pips from the market price but they open at 6 pips.
That's likely due to slippage.
I've set the accepted slippage at 3 but the stop loss goes up to even 7 pips when I've clearly adjusted it to 3 pips.
The Slippage parameter you set doesn't affect the stop-loss. It only affects the execution of market orders. Frankly, I don't know why I even added that input parameter here as the EA doesn't use market orders and only opens pending orders.

cripp0

Oct 28, 2022
Hello Envid,

I love the thought of this EA, but there's one thing that frustrates me. When an order is put on, it makes the SL a miniscule amount that is so close to the entry e.g. below Order Price (BUY) 32957.80 and SL: 32957.70, that's 00000.1 difference, it triggers the SL every time :-(
Is there a possibility that you could add a manual SL entry point? Or am I not understanding how this SL function works?
Any assistance would be great.
Thanks for making such a great EA!

Cheers

PHIL

1666989406301.png

cripp0

Oct 28, 2022
Hello Envid,

I love the thought of this EA, but there's one thing that frustrates me. When an order is put on, it makes the SL a miniscule amount that is so close to the entry e.g. below Order Price (BUY) 32957.80 and SL: 32957.70, that's 00000.1 difference, it triggers the SL every time :-(
Is there a possibility that you could add a manual SL entry point? Or am I not understanding how this SL function works?

Cheers

PHIL

View attachment 22960
I forgot to mention that I will be using it on Indicies, so they have larger pip numbers. Could this be the issue with the SL value?

CHEERS

Phil

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello Envid,

Cheers

PHIL

View attachment 22960
Currently, you can modify the source code to use a bigger SL/TP (see the discussion above). I will be adding input parameters to control that in the future version of the EA.

cripp0

Oct 28, 2022
Currently, you can modify the source code to use a bigger SL/TP (see the discussion above). I will be adding input parameters to control that in the future version of the EA.
Oh that would be great if you could, as I can really see the potential of this EA, it's just the SL part that lets it down.
If we had an input function for that it would be great!
Thanks for replying so fast and keep up the good work.

Cheers

Phil

cripp0

Oct 28, 2022
I've had a look at the code for V1.03 and all I can see are these lines on 393 & 394 regarding SL generated values. How could I edit those?
By any chance could you do a quick "SL" function within the EA, like you have for TP, as it looks like the TP code lines on 395 and 396, have a TP function coded, for value entry?

Cheers

PHIL.

1667065019221.png

Tylergibson

Sep 17, 2022
Discuss Amazing expert advisor. Amazing should be used to trade during the news - you can set the news date, hour and minute and watch as it follows the range breakouts caused by the news. You can ask any questions about this expert advisor here.

See also: Upgraded version by kjw425.
Dear Enivid and Kiw425, this is the one EA I have ever been using, one feedback, is it possible to add a multiple TP feature this EA, I have also requested this under Position sizer, thq for your time.